little lost dragon

Clan Ishtesh

Introduction

History has it the once forested area, a thriving woodland filled with flora and fauna, and the occasional human settlement, used to be home to all sorts of hatchlings. All kinds of breeds on with different goals: adventures, rescues, and for some, killing. Clan Ishtesh has roots extending back years. Its founders had no idea when they first met up that they would establish the lands saving grace.

3 dragons, still young and learning met up. The names of Scuta, Stoneza and Crisie. Scuta the spitefire, able to attack with the greatest of speeds. Stoneza the stone, where a attack would hardly faze him, and Crisie the GoN. These three were the starting roots of the clan. Together they met up and rescued each other from humans. However, during their first rescue attempt, they had unleashed an evil that still plagues the land: Crusher.

A cruel, bone plated vampire dragon. Born and raised by bloodthirsty humans, he had been a mere tool for them. Until his mental leash was burned by Scuta's brother, Jynx. More then one foe came and went but Crusher was always there; he did not seek power or control, just chaos. He adapted from his foe's attacks and defenses. He had started off with the power to cloak and grew stronger with time.

However the story took an interesting turn when he ran into the hatchling Oracle. In a way, she was the savior of the clan. Through compassion and love she cleansed his heart which allowed him to see his errors and change accordingly. Soon after he became a guardian of the land.

As his part went on, Scuta and his brother Jynx where always at each other's throats if they came across each other. Crusher even worked with a gold turned vamp and Scuta to chase Jynx away, before he was turned. No one knows if Scuta had vanished due to his brother having finally satisfied his lust for retribution of a crime Scuta had committed. Or if he had just left with the other spitfire.

Crisie, on the other hand, was what you would call the clan's trouble magnet. Wherever she went trouble followed. The scrolls in the archives are not long enough to record it all: undead mobs, power hungry monsters, killers, everything. There was a rumor that she and Scuta would get together but no one knew if that happened either.

Stoneza was an anomaly. An odd character the stone dragon was: reserved yet kind, quiet yet talkative, careful yet hardly fazed by most attacks. And perhaps the weirdest of them all, the ability to fly. He did not carry much weight in the roots of the clan but he was there to aid when needed.

One of those that posed a threat to the clan was a liche who went by the name Thrymzen. He had teamed up with our foe for a little bit but then went on to try to make his own army which, according to a GoN and the beginnings of the clan, was killed. The liche's fortress stands as a pile of rubble and stone now. He had tried to get Evil Crusher to join him and failed, resulting in his own plan, gaining Crisie's premature power, to fail. After losing his needed item he seemed to go silent and then later a full grown GoN Grezeshal when Evil Crusher got to her.

Our enemy is, indeed, Crusher. The same dragon that kept the clan from dying out, the one that stayed to maintain the group, had eventually turned against the clan. The first one when shown the error of his ways was also granted his first form: a magi, before he became a vampire. Everyone referred to him as his name, Crusher. His other self just got Evil tacked on to his name, Evil Crusher. He is both our enemy and ally. Evil Crusher still lives today, with the abilities of a GoN at his paws, the power he had ripped from Grezeshal, the bone plating, the ability to see all around him simultaneously through magic fields. Fortunately, Crusher and the clan elders had erected a protective barrier against Evil Crusher's powers over their land. But he is still out there, taking out those who wander out alone, unafraid to attack.

As of right now we have no record of where Good Crusher, Scuta, Crisie, and Stoneza are. But we owe them our lives. The humans are settling back into the land after it was overturned by Evil Crusher, more seem to be returning in droves, bringing supplies and new warfare; they do not break when we swatted them away the first few times. One settlement has gained a foothold, and now is a capital among others, and where they take captured dragons. Sometimes we see one or two escape, where some were being treated as slaves, and others being worn like common clothing in their stronghold. While this has provided Evil Crusher with many targets, he has to be careful as well. The last encounter we saw of him and the humans when they met was a few dozen... magic users keeping the ground steady to prevent him from using it on them. He did defeat them but that has shown a horrifying fact: the humans have learned some of our arts.

We have planned on trying to drive the humans away; they grow in numbers too fast, and are far too hostile. There are few that are not, but this stronghold needs to be destroyed, then we'll need to hold them away.

Plot

You are either with the clan of dragons trying to survive and hold off the humans or a human that think the dragons are nothing but beasts with beautiful scales and horns. Or at least that's what they were all taught. Both sides are also trying not to die to Evil Crusher. Will you survive or will you fall?

Rules

1. No God-modding ( Killing or controlling other's character without permission )

2. No Power-playing ( Acting super powerful )

3. No spamming or double posting ( Posting a post after another post )

4. No flamming ( Using bad words or insulting )

5. You may use romance but don't put it in details (Should be self explanatory. Take to a chat or PM if you have a need to have what they did that night for some reason)

6. If your new to RP'ing please pay attention to how its done. we don't want ("I haz you! I can raise tree's from the soil!") or something like that.

7. 4 lines each post. We need something to go off of. Continued one liners is what kills RP's.

8. No swearing. If you have the have some need for some reason use the censorkip.gif

9. Pm me the sheets along with your intro post under it. Also for appearance please include the sprite in there so we all know what it looks like. Then add after it what ever differences it may have in text.

10. If you sign up you have to post once every other day at the very least. One post every week kills a RP.

11. Have fun.

Character sheets

Username:

Name:

Human or dragon (DC dragons only):

Appearance:

Personality:

Job (humans only):

Powers (for humans these are very weak if they are done. It takes a large group to focus what they do know to affect a dragon. And that is only if everyone in said group are all experts in what there doing which takes years to do.) (Dragon powers consist of element powers, powers drawn from the experiment. however with the current events and lack of those that know there are no more that know extremely powerful spells or ability's. Keep the powers toned down or have a massive set back with each use to balance it out.):

Other:

((All characters from Hatchlings RP will have to be adults unless frozen. Only enter your Hatchlings character into this one if you won't have any major change happening, including:

Removal of the freezing effect

Body change (has happened)

Becoming undead after signing up

Permanent injury (IE: Missing tail)

Anything else that will affect them for life in the Hatchlings RP must transfer over to their character in this RP.))

Characters

Username: LLD

Name: Tash

Human or dragon (DC dragons only): Magi

Appearance: Like a normal one though longer limbs and missing his head frill

Personality: Caring but commanding. When crisis shows he will see what he and others can do to fix it. He likes to think things through before acting as well and tends to look down on those with blind loyalty and those that just jump head first into things.

Job (humans only):

Powers: A certain signature cloak. Its weakness is sun light making it very draining on him to try to keep a good cloak up in the day. Night time and dark places allow him to cloak fine with little energy loss.

Other: His father is rumored to be the magi Crusher but his mother remains a complete unknown.

Username: Durppie

Name: Ulixes

Human or dragon (DC dragons only): Dragon

Appearance: She is an adult Electric Dragon. Her snapped left horn from a conflict from a rival a long time ago has not yet grown back its tip.

Personality: She is still shrewd and enjoys practical jokes, but her years of living in the forest by herself have mellowed her out. She is now somewhat more mature and cautious due to the sudden influx of humans. In the past she did harbor a secret longing to return to her alpine home, but that urge has lessened. Ulixes has heard of Clan Ishtesh and hasn't joined it yet, but is planning to since she has no intention of being enslaved by humans or dying from the mysterious dragon she's heard about that wants to kill everyone (Evil Crusher).

Powers: She is capable of creating gem-like things to store pent up electricity in. They can detonate and zap anything in certain radii. However, the explosive's strength and blast radius depends on how much power she puts in it. More electricity in a gem increases this, but comes at a cost of draining Ulixes's energy and lowering her speed and senses. Putting too much electricity in can kill her by sapping all of her energy away. Also the gems have to be used within an hour, otherwise they will disappear and be wasted. Even making a tiny explosive takes a noticeable toll on Ulixes's agility, reflexes, and senses.

Other: user posted image She has a snapped left horn, and was a Hatchlings character that really didn't do anything.

Edited by little lost dragon

Hatchlings 2.0? I'm intrigued.

What happened to the original, if I might ask?

Looks great.

Once this gets started I'll stalk for a while, see if I can keep up,

Then I might submit a sheet.

Looks fancy LLD!

I suggest adding the rule if you're allowed to swear or not, because we might have some people swearing. If we're allowed to, I'd add not to do it constantly c:

( By the Way Alex, we kind of lost a heap of roleplayers. The one who roleplayed Scuta left and I was absent for awhile. So our most active roleplayers had left or were away. Since we only had like, 3 or so people left and I had health issues which gave me a reason to leave for awhile, we wanted to make a whole new Hatchlings so we could boost it up. Plus, we had run out of ideas so this was a great. )

And you might want to say where people send their forms to wink.gif and weither you're accepting now or after it gets approved.

LLD Mentioned something like that.

Many people leaving is unfortunate, but at the very least having a smaller, easily manageable surplus of RPers present in one thread tends to keep things in order, rather than having +10 people, each with their own subplot ideas.

Like I said, I'll stalk for a while, then perhaps write a sheet.

The main reason being that I go to work and university now.

I'll be preoccupied with a build me and a colleague are working on.

I can't say what it is but I do say it will make a lot of fire and it will be epic. No it's not dragon-related.

Anyway, this is relevant as to explain my frequent absences over the following week.

Edited by Ælex

Wow, its been a while since I posted in the Hatchlings RP. Hopefully I'll be able to reliably post in this one if I join.

One question, is Thrymzen finished for good? It says he went silent but it doesn't explicitly say whether he's finished. If he's still alive, then I take it he wouldn't be much of a threat?

I'd guess, since he turned vamp and I'm thinking he has a few more scars now? Oh, maybe add Crisie is his mate.

I'm a little confused as to why this is still not approved, but then now that I've had a good re-read of it I can't help but feel as if the entire thing is going to revolve around these above-mentioned characters.

Last time I was in such a re-oriented RP it didn't end out so well, but good luck anyway.

I'll seek my new thread elsewhere.

There was a rumor that she and Scuta would get together but no ones knew if that happened either.

It should be "no one".

Good luck on your RP! I'd really like to play this.

Hey Little lost dragon, I'm a test approver now so I'm just gonna give your RP one little critique that I found would help in starting your RP. Otherwise it's really good!

Plot

You are either with the clan of dragons trying to survive and hold off the humans or a human that think the dragons are nothing but beasts with beautiful scales and horns. Or at least that's what they were all taught. Both sides are also trying not to die to Evil Crusher. Will you survive or will you fall?

Plots are very important and especially for a DC RP this is a good one. It's just, with this plot, I can't quite see your RP shooting off right at the beginning as it should. Plots are there to get the RP going so the players know what their doing.

Please add these aspects:

- Where are you when it starts, what's the environment?

- Is there a goal? If so describe it.

- Is the player near any of the other players in the area?

I agree Gist, it's not ready.

Little Lost Dragon, as log as we're on this topic I thought I would point out these grammatical errors:

However the story took a interesting turn when he ran into the hatchling Oracle.

Should be "an interesting".

One settlement has gained a foothold and now is a capital among others

A comma after "Foothold" is proffered.

I was going to wait until you changed the first issues though, to keep it simple.

Edited by mumzy

Sweet! Now to come up with a character...

EDIT: Just thought of something; would we be using the Hatchlings OOC Thread for this RP as well? Or create a new one?

EDITx2: Cleared my posts 'cept this one.

Edited by sharlykng

At this rate it might but very slowly..... its open to start once people sign up. *goes to check pms for already pm'ed sheets.*

this is a dumb question - but I don't need to submit Crisie's form in again, do I?

aannnndd YESH. It's approved!

So should we start? Won't get anywhere if we don't.

Draggie, don;t forget to clear your posts.

LLD, can you forward me Scuta's kid's form back? I cleared my inbox since then and realized I didn't save it anywhere.

this is a dumb question - but I don't need to submit Crisie's form in again, do I?

aannnndd YESH. It's approved!

I can't find your sheet so... yeah.

So should we start? Won't get anywhere if we don't.

Draggie, don;t forget to clear your posts.

LLD, can you forward me Scuta's kid's form back? I cleared my inbox since then and realized I didn't save it anywhere.

((Sure to both))

((Ok going to try to fire this up. Prob was I had lost interest when it sat there for so long in the unapproved section.))

Tash was out for a hunt. The clan needed food the elders where hungry and if the elders fail well.... would not be good for them at all. there clan was many but well hidden. It was a miracle that there main foe, Evil Crusher was not a power hungry empire making type. Its spared them annihilation, something there ancestors had done many times over for them. Many had joined the clan since when the makers had been around. Even the powerful vamp had second thoughts attacking the clan.

A deer was spotted but he flew away quickly when a spear hit it before he had begun his attack dive. That was the other problem. The humans, they tried to enslave the dragons if not kill them for there money. Raids where done at times to rescue innocent hatchlings and others often doomed to slavery or poaching. Not matter the humans had been driven off before, some day they will again.

Tash narrowed his eye's as he flew in the sky. His father had once been the one causing the harm, at times, that fact would keep him awake at night. what if that dark side of him was passed on? What if if comes out? Tash shook his head and pumped his wings banking to the right. He helped keep the clan safe, and he would follow in THOSE paw steps.

She needed to be cautious nowadays.

Her time in the forest had changed over the years. Ulixes had seen some weird things in there, what with hatchlings running around. She had stayed out of it though. She was never good with taking care of the hatchlings back in her home clan in the mountains. And when she had accidentally killed that pygmy hatchling and gotten exiled for it, she did not want anything to do with younglings. They were too much trouble and nothing good came of them. These hatchlings seemed to be able to do things on their own, and needed no help from her. Yes, it was best to avoid them. Hatchlings were trouble.

Now there were humans going about the forest with a stronghold. She had heard stories of humans, two legged mammals that did not get along well with dragons. Some were captured or killed for their scales. Ulixes had seen a human wearing armor and using-what was it called?- a bow to shoot at a tree from target practice. The dragon had quickly ran away, not wanting that bow used on her. There was also some sort of ultra powerful dragon roaming around and striking anything down in his path. Luckily Ulixes hadn't had the bad luck to meet him yet. But it could be a matter of time.

And wasn't there a sort of clan in the forest? Perhaps she could join them. She was reluctant to though. Being in a clan meant you had an authority looming over you and dictating your actions.

But it was better than being in human hands.

Ulixes blinked and threw quick glances around the tiny cave entrance she had been calling home for sometime now before exiting. The coast seemed clear. She was going to join and put up with this clan. But where was their home? The dragon sneaked through the forest, keeping an eye out for humans, any dragons, and any caves that could be big enough to hold some dragons in it.