WWECornSerpent

DC Drawing Contest #2 - Edited Rules - Digital Art

It's a shame the first contest was won by default, but hopefully this one will go much better as I know there are PLENTY of wonderful artists out there!

Theme:

Water. As long as water is somewhere obvious in the piece, anything goes! Some possibilities are the ocean, a river, a lake, rain or a waterfall.

The Rules:

- One entry per person

- All artwork is allowed, including digital art, sketches, paintings, charcoal drawings, etc.

- Artwork has to be made by yourself and can't be just a cool dtawing you found on DevaintART or something. If someone else's work is in the picture, there needs to be something extra.

- No digital editing of the drawing is allowed except for cropping and brightness/contrast edits

- When voting, please don't select your own image. That just isn't fair.

- You are free to submit an old drawing; you don't need to draw a new one just for this competition.

Deadline: Saturday, October 13th, 2012 (Extended further due to changed rules.)

Previous Themes:

1. plant life

Edited by WWECornSerpent

Does a ship count in this one?

That's the only thing close to 'water' I have tongue.gif

Can you see any water in the picture, even a little bit?

Edited by WWECornSerpent

It does have a little water, yes....

Edited by Aerouant

- No sprites or digital art is allowed. Only sketches, paintings, charcoal drawings, etc.

This is probably one of the reasons there weren't many submissions in your first one, in addition to Multimedia not getting much traffic. Digital art is a pretty dominating medium on the internet. Just a thought; good luck with your contests =)

This is probably one of the reasons there weren't many submissions in your first one, in addition to Multimedia not getting much traffic. Digital art is a pretty dominating medium on the internet. Just a thought; good luck with your contests =)

I agree. I'd really like to enter one of these contests one day (a dragon themed one? :3)), however the only traditional medium I'm good at is pastel, which is expensive and extremely time consuming (my latest work has been in production for nearly a month now). So yes...just my 2 cents :3

Edited by rampaging wyvern

I fully understand this and sympathize. I simply copied the rules given by the original creator of the contest and didn't want to change them as I didn't feel it was my place to do so. If Moonbeam22 is willing to allow digital art, I would have no objections to that.

I would do this, but time is never on my side to make new pieces. I might enter this one.

You may change the rules to allow digital art. :3

Thank you!

Now if I can only find my little photo album with the photos I took of artwork I no longer own. Without it, I'm not going to be able to participate.

Making a good drawing is time consuming anyhow... I noticed the deadline has been extended allready, I think that is a very good idea smile.gif

My entry:

Ship, aquarell

My link works. My friend just visited this thread and tried it himself.

It is on ColorFront.com>Pictures>Search>Digital Neon Dragon.

Edited by MaskedDeath

It is not working. It does not have a proper link (it is missing something like .com or something.)

Also I cannot find the 'pictures' link at the site ColorFront.com

Perhaps you should consider another host for your images?

@Seiti: Love the encaustic art! It has been a long time ago since I've been working with that biggrin.gif

Edited by Aerouant

Yeah. The links you have posted aren't working for me either.

Try uploading them on one of these sites:

http://tinypic.com/

http://imageshack.us/

Or register an account at:

http://photobucket.com/

You could even have get a Deviantart account and upload your artwork there. smile.gif