autumnraynefyr

Refusal Cooldown

So I was thinking do you know how you spend a lot of time and effort into breeding and obtaining mates for that one special dragon that you have only to see them refuse to go near each other.. Why not have it where they go on like a 31 or 60 day cooldown or whatever and can "potentially breed" after said refusal cooldown with a slightly higher/lower rate of refusal after said cooldown.. I mean sometimes going to through the hassle of finding another dragon with the same aspects can take even longer than this for people whom don't have thousands of dragons to breed from. This is just an idea that I thought up, and I am pretty sure it has probably been brought up before.. So I apoligize if this is like the thousandth time this has been suggested..

I don't know about this idea -- I'd like to hear opinions first, but it seems... okay? ;_;

edit; it always helps to search for a thread similar, but I haven't seen any on the first page.

Edited by Ashes The Second

This is an intentional gameplay element and is not something that is likely to change in the foreseeable future.
-TJ09

pulled from a thread on the 7th page that was closed.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=5866838

however.. that thread is slightly different.

They refuse because they dont like each other. Maybe one smells funny to the other. I dont think people, animals or dragons who refuse each other, would be ready to try again.. anywhere down the road. When the chemistry isnt there, its just not there.

Edited by Thuban

What's wrong with a refusal ? It happens in life; why not with dragons ? Sure it is WILDLY annoying - but - well, that's what it is is what it is xd.png

ETA kinda ninja.gif 'd biggrin.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

I like the idea of there being a way to get another shot after refusals, but--I'm kind of inclined to like the suggestion of reconcile BSA for all Valentine dragons more than this. I guess my one primary concern with this method is would the cave let you know how long you had to go on the refusal cooldown and with who, or would you just have to write it down for yourself? xd.png;;

I THINK TJ said somewhere that holiday dragons will never get BSAs. Can anyone find that post ?

-TJ09

pulled from a thread on the 7th page that was closed.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=5866838

however.. that thread is slightly different.

They refuse because they dont like each other. Maybe one smells funny to the other. I dont think people, animals or dragons who refuse each other, would be ready to try again.. anywhere down the road. When the chemistry isnt there, its just not there.

However, that thread was in response to someone suggesting the reduction of time in the breeding cooldown for refusals, my suggestion is only to have a possible to cooldown on refusal.. As such in the terms of humans and other animals, preferences have been noted to change over time and while this mate may not seem suitable now, they might at some time down the road..

Refusals are a pain, but I don't see the need to reverse them--

What I would like , in the case of a refusal, is to have the dragons able to breed again in less time, say three days- not with each other , but different partners.

Not a refusal cooldown, but a shorter cooldown for the dragons that refused. biggrin.gif

especially helpful in the case of CB refusals, biggrin.gif