Hawktalon

Best Story in a Video Game

Bioshock Infinite. I remember being so overwhelmed and confused by the story at times, and then the ending was just super impressive.

Fallen London might not be a video game exactly, but the world is so deep and rich and it's full of top-quality writing. Though even talking about the storylines is spoilery, given that the fun of the game comes mostly from sorting them all out, so...I can't contribute much here, haha.

Gonna add my 2 cents here to nominate Ace Attorney as some of the best storytelling I've ever read... Or at least the Phoenix trilogy.

Okami/Okamiden

Any Legend of Zelda game (especially Majora's Mask)

OFF

Undertale

Most well known RPGmaker games

Super Paper Mario

A few of my extremely biased recommendations, most I own, others I've watched playthroughs of on YouTube due to my inability to own them.

I agree that Portal was amazing. Ive really enjoyed the Walking Dead so far (on season 1 Ep 4) and The Witcher series as well

Many people mention Final fantasy 7 but I think Final fantasy 8 was the best for me because it created that fantasy feel of strange environments, warped story line very strange creatures and very beautiful characters with extreme sense of fear that the tale contains.

Final fantasy 7 is a brilliant game but its overrated and made 8 lack any further production even low ff8 made more of a profit which is a shame for ff8 fans.

Bloodborne- has a fantastic story line very deceiving

Metal gear solid- tell a very unique story line with beautiful characters and something for everyone.

Dead Space was a scary and shocking in most parts

other games worth playing are, dark souls, gears of war, street, fighter zelda I could keep going lol

I think Stardew Valley looks like a pretty good story line. I haven't played it, but I've watched a couple of my friends stream it and it looks pretty good.

Of course I'm going to say Mother 3. The story is so fleshed out and captivating and it's just amazinggg

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky had an amazing story too. And The Binding of Isaac isn't really story centric but its lore fascinates me for some reason.

Dragon's Dogma. There is just so much lore and it has such an in-depth and detailed plot and every time I play it I see something new and....it's just soooo good!

Danganronpa. That game just......wow.

I don't play that many story centric games so I have to say GTA V, which is, in my opinion, utterly brilliant. The movie vibe to it, how it's still so easy to follow even when doing the side missions at the same time and just how the whole game just flows. Sexist vibe and jokes apart, it's an amazing game all in all.