-GuardianWolf-

The Lonely Sun- Chapter 1

The shadow split itself in half, as if repelled by the blade. The two parts zipped away. They rejoined against the wall. Out of nowhere, a male scream ripped through the room. The shadow figure writhed in seeming agony. The darkness in the room froze and drew itself to the shadow. Out of the wall, it came to the three dimensions. It was a man with heavy iron armor and a spiked helmet covering his face. However, this form only lasted a moment.

Now loosing the armor and spiked helm, it was an exact replica of Draco. The only difference was that it seemed to have slight black flames licking up it. The men snapped to attention and the life flooded back in to the room. The figure looked at its hands stretched out before it and flexed its muscles. It then touched its face, froze, and glared up at Draco. It leaped up and lashed out at him. However, its hands only went through him. The thing seemed to try to speak, but only raspy screeches came out. It was yelling furiously now.

Jane froze. Something was wrong. The words Vashta Nerada entered her mind once, but those were nonsensical. Made up words that she used when she was little. Daleks, Time Wars, all of them made up and pretend. Nothing real. Just pretend. Nothing like that on Erro, that was for sure. 'Living Shadow' haha. A grand joke for sure. However, that uncertain, uncomfortable look upon her face remained, even as she finished buying the stockings. It was connected to the pocket watch, somehow, some way. She just needed to open it and learn what was inside.

Draco let out a laugh "Ah it isn't so easy being me now is it?" he says mockingly "And I see that you can't hurt me either. Well the noise may be a problem but I really don't give a damn!"

Draco had sat back down he had little care of compassion for this creature and he wasn't going to waste time on it until he had counted his money. The men stared at him strangely until he looked up and said "Look it is obviously a demon, be happy that it is like this from what I saw it was going to kill the lot of you." The men after that got back to work ignoring the creature and acting as though it wasn't real.

Donum turned slowly as her rabbit-like ears picked up the sound of men moving. She gaped at the scene that unfolded before her. She was hit with the sweet scent of fresh roses as the blood seemed to seep back into the dead men. As a few of them began to get up Donum took a step back. She was filled with happiness, but also fear. She was happy, as they did not seem dead, and the scent of the roses had done something close to drugging her, not allowing her to see the full spectrum of possibilities. She whipped back around as the man began coughing uncontrollably. She knelt down beside him as he leaned against the tree, feeling his neck. His coughs had raked his body and as she watched him convulse she same to the conclusion that he was dead. She could feel a slight, slow heartbeat and she sighed, turning toward the young girl. Horror was spelled across her face as she looked back and forth between the reanimated men and her seemingly dead father. Donum had to face the fact that she could not carry the man as well as his daughter, so she decided to take the little girl away from the traumatizing scene. She pushed her hands underneath the child's arms and pulled her from the ground. Donum stared sadly at the little girl. She was shivering with fear and her once pretty dress was ripped and muddied. When Donum began to lift the girl to her shoulder she did not even react, she did not move or cry, she only breathed a small whimper before falling into Donum. Don lifted the girl and put her atop Alma, which was not an easy task. She swung a leg onto Alma and hiked herself up before wrapping an arm around the little girl and grabbing the reins with her other hand. She signaled to Alma and she took off, in the direction from which they had just come.

In a nearby city, a shadow-cloaked figure darted in between buildings, sensing the strong power given off by rage. He came to a sight in an alleyway; a man stood in front of a lifeless body, blood seeping through dagger wounds. The figure looked from different angles, looking at the corpse and noting all its cuts before silently dropping below its roost. The shadows surrounding the creature dispersed, revealing a red-skinned being, almost twice the size of a human. It held its index and center fingers straight, their claws tipped by black energy. The alien being let out a click to gain the man's attention, followed by a grip to his throat. "Hey, the f-" The murderer choked out the words while trying to stab at his assailant, but the red figure simply silenced the man by landing its hand deep in his stomach, and in another second, the knife-wielder mirrored the man on the ground. The creature tossed the body next to the other. "The killer becomes the killed," he said in a hushed voice. He jumped to the top of a building, and left in search of more problems to solve.

The dark creature quieted and glared at the men. It seemed to be thinking, since its words were unheard by anyone. It thought for a long time. It probed it’s look-alike’s mind extensively. A normal person would barely have felt it. However, as a psionic user, Draco could feel it checking over every inch mercilessly. The thing appeared to be going over every memory, speech pattern, thought, and quirky habit that he held. It paused for a moment over random things, such as the combing of hair or meeting of a random person on the street. It leaned on the back of his chair. Its 'voice' echoed throughout the room, though it was clearly just in his head. [Your language capabilities are crude and your mind is extremely limited. I do not see how you manage to cope in your everyday life, puny star samurai.] The shadow Draco tapped the top of Draco's head slowly and deliberately. It smiled to itself. [You do realize that you could be so much more in your true form?] It grabbed the nearest chair, pulled it next to Draco and sat down. It was grinning maliciously. It crossed its legs and watched him patiently. All little bits of what it was before seemed to have vanished.

Jane walked out of the store, completely oblivious to anything that happened. She was too busy digging around in her purchases. Perhaps a large knife would be good to slice these. She could also test her 'run' theory. The theory is based upon the fact that five minutes after wearing any sort of thin leggings, they will tear along possibly preset lines. "Freaking thieves are what they are. Well, let's just make some new lines in these shall we?" Jane decided that after a year of everyone calling her odd and ignoring her in general principle, she had the right to talk to herself. Orphan, boring name, and overall interesting person. Strange combination for a strange girl. "Perhaps if I scored them just right, I could create more bandages this time."

Draco pulls out his pistol and shoot at the shadows head "Look I don't know what game you are playing, nor do I really care. I've killed magisters that could eat you for breakfast, and if you keep pissing me off I'll find a way to kill you too. He has now finished counting his money and head off to the pit for some cqc.

The shadow burst out laughing. It simply could not contain its enchantment. [Little star samurai, How you do continue to surprise me!] he snickered. He grinned to the men around the room who still could not hear him. As Draco reached about twenty feet away, the shadow was yanked out of the chair on to the floor. It was as if an invisible force shoved him out of it. He was dragged a matter of ten feet before scrambling up. [Hey, slow down a moment, Star Man!] He sprinted to catch up to Draco. His hands fumbled with the air until he seemed to grab on to something. He tugged at it and a whisper of a chain being rattled crept down the hall. The shadow man cursed something in a foreign tongue. [You know, I really hate those contracts. I simply do not see why I signed it.] he murmured to himself. Testing whatever invisible chain it was again, he sighed. [Guess what, Master Draco? It appears that you and I are going to be stuck together, forever!]

-----

The rose shadow hesitated and then flickered away to some other purpose. The task at the carriage was done, though not as completely successful as desired. For now, there was no other extreme havoc to amend here. It drifted in to the city. There were so many silent crimes here. A city so large is bound to have many troubles. It stopped just outside an alley where two people had been murdered. Coming under the second man dead, the shadow attempted to heal the man. However, he refused to resurrect. The shadow then tried the second who healed and opened its eyes. Seeing that it was unharmed, the shadow passed quickly by the Kaelmai to other things.

There were several other people recently dead, which were raised. Another problem was orphans that it found. The being could not do anything for them and moved on, leaving the smell of roses behind. The city was a mess. Dying people to ease, widows to comfort, perpetual unrest, hate, impending crimes, eventual crooks and killers. Those streets were sad streets. Behind every stage and counter was at least one unhappy person. All butchers, bakers, grocers, and clerks were depressed. Clowns, actors, and showmen put on their faces only to entertain for a night. Every household had some grievance, no matter how small. The shadow could not help but feel great pity, though it was mostly the peoples own faults.

Edited by -GuardianWolf-

Draco stood still for a moment when he heard that and then he continued on "Welcome to the club" he says waving his arm towards his men "Don't worry there is a special place in hell for all of us"

Draco now found this amusing, he often thought about things such as this occuring and as long as it was actually happenning he would go on as though nothing happened. He entered the ring and a man stepped forward. This was their way of showing who was the leader and Draco. Draco was undefeated.

After a couple more 'visits', the alien started to feel slightly hungry. He made his way to a grocer's store, making himself take the guise of a human, and the shopowner recognized it instantly. They talked for a minute- family, events going on. Of course, all of what the Kalemai said were thought up. After which, the alien asked for his usual order, a large bag of pasta. He had run out five days before, but only needed to eat now. He passed over a handful of coins; taking the satchel of refined wheat with him as he left for his hideout.

((May I ask what tech age this is in? Is it like the 1500s, modern day-ish, or schizo tech- both medival and modern/futuristic technologies together? I just want to make sure I don't screw anything up. Neeeeeeeveeeermiiind.))

Edited by vamprah9588

[Hmmm, you sound like you know. I actually have a rather nice little condo over there. If you die, I should show you around some time.] The shadow seemed to have a spring in its step. [i should be more dismal. If you do not die in combat, you may never pass on. It means that I am going to have no fun! Especially with your annoying habit of showing mercy. Did I mention that I read your mind?] He waved a hand dismissively. When they entered, Shadow looked around the pit with a slight interest. He seemed pleased that there was one, as if he did not expect it. The pit was large. It was large enough that he could not stand at the edge while Draco fought. This was all right with him because he was able to tease and criticize him either way. [Well, I take it all back! Perhaps you will be an interesting host!] Shadow grinned widely.

((Vamprah can I say Don saw you on the road? Or did you have a different location for your hideout.))

Draco entered the pit at the center of it stood a large man. "Well I guess you never were one to disappoint." he says menacingly. The man cracks his knuckles as Draco approaches. Everyone is silent and then the fight starts. The man start trowing punches at Draco and Draco proceeds to simply dodge each one letting him tire himself out.

As the human-disguised creature walked towards his shelter with his payload slung over his shoulder, he passed a building he knew well. It was an area where fights were held without the law enforcement knowing. Oh, what would another hour of hunger do? The being entered the area, showing he had no concealed weapons to the two men on watch. He handed his sack of pasta over to the one guy, with a look that showed it's importance to him; after which he went down the stairs to the ring, where much commotion was to be heard. One very bulky man was fighting a person who seemed so-very assured, probably because the lump of muscle was losing. He stood among the crowd, blending in as much as he could. Perhaps this day he wouldn't make himself lose; pretending to fail to keep suspicion down.

((And BTW, I'm not going to call him by name until it's released IC.

EDIT- I just realized last night that i messed up on Vamprah's age, writing 9,000,000 instead of 18,000,000 [which 9,000,000 was the first age I made for him.]))

Edited by vamprah9588

Shadow looked up silently at the new arrival. He crossed his arms and scanned him up and down. Snorting with amusement, he turned back to the fight. [Master Draco, do you normally have aliens in your midst? Well, stupid question since you are one.] he smiled. the shadow kicked a stone away with his foot. This was a strange little hub. Glancing up at Vamprah again, he raised two fingers in silent salute. Of course, he didn't mean any of it. It was just to see how the Kalemai reacted.

((Well, shoot. How can I join in on this fun? Jane's getting freaking bandages.))

((Uhh, be in the area of an argument or something? Overhear the location? *shrugs*))

The figure noticed a mass of shadow, assembled into a humanoid being, looking at him and making a gesture like a soldier. To this, he flickered his guise, allowing only the darkness to see his true form. He could tell there was no emotion behind its' move, so he had nothing to say. He simply looked at the fight going on. The meathead was such a fool. If only he had anticipated his rival's moves and had put less power in his hits, he would not have been so weak right now. Now that he was reduced to a ragdoll, the other man started to make his move.

The man was tired and worn out. He simply did not understand the dynamics of fighting. He threw another punch this time is was by far to sloppy. Draco knew he could of won at anytime but he always preferred to give his opponent a chance to get better. He grabbed his arm and used him momentum to throw him to the ground. As he fell Draco applied pressure to the back of his elbow snapping it out of place. With him on the ground Draco delivered the final blow. This was done with one of his powerful stomps crushing his skull. With his foot still in he yells "No Mercy for weak!" Of course he would never kill someone whom he promised not to, but this here was a fight to the death as are all fights for leadership.

Shadow smiled happily to himself. [Oh, and you aliens are all so kind as well! First, you slicing me in half and forcing me to this body; and now, pure silence from both of you! By the dark king, this is boring!] he sighed in their link. The body builder over there or whatever was loosing dramatically. He was acting foolishly at every turn. Draco dodged and redirected easily. [Missed... Missed... Oh, you almost got him, but you missed!] he narrated monotonously. Finally, Draco had the kindness to finish him off. With the swift foot to the head, the fight was over. He rolled his eyes when his look-alike shouted "No Mercy for weak!” [Would you mind if I spirited some women in here? That would be much more entertaining than watching you brawl.]

edit: Shadow snapped his fingers and several ladies from around the city appeared. They looked confused. He smiled to himself. [see, there we go.] One of the more interesting guests was Jane, the true Timelord child. However, Shadow was not bothering to check that. He was absorbed in trying to get some response out of his host. He cleared his throat. Best not to speak now. There was a high chance that he would screw up in the translation and then where would he be. He just beckoned for the ladies, who mostly did not respond.

Edited by -GuardianWolf-

"What the censorkip.gif did you just do?" Jane asked. "And what the censorkip.gif did you think you would accomplish?" She didn't like this shadow man. He must have used some kind of teleporting mechanism, or maybe a machine that moved so fast that she couldn't see? It definitely wasn't magic. Too late she noticed that she was in a bandit camp, with a knife and stockings. She looked crazy, but hey, several of her Doctors indeed call her 'special'. Heh, crazy was 'special' right? "I know what this looks like. I can explain..."

Draco looked at his shadow figure and sighed "Welcome to the lair of theives, murderers, and rapist. I am the one who summoned you" he glares at the shadow. "You are my esteemed guest and I offer you my protection for the duration of your stay."

[i am going to kill you] he thinks to the shadow [You do realize that I can only protect the one from the men, make the others disappear.]

Shadow did not realize it, but he was slowly settling in to the common speech. His fancier terms were being replaced by common four letter words. He was also developing an annoying taste for sarcasm. He glanced over at Draco and shook his head. [Oh of course, Master.] He snapped his fingers once again and the spare women went back to their locale. The pit was empty apart from Draco, the Shadow, Jane, and the dead man. [i do wish you had more of a taste for women. It could be so fun! Think of them crowding around you. Each one craving your, undivided attention?] he looked to their new guest. Better than nothing, he supposed. The punk flare was nice, though not to be widespread on this planet for several hundred years. She was a nearly typical hu-. No, wait just a moment. This girl was a Timelord, an actual one too. She was not one of those half-baked hybrids. He marveled over her. [Y-you would not believe it, little samurai. She is an extraterrestrial as well…]