-GuardianWolf-

The Lonely Sun- Chapter 1

((Note to self: [telepathy] "speech" 'Other Speech' ~Translation~

Note to Readers: For now, only Donum understands translation and Draco understands telepathy.))

[i have never eaten before, Master Draco. I doubt I shall get in the habit now.] The light presence sent shivers down Shadow's spine, now that he had one. It was a very unpleasant experience. Crossing his arms, he stood in a corner where he could observe everything. Suddenly, there she was. It was one of the original scoundrels as well. Looking down, he bluntly ignored the urge to flee and resisted looking in that direction. When the speakers came on, he stared at the oddly shaped device making it. It was mounted on the wall and shivering with the vibration of sound. 'Ladies and gentleman, we have a new arena champion!' Pfft, Draco was beaten already.

'A lovely lady, yes men, you heard right, by the name of Donum.' His feeble little corporeal heart almost stopped. Donum was the one to blame? She would barely even touch a fly in fear of it keeling over. 'Her record, 10 men dead in under 5 minutes.' Those Luxeda were such hypocrites! Oh, killing is awful. Only for protecting the innocent, only in defense, only for quarreling with evil. Yeah, big surprise that one of your kind did it freely then. he thought bitterly.

Finally looking up, he saw her. She seemed struck by the message. Though she showed nothing, it was evident enough that she could barely stand. Shadow thought to himself that it served her right. A lightbringer had finally fallen. What would she say? That she didn't mean to, it was a mistake, that she took it back? There was no taking death back unless you controlled it. He certainly refused to raise any little minions so weak, especially if it meant Donum's torture. She had better be downright miserable. Not that such a wish was nessicary. He forced himself closer to her, within speaking distance "Re dend neh zellab? Megal onep wegpad?" ~How did it feel? Are you proud?~ he asked ominously.

Tearing bits of bread from the loaf Donum surveyed the room. Some men looked confused, naturally, others angered, and some had just turned away. There was only one man though that she was truly paying attention to. Ears slightly pricked to the right she listened as the shadow, who should make no sound, edged toward her. Her body prickled with tension and her heart glowed more intensely, casting off more light to ward away the darkness. She looked to the man now, slightly disgusted at her counterparts question. 'Vi vorey a to wegpad? A goovack taona jig gafar joob fortin nackrahab. Caverl A gooval fahtulash gea hu forve keebas. Gavel twa ij Luxdea gov shavo kee farentovaknasho gaf litoriandofin, jor A toog ka rew golam gavel ij havorin togetranota ack Erro bol Sepio.' ~Why should I be proud? I slaughtered those men like they meant nothing. Honestly I think something is at work here. For me, a Luxdea to kill so absentmindedly is appalling, and I think it is time for a true meeting of Erro and Sepio.~ Crossing her arms she tossed away the loaf of bread, she was no longer hungry. She was certain something was going on, that might even be out of their control. She was so overcome in the ring, it felt natural, to sleigh those men. But, she knew that she would sit in prayer for a week's worth of nights, in remorse. Did the shadow feel evil at work as well? Or was it the shadow people causing such menace?

Edited by Shur'turgal

((Oh shi- things just got weird and mechanical in this post.))

The shadow stopped. It watched the lizard intently. When she pressed her nose to the ground, there was no special sensation. It felt as it you were to reach down and touch the ground. Perhaps cooler, but no texture other than the concrete. There was always the smell of rose, of course. The shadow made a noise like a sputtering machine. The scanner sound came back again. "Koam, Ko-am Noelki?" it tried to explain. "Accessing Data Banks... Please Wait." came a mechanical male voice. (Of course, such things were not invented on Erro yet, but you get the idea.) "Recognition Program Engaged: For Maximum Compatibility, Please State Your Designation, Species, And Gender. If You Lack Any Of The Previously Listed Items, Please Say: Blank." The shadow swam around excitedly again. "Xu-sakunako! Su`amku J'oel"

Draco head to the armory to make sure the weapons are ready for the raid. He didn't need them to be exactly lethal as that would mean to many deaths a longer time in between raids. He was always rather intelligent about what he decided to do regardless of the legality he made sure to plan things out and would never risk to lives of his men if he truly had a choice. He pick up a pistol of an East Indian design that he never got working and tosses it to Jane "Fix this will ya'"

Catching the the gun after it flew towards her, Jane looked at it. An east indian pistol, seemed that the barrel was slightly crooked, grime had built up inside the barrel, and the loading mechanism was stuck. "Will do. Not much of a challenge, but I suppose its intriguing enough." Starting with the filthy barrel, Jane took a small brush out of he pocket, she kept all the tools that would fit there, and began to scrub out the barrel. After about a minute of scrubbing, Jane found a vice and placed the gun in its jaws. She then pushed the barrel back into alignment, it wasn't off by much, just a millimeter. Jane then took the gun out of the vice and pulled out a screwdriver. Not noticing that her pocket watch fell out as did so.

Shadow watched Jane's work out of sheer boredom. There was scarecly anything else going on in the small room. She seemed proficient in her work. All Timelords seemed to have a knack for something. Technology, Diplomacy, Hitchhiking, Dancing, whatever takes your fancy. He heard the brief Clat! as the pocketwatch hit the ground. It did not snap open as one might expect. Carefully, he leaned forward and lifted it by the chain. It was plain, but well kept and polished. Pressing on the top in an attempt to see the inside, he found it was jammed. He glanced up at the Timelord who was still absorbed in her work. he cleared his throat quickly. "Anii, oepeg nehla." ~Miss, your watch.~ Shadow said respectfully as he could. He swiftly untangled the chain and dangled it out in front of him.

((huhwat))

Jay tossed her head and snorted when her nose met cool concrete. Then she tilted her head at the soft whirring hum and sputter that emanated from the shadow. The strange new voice startled her and she jumped, scurrying up the wall away from the shadow. Only then did she register what the voice said.

'Designation? That means name, right?' The lizard grinned mischievously. "Blank, blank, and blank," she replied, wondering how it would respond. The shadow below her said something as well, but again she couldn't understand it.

Donum watched as the shadow was dragged away by either the woman or the man. She found it odd that shadow people had to become bound to others like that. She doubted that he would be back, unless of course the others came back too, so, wanting answers, she followed. Quietly she crept behind the group and entered the armory with them. She watched the watch fall to the floor, and the shadow man pick it up. She shook her head when he tried to speak to her, 'Korn violtor havorickon qe.' ~She cannot understand you.~she said. Stepping forward she grabbed the watch and turned to the woman.. a timelord? Smiling she extended her arm and said, 'Here lady, your clock.' Then she turned to the shadow and bitterly said, 'Lavorey fintoren guin jint har jig wena cor fa.' ~Detach yourself from this man and speak with me.~ Then a feeling washed over her, or rather, washed out of her, and she was surprised at her own bitter tone. Her shoulders slumped and her face went slack in confusion and she just stood there.

Shadow was shocked as the watch felt like it was wrenched out of his hands. Or rather, that was the impression he got due to the offender. It was Donum, again. She had followed their party in to the armory. "Tenhsar! N hago zeg ejsal he fel canjed mejd oep rapgh mal." ~Witch! I try for once to be courteous and you can only think to demean me.~ She had blatently stole his opportunity. He hadn't even been trying anything. Jane should have just taken her watch back either way. Hypocrites! There she was again, looking sorry as if that hadn't been her intention. You cannot just be overcome by malice at any moment you please and then let it go. Well, perhaps you could, but she still had no excuse! His face was in a sour expression. Storming off behind a row of shelves, he barely contained himself from knocking it over. It may not be sensible to undergo what you previously scorned, but it was happening. He was ticked off again. Taking a helmet, he crushed it easily between his palms.

"Oh, hey. Just set it on the bench there. I'll fix it later. Fricking thing cut my finger earlier." Jane said as she began to fuss with the gun more. She didn't even register that the woman had called her 'lady' or that growing tension between the woman and the shadow thing. At last the mechanism clicked into place and Jane made a loud cheering sound. "YES!" By now people were staring at her, but Jane didn't care, just that she had fixed it. If only the watch was this easy to fix...

[is that woman bothering you?] Draco thinks to the shadow ever aware of the woman behind him while he polishes his sword and pistol. He always wanted his stuff looking nice and knew that for the sword the polish would make it cut better as there would be less resistance.

Continuting to flatten the helmet, Shadow considered his response. There was probably nothing Draco could do. Donum might leave if he asked, but even that was now uncertain. Sighing, he dropped his hand to the side, idly wondering how expensive that piece of metal he held was. [it seems to be her duty.] He twisted the metal in to a clumsy triangle. [i don't expect you to do anything Master Draco, I can try to avoid her on my own...] He flattened the egdes, making them sharp as possible, which was not very. He considered his play thing and crushed in a handle at the bottom. There, a stupid little dagger thing. Congratulations to me. He stroked a finger across the unsharpened edge. Not a scratch.

Jane could sense the tension in the room. "Do you guys need to have a moment alone or something?" Jane asked. "Because if someone dies I'm going to kill you both." It was the stone cold glare that came across her face that could almost convince anyone that she could, would, and was almost happy to. A cold glare that hinted at an emotionless killer.

Jay tossed her head and snorted when her nose met cool concrete. Then she tilted her head at the soft whirring hum and sputter that emanated from the shadow. The strange new voice startled her and she jumped, scurrying up the wall away from the shadow. Only then did she register what the voice said.

'Designation? That means name, right?' The lizard grinned mischievously. "Blank, blank, and blank," she replied, wondering how it would respond. The shadow below her said something as well, but again she couldn't understand it.

:[

((I don't really have any ideas for that. PM me about where you want the interaction to go.))

Sighing Donum turned to the woman, 'No one needs to die here, this shadow man just really dislikes me.' Looking down Donum could see that she was still in her armor. Shuddering she thought of her dress and slowly her armor dissolved and morphed into the white feathery gown she loved. Smiling now at the shadow she said, 'Can we not have a talk like the civilized gifts of Erro and Sepio we are? If it makes you more comfortable, these two need not leave.' She honestly just wanted to figure out what was going on here on Sepio's beloved planet. Nothing seemed normal lately, and she was glad to include the timelord in their discussion. Though, she was not sure about the samurai, something was off about him and it made her uneasy.

((Zermonth, we need you!))

There was a sound like a computer thinking. After a moment it said, "Error 503. A compatable match was not found due to lack of data. Have a nice day." There was no more input from the mysterious voice. The rose shadow seemed to loose interest and drifted a few feet away. It then stiffened to a halt and zipped in to the streets. It was in quite a rush. It left its scent along the road, though it zipped all over the place. It was heading to the outskirts of town.

Edited by -GuardianWolf-

Draco abruptly leaves the room and begins to head for his bed chamber. Right now he isn't feeling like dealing with anything that may come of these interactions.

"N remhal oep." ~I just dislike you~ he scoffed as Donum said it. He started to consider her request when Draco began leaving. Well, it didn't matter now. Besides, there wasn't anything about him she didn't know, at least nothing he would tell her. There was the small matter of his brothers, but that was not really her business, now was it? He chuckled darkly to himself. "Ieggo, N remwal he ve." ~Well, I'm sorry but I have to catch the carpool.~ he said, strolling after Draco. Sepio forbid she follow him, which she might. Draco was a good excuse for leaving. A point in his favor.

"That wasn't tense at all..." Jane said as the shadow man walked off. "So, I've been getting looks from that shadow man and you. Like you know something about me that I don't."

((Bah, I'd like to write longer, but I'm tired...))

Jay stood up quickly when the rose shadow left. Curious and still wondering what it was doing, she followed the strong scent trail. She stayed above the sight of the general population by crawling along the building walls. The shadow's quick movements surprised her; what had gotten its attention like that?

The trail seemed to lead to the outskirts of town. Jay vaguely recalled a building of sorts -- was it a large warehouse? She wasn't sure -- and wondered if that weren't where the shadow was headed.

((Ok, so what's been happening? Every time I try to post, I get sidetracked until it's too late in the night.))