Walker

Die Anew

As the wind ruffled the spirit Grimrr lashed out, shredding the spirit's garb, and hopefully inflicting damage. He circled the spirit slashing again and again, waiting to hear a sign of pain from the being. Those guards are fools, they do not do anything. he thought. Grimrr continue to circle and slash with his mighty legs for a few more moments. He assumed he had not done anything to the spirit so he would not underestimate it. He leaped in the air and his claws whistled through the air, aiming for it's sad face.

Not liking what was happening, Scarlet looked up to the sun to try to blind herself. The Eldunari's wing blocked it. While closing her eyes she embraced herself. After hearing some... Rather 'disturbing' sounds she started plugging her ears.

Nyx was starting to wake up again. She felt very groggy and whimpered as she tried to get up. Where she felt her head get hit was throbbing, pulsing in pain. Grimrr... she said softly in her head. Then she remembered a faint trace of Grimrr shouting something at her. a dangerous spirit...? I've...gotta help...him she told herself. she tried to get up but fell back down. She whimpered and tried to get back up again. A little to quickly. Her eyes flashed and she got woozy. Slow down she told herself as her vision cleared. Then she remembered Grimrr being in trouble and her brow furrowed. She growled deep in her throat. She looked around and saw Grimrr scratching a... what IS that? she thought, bewildered. She limped over to aid Grimrr.

Edited by Xarria

Lifaen roared in agony as the elder sank his teeth in deeper to her leg just before releasing. Blood began to gush from the wound, but she didn't have time to consider. In the middle of a fight, she couldn't let herself get distracted by things like pain. When he released his grip, she immediately began thrashing her body until she was able to slip out from under his large grasp.

The elder roared a call for the other elders, shaking the cave around him and causing an avalanche of stones to fall down. Blood dripped down the back of his neck and his vision span, but over the years he'd suffered just as bad injuries. A dragon of his years and experience wouldn't be bested by two youngesters. Flaring his wings, he jerked his head back and forth in an attempt to break the younglings grip on the base of the skull. He also reared up on his back legs, hoping to bash her skull into the ceiling of the cavern.

Lifaen suddenly remembered the human and her head thrashed around, trying to locate her. She could easily be crushed in this madness. When she spotted her in the other dragon's claws, her protective instincts suddenly jumped into gear. 'We must go! The elders will overwhelm us and the human-Nightwalker could be crushed in the rush!' she screamed at the other one, already spreading her wings in preparation to take flight.

((I'm not actually sure if spirits feel pain... considering in effect they're already dead and such, and at least in the Waking World they are insubstantial so things tend to pass through them. However Underworld... quite possibly works differently.))

Considering the breeze had disrupted Cethlenn's form sufficiently to require her to use energy to retain/restore form, Grimrr's first attacks had little effect, only ripping her garment more than anything else. Once Cethlenn had got her form back under control it was just intime to see Grimrr's leaping attack. She raised her clawed hands in front of her face in an attempt to shield it.

Nyx growled at the... whatever it was. She thought it was a very crazy spirit. She then howled a long, loud, howl filled with all her emotions: anger, sorrow, pain, frustration, and friendship. The howl was long enough that anything in the area would eventually hear it. When she stopped, it echoed in every direction.

Opening her eyes, Scarlet beamed. One thing good, She thought, Is enough to make anyone's day. She nodded her head like a bobble head in agreement while ignoring some rocks and stones falling down still and the elder coming near.

(Oh yah, in about thirty minutes I'm going on a bike ride for a couple of hours)

Edited by FlowerOwl

Eldunari saw Lifaen slip from the elder's grip just before he began to jerk his head back and forth. Calling for the other elders would not have intimidated her had she been alone, but knowing the human could be hurt was unbearable. She wrenched herself from the elder's skull. She beat her wings and was just about to take off when she did something just for good measure. Swooping just in front of the elder's face Eldunari sprayed flames into one eye and kicked at the other, gouging the jelly like tissue. From there she used his face to kick off of and fly out of the cave. As she flew over Lifaen, she said 'Let us be gone.' She continued to fly, not waiting for Lifaen.

She reassured her gentle grip on the human and said to it 'You seem to be a great deal of trouble, miss.' She had let a smile creep into her voice as she spoke, as the situation was one of curiosity to her. She beat her wings quickly, and she moved great lengths for her wings were large compared to her body. Soon she burst into the shelf of clouds, and then back out the other side. It was only here that she hovered and searched for Lifaen's mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grimrr was in the air when the spirit's hands moved up to it's face. He felt a small pang deep within his heart for it looked as scared as his mate had just before... no now was not the time for pity. With a bit of renewed vigor he slashed at the spirit's face with all the might he could manage. Quickly, his paws found ground and he leaped to Nyx. The guards looked flustered and confused, but she looked ready to fight. Adding a roar to her howl he said to her 'Well Nyx, let us see how well you fight against beasts of the underworld.' He began to circle the spirit hoping Nyx would follow suit and waited for her to make a move.

Nyx chuckled. She circled in the other direction. She was limping, but only slightly. She was growling, but not attacking yet. She watched the girl, but also watched Grimrr. She did not want to miss something.

That sent a small spark shiver on her back. And she just barely almost threw up after Eldunari's 'eye' attack. Just thinking about it made her hair curl, but then again, her hair already curled about four times today.

(Bye!)

Edited by FlowerOwl

The elder roared in agony when the youngster attacked his face. In his anger, he snapped out wildly, trying to get his jaws on anything he possibly could. Mostly his jaws only sank into air, but finally his teeth found something. There was a sickening crunch just before the sounds of approaching elders from the cavern overwhelmed everything else.

Lifaen roared in agony again but tried to focus on the moment. if she stayed, she'd pay for her impudence. Despite the fact the elder had her in his jaws, she beat her wings and took to the air, trying to ignore the pain as the tip of her tail was wrenched off. She streaked through the air in the direction that Eldunari fled. 'Let us get far from here! she called. To where she wasn't sure, but she knew that they couldn't stay.

As Eldunari hovered, searching with her mind she heard Lifaen yell to her. As soon as she could feel Lifaen under her she dropped out of the clouds with a gush of air. She flew side by side with Lifaen for a while before saying 'I need to descend so I can move the human to my back, I cannot fly like this any longer.' She looked at Lifaen, hoping she would agree, for her forelegs were overwhelmingly sore.

Noticing Lifaen's wing, Scarlet felt a pang of guilt. That wouldn't have happened if they had eaten me when we met, She thought,But then again, I would have been eaten. While trying to ignore Eldunari's small jurks, she looked towards the ground and immediately felt sicker.

Lifaen snorted and slowed her flying a bit, flying around Eldunari once before hovering. She didn't want to stop flying, wanted to get much farther away, but she knew the logic in her statement. After all, she'd carried the human on her back to the summit and knew how heavy she had been. Having her in her claws couldn't make it any easier. She'd offer to fly her herself, but with the pain of her wounds she doubted that was a good idea.

'I will remain on watch in the air. Land and get her on your back quickly,' she said, head already turning this way and that, searching for signs of pursuit.

Cethlenn lowered her hands from her face, and tilted her head first one way and then the other. She seemed to have difficulty focussing on either Grimrr or Nyx. The reason for this was obvious, Cethlenn's reactions were a little too slow to ward off Grimrr's last attack, one of her eyes was closed and appeared to be weeping from claw marks across it.

Nyx flinched as she saw the wound. It gave her the shivers. But then she remembered that it could hurt Grimrr and that was all the tempting she needed. She growled deep and loud. She looked over the girl and looked for the weakest area and then saw her feet. Nyx bolted in quickly, nipped at the girl's feet, then bolted back to circling it.

Eldunari was grateful that she could land and shift the human to her back. 'Thank you Lifaen, and my apologies about your, injury.' She searched for an overhang, and spotted one as she drifted from the clouds. She quickly pulled into a tight dive, knowing it would be dangerous to tarry to much, as the elders were probably in pursuit of them. She reared in the air so she would not hurt the human. She dropped Scarlet onto her feet and without allowing to get on by herself Eldunari took the back of her shirt in her jaws and twisted her head to her back so she could gently toss the human on. She barely said 'Hold on.' to the human before she crouched and jumped off the overhang. In an instant she rose above the overhang again and quickly ascended to Lifaen. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the brown dragon and a bit further in the distance she saw a flash of blue in the clouds, and then a flash of brown. She sped up her pace and was flying directly beside Lifaen when she said 'I think we may have company.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grimrr watched as Nyx nipped at the spirit's feet and then continued to circle. While she had been attacking Grimrr had been pondering ways to defeat the spirit. He had not had many battles with spirits and one of the times he did his race was extinguished. He kept circling and looking at the damage he had already done. It annoyed him that the guards just stood there, bewildered. This was their city not Grimrr's or Nyx's why should they do all the work? Just as he looked at them more guards ran out of the city, spears aimed at Grimrr. I guess they discovered my handiwork by the bridge he thought. Now he had to ward off attacks from these fools who could not realize the greater threat and try to defeat the spirit. As the guards neared Grimrr decided to make a move. He leaped from the ground and pounced onto a guard, crushing his ribs before he even hit the ground. Using the toppling body as leverage he dug in his back claws and sprang from that guards chest to the spirit's, knocking it down as he clawed it with his front claws. From there he landed and began to circle the whole group, instead of just the spirit. These beings had awoken an ancient instinct he had not felt in a long time, an instinct to kill, and an instinct to protect.

Nyx circled opposite of Grimrr. She went in and nipped the guards' feet repeatedly until they were falling over themselves. Nyx chuckled a dog-like chuckle as she saw her handiwork. She then refocused on the spirit, now looking a little mauled by Grimrr's paws. Grimrr was acting strange.

The guards falling over themselves made quite a comical sight, one which appealed to Cethlenn's warped humour. Even though Grimrr and Nyx were more of a threat to her at the moment, Cethlenn decided to have some more fun with the guards.

Speaking in her ancient tongue, Cethlenn gestured towards the guards. A brief flash of magic swept over them, leaving behind an odd sight.... some of the guards had aged forwards and others backwards. Of course this left Cethlenn drained of energy even though she did manage to chuckle at them.

(Don't worry the effects only temporary xd.png)

Nyx burst out in wolfy laughs as she saw what the lady did to the guards, even though she knew it was cruel. Reaching out with her mind, she went into the lady's head. Nice!! That's HILARIOUS!!! How'd you do it? she asked in a cheery tone.

((Ahem, I will just play around with this situation.. I always see flowerowl on other roleplays or on the members list.. why doesnt she like us !! D': ))

Grimrr watched as the spirit cast a whisp of magic at the guards. They were so idiotic, they had no clue about the threat they were facing. Grimrr chuckled at the spirit's humour as he watched some of the guards, now babies, wiggle about on the ground. He obviously could not harm elders and young ones so he sped around to Nyx, hoping he did not startle her too much as she was concentrating hard on the spirit. Quickly casting his thoughts to hers he said 'We should make one more attack and then pretend as though we were frightened and run away. Then I could quickly carry you around to her back and we could launch a surprise attack while we wait and see if these guards will become themselves once again.' He continued to pace beside Nyx, waiting for her to answer him, he hoped she would be quick for he did not know how long the magic would last.

((Not the portal attack muhaha just some sneaky shiz.))

Slightly startled by a rational voice in her head, Cethlenn took a while to form a reply: The ageing? It has always been a part of my being. Of course it takes more out of me than it used to at this point any thoughts that were read wouldn't make any sense. Of course, there was still an evident undercurrent of laughter in them.

(Oh, sorry guys! I didn't see your posts until now! :/)

A bit jumpy still, but that was fine for Scarlet. After being... 'put' down, FlowerOwl had hidden herself in a bush. It wasn't any old bush to her though, it had no thorns and the leaves were smooth. Dark too, and not many gaps. She actually felt a bit relaxed. She also made a mental note in her mind to come back here when she has the time. Ignoring all else, she continued to lay there.

((FlowerOwl, you aren't on the ground ! you are on my back and the elders are pursuing us, silly))

Nyx's ears pricked forward. Hmm, maybe we should... she said calmly to Grimrr. She then responded to the lady. Understandable. Just like my ability to, in a way, travel through the shadows. she said to the lady.

Grimrr's conscience pricked up, he could feel Nyx communicating with.. the spirit! He grappled Nyx with his forelegs and pinned her down. He stared at her through serious, narrowed eyes and scolded her, 'Are you enough of a fool to talk to a spirit! Especially with your mind. Her mind is powerful and she is not sane, she could easily overtake your mind and make you do her bidding!' He withdrew his mind completely from Nyx's as to not let any of the ghoul's unstable conscience flow into his own, as well as to hide his thoughts from Nyx. He pushed off of Nyx and flattened his ears t his skull before yowling in her face. He was so angered by her incompetence. Being a fool could cause an unnecessary death. In his rage he stood to face five guards who had just arrived and were not effected by the ghoul's magic. He shook his head in rage and leapt at one of them. He tore off his head with his jaws and then swiped the legs out from under an advancing guard. When he dropped to the ground Grimrr pounced on his chest, breaking his ribs and puncturing his heart and lungs, leaving him to a slow, agonizing death. The other three had gathered around him and their spears were lowered. He bit into the spear of a guard and tore it from his trembling grip. He whipped around and used his neck muscles to force the end of the shaft into another guard's face, who crumpled instantly. He soared through the air onto the guard without a weapon and tore at his face and neck with his front talons. When he turned on the final guard it had drawn it's sword and as Grimrr circled it, it managed to gouge his flank a few times with his spaer, which only angered Grimrr more. He let out a bellowing roar and without hesitation, jumped over the man's raised sword and doubled back in the air, tearing his arm off. He then grabbed the guard by the neck and flung him onto a rock. With a sickening crack of impact the guard went limp. He then turned to the spirit and Nyx again, rage seeping from his soul and fire in his eyes.

((Well, that turned out to be longer than I expected.))

Edited by Shur'turgal