user posted image

Integrate and survive with the horde.

user posted image

user posted image

[sketched by me, infringement not intended.]

user posted image

[Coloured-in version]

user posted image

You wake up in a cool, spacious cave, unsure of what aroused you, seeing as the warm night air breezed softly past you. With this breeze comes the stench of rotting meat and decaying corpses; however, somehow it doesn't bother you. You try hard to remember who you are. There was the sunlight streaming in throughout the trees, some foul odor creeping into your nostrils, and... blank. You attempt to force the emptiness away, but it just gives you a headache.

A larger dragon, clearly a zombie from the looks of it, lumbers in, followed by a few more zombies. Between them is a terrified little White hatchling, shaking from head to toe, being forcibly herded into the cave. Several resting zombies perk up at the scent of fresh meat and descend on the helpless hatchling. The White's cry for help is suddenly cut off as one of the zombies tear into its throat. The sounds of wet blood, grunts and snaps echoes in the cave.

You think you feel disgusted, or perhaps sympathy, but you do not. Instead, you inhale the scent of fresh spilt blood and find your stomach grumbling, as if it were hungry. You look down, and suddenly wish you had not.

By now, you have figured out you are a zombie. How are you going to survive with the group, and where to hunt for food? Is there a way to not be a zombie, or are you doomed to this life?

user posted image

user posted image You are much clumsier and slower compared to an average dragon.

user posted image Your brain cannot process much and gets distracted easily. You cannot think of smart ways to get your food. Brute force is the only solution.

user posted image Your body tends to ache and slowly grow stiff without food, and eventually you will die.

user posted image Only the most ravenous zombie will grab for rotten food; zombies always go for the fresh kills.

user posted image Your stomach starts to gurgle when your body is hungry.

user posted image You cannot speak more than 4 consecutive words at one go. You will also have a hard time trying to speak to others. [e.g. "Food... village in North..."]

user posted image When hunting, the scent of fresh meat will spur you into a bloodthirsty frenzy, and you feel significantly increased stronger and faster. However, you are not indestructible during that period.

user posted image Your pain sensors are dulled. You might get shot in the leg, and not feel it, other than suddenly stumbling awkwardly. As long as your bones are not broken, you can twist it back in place in the case of dislocation of joints.

user posted image You heal rather quickly, but most of your injuries tend to just stay that way. If someone bashed your head in, you will look like a horribly disfigured zombie for the rest of your existence.

user posted image Your decaying body is suspended by unknown magic, and though it does not degenerate any longer, it still has an aura of death. [Translation: You stink. And it's not the kind that will go away with a bath.]

user posted image You can go out in the sun, contrary to the popular beliefs, but your body will overheat and start to catch fire if you are out too long.

user posted image You think you can fly, but really, you can't. The best you can do is a really awkward glide.

user posted image You cannot breathe fire. What you can breathe would only send an adult dragon into instant coma. [That's right; bad breath.]

user posted image

-This is rather different from other RPs, so read the rules really carefully.

user posted image Keep the rating PG 13. Romance is allowed, but I think it's highly unlikely it'll happen here.

user posted image A minimum of at least 5 sentences please.

user posted image No swearing/vulgarities/profanities here. If you want to express it out, use the censorkip.gif button.

user posted image No Powerplaying, Godmoding, Chat Speak, Leet, etc.

user posted image Keep flaws in your characters, and make them realistic.

user posted image Please use proper spelling and decent grammar outside of conversations.

user posted image Character sheets should be PMed to me OoC thread[link] to be approved.

user posted image Everyone's a zombie. Deal with it, which means your poor zombie will be speech impaired. Also, this is probably the only RP that will encourage broken English, as long as whatever is being said is at least understandable.

user posted image Killings are allowed. You can have only 2 zombies, but if one gets killed, you get to make another. This does not allow anyone to powerplay or godmod.

user posted imageAll postings are to be done in first person point of view (1st POV), present tense.

user posted image *Indicate and bold your zombie name at the start of every post so we know who you are.

user posted image The obstacle will change every 2 weeks, on a Sunday (GMT+8). It is up to you to figure out what to do to survive.

user posted image I reserve all rights to alter the rules and the RP.

user posted imageuser posted image

So... You want to be a zombie huh? You will need:

user posted image An introductory paragraph and some questions pertaining to your beloved zombie, containing a minimum of 150 words.

--- The horde is rather picky though, but luckily for you, you did find a small piece of parchment that states all of the horde's criteria.

user posted image Indicate your zombie name at the start of the post (bold it please). You name should be a single syllable word, or letter if you prefer.

user posted image Some description of how you look like

user posted image What you like to do

user posted image Any feelings you feel, however brief (this should not be happening!)

user posted image Whatever 'abnormalities' you found that you have (Translation: A slight power, physical or mental, that came with you to your undead life as a zombie)

user posted image A brief flashback/memory of what dragon you were before

--- Compiling all these together, you get:

[b]<single syllable name>[/b]
Stage: <hatchling/matured hatchling/adult>
Previous breed: <Magi/White/Guardian/Stone/Gold/Hellfire/Pygmy/Mint/and so on...>
Favourite food: <brains/hatchling thigh/chicken meat/pretty looking flowers>
Paragraph:
[i]contains...
<Description of your zombie's appearance>
<A little bit of personality>
<Any bloody, gory thing you wan to add>[/i] 

In the end, your submission should look something like this:

Kal

Stage: Adult

Previous breed: Ridgewing [Tan]

Favourite food: Rare and occasional Frilled dragon meat

Paragraph:

A single autumn leaf flutters to the ground. A rather young zombie hatchling notices its movement, and pounces on it, its tail waving excitedly in the air. I growl softly in encouragement, and swipe my tail through a pile of leaves. The hatchling lets out a squeaky 'rawr!' and chases after the falling leaves. I lie down and stare at my tail for a moment, its beautiful colours all turned dull, caked with mud and dirt. For a moment I mourn for my elusive beauty, and spread my wings, observing the tears on the membrane, a peek of my wing bone poking out of the dried skin. The light violet colours were replaced with the beige that decorated my body, only darker. I scowl at myself and lash out at a random zombie. He snarls at me and gives me a warning swipe, which I dodge. I stalk out of the cave, wanting to be alone.

user posted image

* Your post should have this format:

[b]Name of character[/b]

... Whatever you are posting ...

Edited by sharlykng

Ok I'll jus do it for the sake of It so I don't have to use te computer.

Name:Galaxy

Faviorite food:Any kind of flowers

Dragon: Nebula dragon

Paragraph

A hatchling just got out of it's ugly-looking egg. It looks around. It sees it shell.(What an ugly shell! Something bad mustve come out of it.) the hatchling though not knowing it was her. She went to a river to drink, and saw her reflection. Instead of bright, shining colors she had a dull nebula color and there wasn't any stars.(I came out of that egg?) she thought and started to cry. Her broken toy wings look horrible, and half of her skull was showing. She didn't want to see herself ever again. Never. She walked into a cave,leaves covering the skull part of her face and saw other dragons like her. There were the same ugly eggs. But dragons hasn't always been this way.( what turned me to be like this?) the hatchling thought. nonetheless se found a dead flower. She licked her lips and ate it. Well she might as well eat something, and started chomping down more.

(I tried remembering the forum sorry if I got something wrong, I'm on an itouh sad.gif

Okay, the only problem (and probably others) is that your paragraph is supposed to be in first person point of view and in present tense.

It's great you're 9 (I wouldn't know, would I? If I did then something's really wrong) and playing with RPs; it'll improve your language. And yes, I know what I'm talking about dry.gif I'll critique your form, since you don't understand. (just say so if you don't, I'll give examples to make you understand.)

Look at the red ones. Beside them will be a notation that I will explain below the form.

Name:Galaxy[1]

Faviorite food:Any kind of flowers

Dragon: Nebula dragon

Paragraph

A hatchling just got out of it's ugly-looking egg.[2] It[3] looks around. It[3] sees it[4] shell.(What an ugly shell! Something bad mustve come out of it.)[5] the hatchling[6] though[7] not knowing it was her.[8] She[9] went to a river to drink,[10] and saw[11] her[12] reflection. Instead of bright, shining colors she[9] had[13] a dull nebula color and there wasn't any stars.(I came out of that egg?)[5] she[9] thought[14] and started[15] to cry. Her[12] broken toy[16] wings look horrible, and half of her[12] skull was[17] showing. She[9] didn't want to see herself ever again.[18] Never. She walked into a cave,leaves covering the skull part of her face and saw other dragons like her.[19] There were the same ugly eggs.[20] But dragons hasn't always been this way.[21]( what turned me to be like this?)[5] the hatchling[6] thought[14]. nonetheless[22] se[23] found[24] a dead flower. She[9] licked[25] her[12] lips and ate[26] it. Well she[9] might as well eat something, and started[27] chomping down more.

[1] Name must be a single syllable word. (e.g. 'R', 'Mal', 'Pam', etc)

[2] The whole sentence is wrong. How would it know its egg is ugly, when it is still inside the egg? It should be 'I manage to get out of my egg.'

[3] 'It' should be 'I'.

[4] 'it' should be 'my'.

[5] This is the character's thought, yes? If so, it should be italized, not in brackets. [i[italic[/i] for thoughts is universal for almost all books/stories/RPs... To put the italic, use the code:

[i]Italic thinking![/i]

And it'll come out like this:

Italic thinking!

[6] 'the hatchling' should be 'I'.

[7] 'though' should be 'think'.

[8] 'it was her' should be 'it is her'.

[9] 'She' should be 'I'.

[10] How does your character know where she is? And taking in being recently hatched, she should not be able to move much without tiring easily. Nevertheless, 'went to a river to drink' should be 'go towards a river to drink'.

[11] 'saw should be 'see'.

[12] 'her' should be 'my'.

[13] 'had' should be 'have'.

[14] 'thought' should be 'thinks'.

[15] 'started' should be 'starts'.

[16] 'toy'? What does this mean?

[17] 'was' should be 'is'.

[18] How does she know she looks ugly? Keep in mind that she just hatched, knowing nothing about this world. 'didn't want to see herself ever again' should be 'don't want to see myself ever again'.

[19] 'She walked into a cave,leaves covering the skull part of her face and saw other dragons like her' should be 'I walk into a cave, leaves covering the skull part of my face, and see other dragons like me'.

[20] 'There were the same ugly eggs' should be 'There are similar looking eggs inside as well'.

[21] Again, with point [18], how would she know the world is not supposed to be like this? 'But dragons hasn't always been this way'

[22] 'found' should be 'finds'.

[23] 'licked' should be 'licks'.

[24] 'ate' should be 'eats'.

[25] 'started' should be 'starts'.

Also, there is an example sheet up on the OP. I'll copy it here for you to see.

Kal

Stage: Adult

Previous breed: Ridgewing [Tan]

Favourite food: Rare and occasional Frilled dragon meat

Paragraph:

A single autumn leaf flutters to the ground. A rather young zombie hatchling notices its movement, and pounces on it, its tail waving excitedly in the air. I growl softly in encouragement, and swipe my tail through a pile of leaves. The hatchling lets out a squeaky 'rawr!' and chases after the falling leaves. I lie down and stare at my tail for a moment, its beautiful colours all turned dull, caked with mud and dirt. For a moment I mourn for my elusive beauty, and spread my wings, observing the tears on the membrane, a peek of my wing bone poking out of the dried skin. The light violet colours were replaced with the beige that decorated my body, only darker. I scowl at myself and lash out at a random zombie. He snarls at me and gives me a warning swipe, which I dodge. I stalk out of the cave, wanting to be alone.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a nagging mom, but really, I can't help myself from pointing out mistakes. :X If you still don't understand what I'm trying to say with the giant wall of text above, feel free to ask me to help you draft out a paragraph :3

Oh my gawd that's toomuch stuff to fix Dx me too lazy to go with typing. I'm too lazy to italize it. So yeah I'll be italicizing in the rp. U was just being lazy. And I dot see how She should be a T sleep.gif

Also don't know any other names. If u want a normal name u could've told me >__< well all that stuff is really confusing and mesh not gonna do it. Ur like a teacher >>___<<

First of all, no double-posting; there is a reason for the 'Edit' button. This is DC Forum rules, and you might be given a warn for it.

'She' should be 'I', because it's in the RP rules.

All postings are to be done in first person point of view (1st POV), present tense.

No, I'm not a teacher >~<" I was just trying to explain to you what I mean. You're making me quite exasperated, you know? Do you want me to write out the paragraoh for you? ;P

No I don't want you going through all the trouble. I am kinda a newbie so I didn't know. But should I change the name if it's a big deal?

I'd prefer if you did. Zombies are rather vicious and they aren't that intelligent to give a nice name to themselves.

Naow I want her to be a female dark mist Pygmy named Misty or Ash. I'll redo the forum with Misty in it as the hatchling. In moshi monster forums, we didn't reply mug like the Hatchie or dragon we just used there names :3 but then again, I am a newbie. And I'm bad trying to get dragons. So yeah I'll redo the forum

Edited by girlfairy76

Name-Mist

Gender-Female

Previous Breed- Misfit Pygmy

FAviorte Food- Any flower

Paragraph-

MIST

I see a hole in my eggshell. It is really bright. Nevertheless, I bite that piece of the egg and tear it off.Its really bright! I think, and tumble down a slope into a flower patch. So.... what a pretty scent I think. i suddenly take a bite of it. It was really yummy! And then a leaf pushed me and i rolled down to a river. I take a sip.So.........Clear... I think and drink more.I squint my eyes at the sun. My eyes start to burn from the heat, so I look away.I squint at my reflection in the water.this......is me?? No it cant be! I think, and turn away

Did it. If there's anything else tell me

Edited by girlfairy76

The first few sentences were great, but then suddenly you change the tense again. Also, thought = think!

Name-Mist

Gender-Female

Previous Breed- Misfit Pygmy

Favorite Food- Any flower

Paragraph-

MIST

I see a hole in my egg. It is really bright. Nevertheless, I bite that piece of the egg [shell would be a better word] and tear it off. Its really bright! I think, and tumble down a slope into a flower patch. So.... what a pretty scent I think. I suddenly take a bite of it. It is really yummy. [Puctuation error; an exclamation mark (!) would be more appropriate] And then a leaf pushes me and I roll down to a river. I take a sip. So.........Clear... I think and drink more. I squint my eyes at the sun. It burned ['My eyes start to burn from the heat' would sound nicer], so I look away. I squint at my reflection in the water.this......is me?? No it cant [add a 'be!' here]. I think, and turn away

It's looking better and better! smile.gif I'll bold some words that you've missed out.

It's alright to leave the posts here biggrin.gif OoC thread afterall... Nobody else wants to join?

They didn't reply sad.gif Have you modified your form?

Yup here

Name-Mist

Gender-Female

Previous Breed- Dark Mist Pygmy

FAviorte Food- Any flower, Rabbit Meat

Paragraph-

MIST

I see a hole in my eggshell. It is really bright. Nevertheless, I bite that piece of the egg and tear it off.Its really bright! I think, and tumble down a slope into a flower patch. So.... what a pretty scent I think. i suddenly take a bite of it. It was really yummy! And then a leaf pushed me and i rolled down to a river. I take a sip.So.........Clear... I think and drink more.I squint my eyes at the sun. My eyes start to burn from the heat, so I look away.I squint at my reflection in the water.this......is me?? No it cant be! I think, and turn away

Did it. If there's anything else tell me

Edited by girlfairy76

Uhm... it looks exactly the same... Or are you modifying it now?