XLaurentX

Pokemon creating contest

Blame YouTube for this.

Okay, so this is a competition with a bunch of rounds and challenges. People will be eliminated each round. You don't need to be the best drawer seeing as we'll have three sections for people to enter; Traditional (drawing on paper) Spriting and Digital (a mixture of Traditional and Spirting, usually done with tablets.)

Each section will only have the winner and two runner ups. The runner ups can go through my scroll and get any dragon (if my dragons want to breed them) egg they want but only one. The winners can get up to three eggs and if it's an egg that can't be bred now I will breed it as soon as it's possible. All the other contestants will get a participation prize, but they may not choose what they want. This is not a next hosting competition, unless I am unable to host the next one I will choose one of the winners to host, but as soon as I can host again and the competition is done I will host again.

The competition works like this"

Each section will get a theme (EX. Create a new fire type pokemon that looks like a bird or create a new evolution for after Raichu) so make sure you look at the right section theme or else you're in trouble.

I will give a week maximum for every contestant to enter their picture, but if you can't make the deadline PM me and I will postpone the section.

There will be three judges; two excluding me.

The pictures will be judged on:

-Creativity

-Originality

-Sticking to the theme

-Looking like a pokemon (not a realistic animal)

-Overall appeal

Post the submissions here so we can judge them.

Rules:

You can make a lot of pictures but you can only submit one.

If you feel that the judges are unfair then PM and I'll look into it.

No stealing another's idea. If someone posts their submission and a submission is posted after it and it resembles one you will be penalized.

And most of the rules were explained above.

Be nice to each other.

Judges:

-XLaurentX

-

-

PM me if you want to be a judge! But you must be active!

Entry Form:

I want to join!

Username:

Section:

Activity: (Very active, somewhat ect.)

Edited by XLaurentX

Contestants:

Round one:

Traditional:

-Neutal Demon

-Jackal

-Potterwolf

-MangaFreak

-Skypool

-Mudkipzz

Sprite:

-Backup77

-RyuKaiser

Digital:

-Little Lost Dragon

-Stealthupugs

-Carnivorous M

-Jackal

Edited by XLaurentX

Even though I know I got a 99% chance of failer.....

Username: Littlelostdragon

Section: Digital

Activity: active. I can have my dead points.

Don't worry, LLD, I've got a fairly high chance of failure as well. happy.gif

Username: Stealthypugs

Activity: Pretty Active

Failers unite!

((sorry I just had to. I entered for the fun of it. victory is way past me lol))

Ooh, this sounds like fun! 8D

What's the theme? -can't wait to get started-

Username: Carnivorous M.

Activity: Sporadically-active; will probably check in once every couple of days, and be working on the Pokemon pic the rest of the time. I may or may not get it done before the contest takes place, though... ^^'

Yush! We are the Three Failketeers, and we will be awesome! biggrin.gif

Even though I am quite new, I would love to join.

Username: Mudkipzz

Section: Traditional

Activity: I am new here, but I joined yesterday and I go on forums as much as possible. I also hate to misjudge, but everyone seems pretty nice. I will check every few hours, not counting 1:00 AM to 5:00 PM...

--

I laughed at "The Three Failketeers". xd.png

Edited by Mudkipzz

I haven't done anything like this before, but I guess I'll give it a shot :3

Username: Neutual Demon

Section: Traditional (I haven't quite had enough practice with my tablet yet...)

Activity: Typically active, depending on the amount of essays/labs/other school stuff I get stuck with.

I may try out some digital for kicks and giggles if anyone wants me to...

Aw heck, might as well give this a try. Can I sign up for two sections?

Username: Jackal

Section: Traditional/Digital

Activity: Active

Maybe the first contest could start for the digatle group? May attract more if they know how it looks when running.

Never mind, I will join. It doesn't seem like there's very many people joining in the spriting area, so I might actually win something. xd.png

Username: Backup77

Section: Spriting

Activity: Extremely

Username: potterwolf

Section: Traditional

Activity: I'm on here all the time.

When would this start though?

Edit: Also, why would there need to be separate sections from drawing/spriting/digital? Couldn't it all be one contest? You could still judge based on the same criteria, there would just be differently formatted entries. I don't see a problem with that. Also, wouldn't it be more fair to have the winner based on an all-forum poll?

Just some thoughts. Feel free to ignore me.

Edited by potterwolf

Potter... you aren't running this contest. Its not a one round competition. It's a multi round one, which means the poll won't work, but seeing as I will get no judges I'll have to resort to that.

People who do digital drawing always tend to win so I wanted it to be fair to others

Okay, so the digital section is about to start round one!

Theme (from now on known as the Pokedex entry): A super sneaky dark/poison type cat that is found in dark forests and caves. They use their sharp claws to scale rocky terrein.

Remeber to name this species!

Edited by XLaurentX

Woo! We have a theme!

And Laurent, instead of one of those polls that are attached to the thread at the top, you can just have a poll where you have people post in the thread their favorite from the three different sections (like the Description of the Month thread does it). That way you've got more opinions than just judges and can do as many rounds and categories as you want.

I know Stealthy, I'm not stupid. I've seen them before and I am going to use the poll, since there arent any judges

Okay, so the digital section is about to start round one!

Theme (from now on known as the Pokedex entry): A super sneaky dark/poison type cat that is found in dark forests and caves. They use their sharp claws to scale rocky terrein.

Remeber to name this species!

A shadow like cat... *starts brain storming for idea's*

And oh boy naming..... that may be interesting.

LOL. Yeah LLD

We need more contestants for the other sections

Edited by XLaurentX

*raises hand* For the traditional, do we have to color it, or can we just do a pencil drawing? I'm pretty confident in drawing, but I'm afraid I'll ruin it if I try coloring it... T-T

...kay. I think having some sort of deadline would be useful so that we're not waiting forever for people to finish, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, I finished my entry.

user posted image

I based this pokemon off of a Pallas's cat, making it look more rugged than most of the dainty cat pokemon I've seen in the series to date (looking at you, Liepard...). However it's thinner and not as clunky-looking as an actual Pallas's cat.

The claws are much larger and more dog-like than a cats' because the pokemon's description mentioned very defined claws.

I did my best to emulate the Pokemon style of art, and I think it turned out okay.