Drakelina

What do you think of Terra Nova?

What do you think of Terra Nova?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I decided to make a poll on Terra Nova. In the comments you can discuss why you love the show, hate it or even what you would do if you could change the show.

Terra Nova is not that bad of a show. I mean, I love dinosaurs and the dinosaurs of Terra Nova are really cool. Though most of them didn't exist. I would like it if they added some more real dinosaurs once in a while. But if I were to rewrite the script, the number one thing I would change would be to make the characters more believable and less cliché. I mean, come on. They need to be more original. Sometimes I could even predict what they would say next. The only characters that interest me are Comander Taylor and Mira of the Sixers. They also recently introduced Taylor's son to the storyline. He seems to be a rather unique character of his own.

Some episodes and scenes are boring but others do have excitment. I never missed an episode because it does have a strange appeal to me.

I did not really like it to start with, but I stayed with it and I like it now and hope they will do a 2nd season.

I think the Shannon kids need a overhaul to make them more human.

I did not really like it to start with, but I stayed with it and I like it now and hope they will do a 2nd season.

Yes I hope they make a second season too. Who knows? Maybe the second season will be better.

And lol I agree with you about the Shannon kids. Okay, maybe with Zoey I might cut her a little slack but not for Josh or Maddy.

I love this. I have missed an episode, but I know what happened in it: I think it was the third. Other than that, I haven't missed one.

Replace "Shannon kids" with "every character" and you've got my feelings on the show.

Though I do like Zoe. And sort of Mira, but that's from the few minutes I saw of her in the first few episodes.

Yes I hope they make a second season too. Who knows? Maybe the second season will be better.

And lol I agree with you about the Shannon kids. Okay, maybe with Zoey I might cut her a little slack but not for Josh or Maddy.

If they make a second season I sure hope it is better then the first or I will be very disappointed.

And I totally agree with you on Josh and Maddy. Even Skye needs some work to her.

Watched three episodes. The premised look interesting, but after two eppies I quickly grew bored and stepped to something else.

Sorry, the three episodes seemed so cliche I just couldn't keep my attention on it. I've seen much better series and thast's made me a bit picky on what I watch.

If they tried to skip the auto conclusive episodes and did something more on the lines of Song of Ice and Fire (yes, I do know they are books), it just could work. But this structure seems to fail completely.

Something happens to them, then they get in a tight spot to finally end up getting saved in the last minute by- "choose your deux ex machina".

Not good for someone with the experience of Spielberg. He should have known better.

If they tried to skip the auto conclusive episodes and did something more on the lines of Song of Ice and Fire (yes, I do know they are books), it just could work. But this structure seems to fail completely.

Something happens to them, then they get in a tight spot to finally end up getting saved in the last minute by- "choose your deux ex machina".

Not good for someone with the experience of Spielberg. He should have known better.

Forgive me, but I never read the Song of Fire and Ice series. What's it about and how do you think it could tie in well with Terra Nova? Also yeah, I was expecting a lot from Spielberg...in fact that was one of the main reason why I started watching it. It had a lot of promise and well....

I love Terra Nova. Watch it every Monday with my mom. The plot was a little hard to follow at first, with the portal and having no idea what was really going on with Taylor and the whole colony, but now that it's been fleshed out a bit more I like it even more. I love the dinosaurs, whether or not they are realistic they are so cool!

It's not the greatest show and it doesn't have the greatest effects but it's entertaining. I love Commander Taylor. The episode where everybody lost their memory and Taylor flashed back to Somalia and invaded and attacked his own camp was just hilarious. Also, him attacking the komodo was the second greatest thing ever.

I think the most 'human' character would actually be Malcolm. I find Zooey more of a Hermione-like character. I like them both but they seem stuck in to give us information we don't know or need explained to us. x3

I love how the dad (whatshisnameguh?) just punches everything. The first episode he'd already punched like half a dozen people. XD

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I love how the dad (whatshisnameguh?) just punches everything. The first episode he'd already punched like half a dozen people.

To answer your question, his name his Jim (James) Shannon.

Edited by Drakelina

No problem. I remember his name so well because I know four people named James and two named Jim hahahahaha ^.^

I enjoy watching the show, Commander Taylor is my favorite character, and while I know it is not the best show, I still find it entertaining enough for my otherwise show-less Mondays (unless there are Big Bang Theory re-runs. Then Terra Nova gets recorded for afterwards).

I watched the first episode and liked it, but haven't watched any since. Seems interesting, though. I'll have to go watch them one at a time to really get a better opinion.

The characters have no depth, no development, two things I highly value. Cheesy is a good way to describe whats-his-face, Maddy's boyfriend. You just know that a teenage kid is going to (politely) tell a 16-year-old girl's father that he wants to marry her. Especially an overprotective father in a futuristic-past-type colony.

But I still like that guy, what's-his-name. You know, the guy from Avatar.

Forgive me, but I never read the Song of Fire and Ice series. What's it about and how do you think it could tie in well with Terra Nova? Also yeah, I was expecting a lot from Spielberg...in fact that was one of the main reason why I started watching it. It had a lot of promise and well....

Song of Fire and Ice is a series of books by George RR Martin. However, they did an amazing TV series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ixEWrTLiZg

Terra Nova, compared, has got nothing to do. Series do not have to be based on books to be a long movie of sorts, but it so happens the best shows tend to be based on books. I believe it is because they ignore the auto conclusive episode structure and go straight to a plot, ignoring one episode subplots.

In my head everything makes a lot of sense, but I think I'm not being very clear... sleep.gif..... long night. Forgive me.

If Commander Taylor turns out to be a bad guy, I will be very annoyed.

Commander Taylor isn't a bad guy. He was thought to be that but I think when he got to Terra Nova he decided instead of just mining the place to take it for what it's worth and make it a new start.

I love this series. Not a thing about it really annoys me besides Josh being a total brat most of the time. My fave characters so far are Commander Taylor, Jim, Washington, and oddly enough Boylan is warming up to me.

One thing I like about Commander Taylor is his last name is my first name. xd.png I have yet to miss a episode and even rewatched them all on Hulu. I love Dinosaurs and it's the first series I've seen since Dinosaurs, Dinotopia, and obviously Jurassic Park. They need more >.>

Loved the 2 hour season ender, lots of twits to it that I did not see coming.

I just hope they will have a season 2 next year.

Missed the last few episodes. I chose to watch Christmas specials instead. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up on reruns or if anyone knows where they are on the internet, I could watch them there.

Thanks smile.gif I do enjoy the show but I enjoy Christmas specials more. So Jan 7 for the first one I messed and I'll just keep an eye out for the others.

edit: Took me a while but I finally realized I could watch one of the missed episodes already on line and only the two hour finale wasn't up for free yet. Thanks Jedi40.

Edited by rubyshoes