EPIC Project

The EPIC Even-gen Project

I guess we just wait till the new Navy dragons grow up and then they'll contact the people from purple they traded with to give them a new 5th gen egg.

Bit by bit the gray area's in the trading by team tab will be cleared out when people have the dragons.

We just have to make sure we move the dragons who are affected out of the way and make sure we don't breed them by accident any more in the project.

Yeah Olympe

i guess the trading with sienna - purple will be on hold as purple traded with navy before so those eggs will have to be replaced when purple gets new eggs from Navy

Darn, what a set back. sad.gif

Is anyone in contact with EternalSpring from team Steel? I contacted them about an egg last week that I would need as a replacing member of team DarkViolet but haven't heard of them yet. unsure.gif

/edit for typos... tongue.gif

Edited by Felischia

*grumbles* First week of the term and now this! >.< it was bad enough for Navy to have to rebred Zaestus into our group when we lost our other original member.... Now everyone in block B has to do rebreeding cause of it. *grumbles*

Wasn't this why everyone was supposed to use eggs we had all the parents on our own scroll? I didn't see the rule had exceptions till I looked today. But it was my impression when we started we couldn't use it if the whole family wasn't on our scroll....

Can we just be called Team Black now? We're the Black sheep that held everything up to get Zae on our team, then cause we had a mess with Purple in 5th gen..... now this....*sigh*

And here I was excited because we flew past all blocking points once Lastalda joined us....

Awake again... (at least I'm not quite as ... upset... as I was last night!)

I'm going to go through the Lineage pages on the spreadsheet now and will delete any dragons with Zae's Navy duplicate CB in them. Hopefully that will make it clearer which dragons will need to be replaced. Please plan on trading with the same teams/people!

SPREADSHEET HAS BEEN PURGED...

Check there first. If the dragon is missing from the Lineage Dragons page, it is out of the project. If it is still there (which many will be because they don't have the problem child in their lineage) KEEP it.

Navy - Gen3 replacement trades DONE - Lilali & Lastalda will need to send new Gen4 trade eggs to Ryoneko & Izabella-89 (Lastalda needs one in return from Izabelle-89)

Purple - Gen5 kept eggs are OK, the Gen5 trade eggs have to be replaced. PLEASE KEEP YOUR GEN6 TRADE EGGS FROM SIENNA - they are OK!

Orchid & Sienna - Gen 6 kept eggs are ok, Gen6 trade eggs have to be replaced -

Goldenrod & Blue - Gen7 kept eggs are ok, Gen7 trade eggs have to be replaced

Moss & Orange - Gen8 kept eggs are ok, Gen8 trade eggs have to be replaced.

Moss - The trade eggs you received from Maroon should be kept... your Gen9 bred eggs will be the ones affected.

Maroon - luckily only Codyne had received a trade egg from Moss. That one will have to be replaced, the rest of us will wait until Moss is ready again.

After you receive a new trade egg, proceed from there with breeding & trading.

It might help if those who have affected dragons rename them - they are not themselves inbred (except for afie's gen10) but can NOT be used for the EPIC project.

- Jane, EPIC Ninja Mod

Edited by EPIC Project

So you basically just answered my lasted message to project managers. Navy can keep any egg we received from our trade partners. We just have to rebreed the new line in with our old trades received eggs to get back up. Okay... now hopefully Iza will get on soon so she can get her pair working on an egg for Lastalda. I'll just have to wait and twiddle my thumbs for (hopefully only) a week.

I've sent out PMs to all of Team Orange, but I think at this point only Verilidaine had received an egg from Navy, so we should be in good shape. It will be awhile, I'm sure, before Navy can catch up to us again, but we can be patient.

*doubles up on Captains' Hats*

So...if I'm reading everything correctly:

Team Magenta is fine and doesn't need to do anything except wait for a trading partner for 9th gens.

Team Orchid has been taken back to 6th gen.

-- We're fine with our self-bred 6th gens, but

-- we'll need to trade 6th gen eggs again with Team Navy.

Once that is done,

-- we'll need to rebreed our kept 7th gens, but

-- we will NOT need to receive a new 7th gen from Team Goldenrod! *Yay*

-- We WILL need to send our Goldenrod partners a new 7th gen egg

If I've made a mistake in my assumptions, please let me know. Once I've got confirmation that *I* understand what's necessary, I'll send a PM to my team.

Thanks for figuring this all our, EPIC TEAM LEADERS!!

*doubles up on Captains' Hats*

So...if I'm reading everything correctly:

Team Magenta is fine and doesn't need to do anything except wait for a trading partner for 9th gens.

Team Orchid has been taken back to 6th gen.  

-- We're fine with our self-bred 6th gens, but

-- we'll need to trade 6th gen eggs again with Team Navy.

Once that is done,

-- we'll need to rebreed our kept 7th gens, but

-- we will NOT need to receive a new 7th gen from Team Goldenrod! *Yay*

-- We WILL need to send our Goldenrod partners a new 7th gen egg

If I've made a mistake in my assumptions, please let me know. Once I've got confirmation that *I* understand what's necessary, I'll send a PM to my team.

Thanks for figuring this all our, EPIC TEAM LEADERS!!

Yes, Team Magenta is waiting.

Team Orchid will need to receive NEW Gen6 trade eggs FROM Team Navy, but will not need to send new ones TO them.

You are correct on Gen7.

I have removed all (hopefully) affected dragons from the spreadsheet, so it's easier to see what needs to be re-bred and what does not.

Edited by JaneMcAsh

Thanks for the clarification, Jane. *scurries off to email team*

Wow...and here I though we had gotten past all the road bumps.

This will take a few months to fix...not nice.

Edited by warriorjames

Pm'd Goldenrod members

as far is a remember (before the dragons were taken out of the spreadsheet) only catstaff and i received an egg from orchid. So i renamed my own dragons and asked catstaff to do so too. So there isn't a misbreeding with the old Navy line.

Purplehaze and Germelia were still waiting for their egg so no problem there.

For Purple, we all got pm from Sunfeathers with the update.

Also renamed my dragons there. To bad they have to be replaced, i was so happy with the stripe there. But there is still a possibiliy the new egg will be stripe too as they are breeding nicely these days smile.gif

Now i'll wait till i hear from Iza, my trading partner in Navy, when she has a 5th gen egg for herself and a trade 5th gen for me with the new Navy line in it.

Inbreeding?? Oh no!! I'll check in on my team and see if I need to pm anyone about this!!

Since I have forgotten which teams Lime has traded with, Jane could you please let me know which teams via PM?? SO I can check for anything?

Edited by EragonSaphiraRider

Just to make sure that i've understood everything right.

Team Moss up to 8th gen are ok, but we'll will need a new 8th gen trade egg (and so we're waiting to be assigned a new team to receive eggs from?)

And we're getting rid of our selfbred 9th gen (renaming or similar- it's not to be used in this lineage)

and keeping the 9th gen we received from Maroon?

Team Navy is on the move.. once again, lol

And it's a lovely Stripe!!

New Egg Form

Dragon Breeder: Izabelle-89

Team of Breeder: Navy

Generation of Egg: 4th

Lineage URL of Egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/mR1pZ

Transferring or Keeping: Transferring to Lastalda

Inbreeding?? Oh no!! I'll check in on my team and see if I need to pm anyone about this!!

Since I have forgotten which teams Lime has traded with, Jane could you please let me know which teams via PM?? SO I can check for anything?

Team Lime is OK! You have not traded with any of the teams in the other half of Group B, which is where the problem CB duplicate is.

Everyone... the problem comes with this Navy Gen3. The CB Skywing Sora-sui no Iro is in the Magenta lineage also. The Magenta line is FINE and will remain. It was easier and less damaging to remove the Navy line. Navy has now started again with a new Gen3 line and the team members are determined to make rapid progress!

Replacement Egg Form

Dragon Breeder: Jane McAsh (for Eowyn)

Team of Breeder: Indigo

Generation of Egg: 7th

Lineage URL of Egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/DaLNv

Name of the dragon to-be-replaced (according to spreadsheet): Epic Mist

Intended for: Naughtrish

Naming Form

Dragon Owner: Naughtrish

Team: Indigo

Name of Dragon: Epic Fog

Generation of Dragon: 7th

Lineage URL of Dragon: http://dragcave.net/lineage/DaLNv

New Egg Form

Dragon Breeder: Naughtrish

Team of Breeder: Indigo

Generation of Egg: 8th

Lineage URL of Egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/uQljb

Transferring or Keeping: Keeping

I think that's it for now biggrin.gif

You know, our dragons have changed so much since we started this project. There are many new breeds, and for me at least, my defining lineage/breed has changed. I suppose you guys would kill me if I asked to change my starters while we're waiting for Team Navy, wouldn't you?

This now represents me much better in the game than this.

I don't want to cause a problem. I just keep looking at my Epic dragons and thinking that my Shadow Walkers have become my defining breed, as the spriter, and wishing I could sneak them in somehow.

Fiona BlueFire,

I understand your feelings for the Shadow Walker lineage you show. But....

this was started "back when" and not "in the now". Agony enough for those

unwittingly caught in the inbred situation, I would suggest not creating

more inconveniences at this stage of this game. Perhaps a new lineage

opportunity will present itself soon...

Yep! Team Red is the next up in Group A (dates are listed on the Trading By Team page in the spreadsheet) ... so cheer on Blue, Navy & Orange laugh.gif .

Squee for Team Red.

Sadness for Team Navy.

Chocolate for Jane and the Mods!

Yes, totally understand. Like I said, I don't want to cause a problem. Just a bit wistful.

Maybe another opportunity for an awesome project will come up in the "now" once this one from "then" is done. That would be great.

You know, our dragons have changed so much since we started this project. There are many new breeds, and for me at least, my defining lineage/breed has changed. I suppose you guys would kill me if I asked to change my starters while we're waiting for Team Navy, wouldn't you?

This now represents me much better in the game than this.

I don't want to cause a problem. I just keep looking at my Epic dragons and thinking that my Shadow Walkers have become my defining breed, as the spriter, and wishing I could sneak them in somehow.

So here is what you do to accomplish this. These new 3rd gens are not EPIC. But you have all your trade generations to further your pet project. Because that is what it is. Your project alone. You keep working in your current group with the lineage you started with, but you can breed a second lineage that builds in your new chosen pair.

As I said. This new line will not be the EPIC line, but honestly no one here can stop you for building an entire new line.

My suggestion is to check with the mods and make sure this is okay in theory and since you will not call the new line EPIC, it shouldn't hurt anyone's interests with the rest of the project as you will continue with your original set for official business.

I'm not a mod mind you, only a team capt'n..... of ill fated Navy. *sigh* Honestly if you do it as a side project and don't call it EPIC, you could do it. Just my two cents.

*puts on Indigo Captain hat*

Team Indigo has all of the self bred 8th gens and is ready for a trading partner.

*does happy dance*

Edited by ytak

Team Indigo will be trading Gen8s with Team Olive!

Neither team is affected by the current re-breeding, so commence trading!

Understood! (Team Olive captain speaking...)