Likewise

New Thundercats

Trailer

I watched Thundercats re-runs on Cartoon Network in the 90s. When I heard they were doing a re-imagining of Thundercats I figured it would be terrible, but then I saw the trailer. This actually looks pretty good! Kind of reminds me of The Last Airbender, although I don't think it will be that good. What do you guys think?

Yeah, the new Thundercats doesn't look too bad, but I have to admit I'm kinda bummed by a few things.

It's understandable that they would update everyone's looks so that they all don't look like they just walked out of the 80's, but eh, I got quite accustomed to Cheetara's poofy hair and Liono's manly mane.

The thing I'm really bummed about is Snarf not talking.

I know a lot of people found him annoying, but I liked the little guy and his constant "Snarf snarf, Liono, snarf."

Now he's just going to make cat noises.

Ah well.

And I see that they're trying to integrate some 3D graphics into the show, which doesn't really impress me all that much.

Otherwise, eh, I'll give it a watch and give it a watch. Can't really judge all of it all the trailer.

If anything it'll give me a reason to re-watch the old series again.

I'm waiting to actually watch the show before deciding rather I like it or not. I really enjoy the "old" Thundercats. Boomerang has a mini-marathon on Today and Tomorrow. Today's was from 12:00 to 4:00 PM EST (and is over for the day) and tomorrows is from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM EST. I'm hoping they show more of the old ones next weekend as well.

I saw some episodes of the old ones on youtube once in a while and I did like the series. I'll give this new one a watch though and decide if I'll like it then since I keep seeing the trailer all day...

So what did you all think of the opening episode?

I am going to have to see a normal episode to form an opinion.

I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a catchy themesong like the original.

I much prefer the original over the new but I'm going to rewatch the opening episode of the new and see if I can't get to liking it a bit better. I was disappointed that it has so little in common with the original (except for some of the characters and their names).

Edited by rubyshoes

I just tried to think of it as a series completely different from the original rather than a remake.

I do like that they at least had Mumm-ra use his normal sayings though.

"Ancient spirits of evil, transform this decayed form to Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living!"

I really think it's hard to tell based on the season opener though. Since it's classified as a special episode and all. The actual episodes might be a little more like the originals

I just tried to think of it as a series completely different from the original rather than a remake.

I do like that they at least had Mumm-ra use his normal sayings though.

"Ancient spirits of evil, transform this decayed form to Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living!"

I really think it's hard to tell based on the season opener though. Since it's classified as a special episode and all. The actual episodes might be a little more like the originals

That's a good thought. I'll try to think of it as a series completely different from the original. Maybe I'll like it better that way. smile.gif

I actually got bored about half way through and started making biscuits and only listened to the second half hour. I'm rewatching it right now though. smile.gif

It has Azula's VA so I might try to catch an episode if it's convenient. >w>

Was never into the original and haven't heard or seen much about this revival/remake.

yes I seen today and pretty good unlike 80s had. not bad might watching next episode next thursday night. Funny about Snarf's no talk like 80s had talking and he keep said "meow, and others" to Lion-O as well. smile.gif

What is Thundercats? If it does have kitties I might watch it, because I'm obsessed with kitties...

I LOL'd. The first version was preeettty much epic win for the most part. I like the new version a lot, too.

I don't know, I think I actually started watching Thundercats just because of Juno.

I don't know much about Thundercats, but I believe it's got some potential, especially with the fanbase that it has already acquired through the years. I was at in the room next door to where they were premiering the first episode at ComiCon and I can definitely say that there was a lot of excited shouting and screaming coming from that room. Since they weren't boo'd then I think it'll hold up.

Episode 4 was called "Song of the Petalars". That had to be one of the most satisfying 22 minutes of television I have ever seen. There are at least a few episodes uploaded to youtube. Song of the Petalars is one of them; check it out.

I had to post this on facebook. A lot of nostalgia in the original series, I must have been two or three when I started playing with the action figures and watching the tv show. But I like this, it looks like it stays close to the original. Looks like the same artists as Ben 10 or Avatar. Don't watch anime much anymore, just the more mature stuff.

I've been watching Thundercats on cartoon network, and I like it so far.

I remember the original, vaguely... I must have been pretty young lol.

THUNDERCATS, LOL!

xd.png

I personally didn't know much (vaguely heard of it) before this remake. I saw the remake's trailer and thought it looked really awesome, so I've been watching it ever since. Unfortunately, my TV somehow decided to stop recording episodes, or something happened and I can't find the new ones on the channel guide anymore. >> So I need to catch up.

But yeah, I like the action and the design of it all. Saw a couple original episodes to check it out, and was not very impressed by the animation x3 But then, I'm rather biased.

Besides, anything that had to do with Azula MUST. BE. AMAZING. /obsession

The new Thundercats is awesome! I've watched every episode of it. I can't wait for season 2, though I wonder when that will be.