Skypool

The Hunger Games Movie

As some of you know, The Hunger Games is going to be made into a movie. The cast has been released on IMDB. So what do you think?

They'd better not mess this up like they did Percy Jackson...

The cast doesn't seem to bad but thats not the problem. The movies are always worse than the books....so this is probably gonna be very boring and dull compared to the books

I'm afraid that they will limit the gore for younger viewers. And I'm not too happy about Josh Hutcherson playing Peeta.

Turned out to be a major 'wtf' casting for me. Katniss is not supposed to be a glamorous movie star, she is a rough, unpolished forest-girl. -.-

And they could have done a much better picking for Peeta as well. William Moseley would have been a better choice.

Edited by digipup

I rather like the casting, and I think the movie might very well be good, but only time will tell. I think it probably has a better chance of being good than a lot of other movies based on books.

I'm just hoping it doesn't turn out like the lightning thief did, I rarely have high expectations for movies based off books I've read, because usually I just get disappointed. xd.png

i hope it resembles the movie "Hanna". i loved that movie, and i love the Hunger Games trilogy. i hope the movie doesnt stray so far from the book like the lightning thief did.

I really hope they do a good job on it, i am looking forward to seeing the movie when it comes out.

Turned out to be a major 'wtf' casting for me. Katniss is not supposed to be a glamorous movie star, she is a rough, unpolished forest-girl. -.-

Thiiiiiiis . Although I do like the casting they did for Haymitch and Effie, they seem very fitting .

And they could have done a much better picking for Peeta as well. William Moseley would have been a better choice.

ORLY?

She doesn't look exactly how I imagined her, but it's close enough.

I think the Katniss I see will be perfect. xd.png They make her look all pretty for the Games anyway. I only feel weird about Hutcherson. Though he has the face of Peeta. Just... We'll see. And Gale is way to hot. He's not allowed to be. BY THE WAY!!! Wasn't Gale long haired too?

I actually imagined Cinna as an African-American. I think it's kinda cool. I did not, however, imagine Rue as an African-American.

Collins said that she imagined District 11 to be mostly African American or Asian... But didn't the book describe Cinna to have brown hair and a pale complexion?

Hmm.... Maybe he did. xd.png I don't remember. I have to reread it all. Personally, I'm offended more at Peeta's choice. I always imagined him as the hot next door neighbor surfer boy. xd.png

laugh.gif Me too. Loads of people wanted Alex Pettyfer to play Peeta. I'm impartial to him, but he would probably look the part better that Hutchinson.

Mmm... I'm thinking Pettyfer is too... I guess too rugged. Peeta shouldn't be as blatantly hot as he is. If Hutcherson can prove himself a better actor than he was in other movies, than I'll be head over heels.

I'm excited! I wonder how they're gonna work out Katniss and Peeta!!! biggrin.gif I loved the books so I'm pretty excited for the movie. :3

I'm so excited for this movie! I think Willow Shields is going to do an awesome job as Prim! But I don't think Josh Hutherson really fits as Peeta. I thought Peeta was suppose to have curly blond hair O_o I always imagined Rue to kind of have Native American looks, but the girl who plays her fits well too.

Edited by SeaSong

I agree. Peeta looks... Weird. xd.png But I think if they dye his hair and make it curly, he'll look good for the role.

Cinna was described as having pale skin, and Rue and Thresh were described as having dark skin.

I can understand Lenny Kravitz for a Cinna (as in, an alternate version of the character), but he just doesn't fit the role. Supposedly he was cast as Cinna just because he was a good, caring character in Precious, which also makes no sense.

I saw the movie Friday and loved it! Sure, they changed a few scenes, and rushed through it, but it was awesome! Does anyone else agree? biggrin.gif

I actually thought the pacing was pretty good.

I mean, the movie is just about two and a half hours long and usually with movies of that length I hit a point where I'm like "Okay, are we done yet?" but I so did not have that with this one.

The movie was great, but I could not help but feel that a few important key events were missing.

For one, they did not touch on the fact that Peeta and Katniss should have grown apart from each other once Peeta realized she had been faking it at first. that is a really important part!

I also found that the tension between Katniss and the president was a bit lacking. they could have portrayed that much better. I mean, those negative feelings stirring between the two of them is what drives the second book as well as the third book.