Ballet dancer since the age of four... And also into jazz and hip hop. I was on toe shoes for a while as well... This is the first year that I quit ballet altogether. It just got to be too much, and in my own opinion everyone else in the class was better than me and I just couldn't do it any longer. Bashed my toes up nicely, too. They're so ugly. xd.png

Instead, I'm doing modern and belly dancing now. XP

Edited by digipup

Does jumping up and down with music count as dancing? xd.png

This is me whenever a fast song comes on. I much prefer slow dances or line dances... Dancing by myself is awkward for me. Line dances I know include Cotton Eye Joe, the Cupid Shuffle, and the Cha-Cha Slide.

Also, the song by The Proclaimers "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)," commonly referred to as just "500 Miles" around here, is played at almost every church dance I go to, and all you have to do to "dance" to that song is jump to the beat, and jump higher during the chorus. It's really funny to see a whole room full of Mormon teens just jumping up and down and singing the song. =)

This is great timing for this thread to pop up. I have taken dance for 8 years, took a 2 year break, then started back up at my school this year. Im still a little rusty but hopfully I will regain all that I learned soon. I have taken ballet, modern, lyracal, tap, jazz, hip hop, gymnastics, shag, and ballroom.

I just hate how much it can be seen as weak. Something I can always rant about . But yeah, it fits here.

This is totally what I about synchro. You try getting half of your body above water while people are kicking you left, right and senter. *mumble grumble*

~~~~~~

More on topic, I'm taking a dance program for high school. In grade 12 or 13 we'll have 12 hours of dance a week blink.gif I didn't even swim this much in the run up for European jr's.

And I had my first ballet class today. As in ever. And our teacher informed us that will be on toe shoes around christmas. My lovely feet will get so messed up...

@ coralkiki- Synchronized swimming? That's so cool!! How do you move your limbs under water so smoothly? The moves I've seen look like they would be difficult enough to execute on land- let alone underwater!

Toe shoes by Christmas? o.O That's quick. I wasn't on my points until I had been learning for three years. And yeah... your feet are going to be in terrible, terrible shape. If you like them the way they are, you might consider backing out. xd.png

Lots and lots of practice is how we manage to look good while swimming. tongue.gif And lots of strength, cardio and flexibility... But my team keeps forgetting the last one laugh.gif It's hard though! We train four times a week, and still we have days were we look like drowning frogs... (my mothers words not mine tongue.gif) But it's really fun! I've always loved dance and swimming, and it was a perfect combination biggrin.gif

It's part of our programs curriculum I think.... I'm assuming that's the reason we're moving so fast. Our teacher is giving us some time to strenghten our ancles before we start though, since only two have taken ballet before tongue.gif Think she was kinda dissapointed... A bunch of breakers and bellydancers who've never considered trying this wonderfull form of art~

*looks at feet* Noooooooooo.... sad.gif I like you! But considering this is part of my grade... And much cooler it is to go to school and have 'Dance techniques' than 'science' written on your schedule, I hope I survive ;~D

Sounds like good exercise. biggrin.gif You'd have to be pretty strong to do those moves underwater. How do you forget flexibility, though?

It does sound like fun. I wish I could try, but I'm no swimmer. I swim like a hammer!

Ballet is wonderful- and fun! Once everything stops aching, that is. xd.png But then you find that you can move really gracefully without even trying, and you become really agile!

Eh, it's worth it. ^^ Definitely worth it.

I can only dance when I'm with one friend (who takes dancing classes, but he has to adapt to my musical stupidity, lol), and even with him, it's a simple "universal dance". It fits every song if you slow it down/speed it up and is composed from 10 steps. xd.png That's pretty much the only style of dancing I enjoy.

Dirt dancing? That's a new one. blink.gif What's dirt dancing?

I only dance when I'm drunk, alone, or with my girlfriend. You will never see me dance outside of those areas.

Edited by Majortopio

How do you forget flexibility, though?

At 9 PM stretching isn't the first thing that comes to mind tongue.gif We have one really flexible girl on our team, and (she says) it's all because her hip-hop class always stretched before they finished.

Both our ballet teacher and contemporary teacher has us streaching after class, so that should help. Especially since I don't have that much before my splits are flat.

I dance like a total idiot xd.png I only do so when I'm extremely happy/hyper or drunk.

I tried ballet for about 3 days when i was quite young and hated it, and that's all the dance class I ever managed to withstand. For flexibility and all that I stick to yoga classes.

I dont dance.........cause I cant dance.

Only time youll see me attempt to dance is at a party, or school dance(but thats only if I decide to go to it lol)

I love love love Bollywood dancing. @w@ If only I could dance. I would LOVE to learn Bollywood. It's just so fast-paced and fun, not to mention the fabulously colorful outfits.

Yes, it is extremely fun and infectious. I love doing it. In fact, I have to do a dance to a song called Chammak Challo for school, and I'm super excited.

But, I also do ballet, tap and jazz too. It's not as easy as it looks. In fact, it can be incredibly painful.

,_,. I dance like I'm at some club wearing a stripper suit. Well, according to some creepy girls, apparently.

I hate the way I dance, but I do it anyway. Looks like it makes me too happy to be bothered by the fact that I dance like a maniac. tongue.gif

I used to take lessons in waltz and swing when I was a long younger. I hated it then but now I'd really like to get back into it.

I'm pretty horrible at dancing... But I can Shake it Off tongue.gif