I wish I could dance. I took some ballroom dance classes. I was terrible, so I stopped. I think I'll limit my enjoyment of dance to sitting in the audience at a ballet, because I don't think all the training in the world is enough to make me not look stupid when I try to dance.

I wish I could dance too. Likewise, I attended a few sessions on ballroom dancing. I quit eventually because I was so inflexible. Maybe I will give dancing another attempt again. I have a friend who is into belly dancing and I think I want to try it too. Besides, I could use with dancing to tone my abdomen.

I used to do Gymnastics as a child , and I still do now. So I'm a pretty flexible person.

And since I'm assuming no one is going to judge for it. (since I'm hoping people have the common sense here to know that, in reality, it's not always a sexual thing)

I can pole dance. Which is kind of a form of gymnastics, I suppose. It's more for fitness. I'm not a dancer in a strip club or anything. - I take a class, once a week. I also do Aerial Hoop once a week too.

And in general, I do love to dance. And love almost any type of music to do so- Which most people don't expect. - just because I'm into strange, punk/gothic-like things, doesn't mean I don't have fun! xd.png

I used to do Gymnastics as a child , and I still do now. So I'm a pretty flexible person.

And since I'm assuming no one is going to judge for it. (since I'm hoping people have the common sense here to know that, in reality, it's not always a sexual thing)

I can pole dance. Which is kind of a form of gymnastics, I suppose. It's more for fitness. I'm not a dancer in a strip club or anything. - I take a class, once a week. I also do Aerial Hoop once a week too.

And in general, I do love to dance. And love almost any type of music to do so- Which most people don't expect. - just because I'm into strange, punk/gothic-like things, doesn't mean I don't have fun! xd.png

I had a classmate back in university who did pole dancing. Naturally, the first thing that came to the minds of most people was dancing in a strip club. I checked out the videos she shared of her classes and performances and they were impressive. Pole dancing is serious business and the moves require a great deal of skill and flexibility. ^^

Edited by Natevaelle

Yayyy! someone who is open minded and gets it! xd.png

I've been called some pretty bad things for other reasons, as well as deciding to take pole dancing/aerial hoop. But I just remember those people are narrow minded.

It does involve a lot of effort, that's for sure. And it can be quite tiring...and painful. I've had quiet a few bruises, and at first, blisters. ugh. >.<

Yayyy! someone who is open minded and gets it! xd.png

I've been called some pretty bad things for other reasons, as well as deciding to take pole dancing/aerial hoop. But I just remember those people are narrow minded.

It does involve a lot of effort, that's for sure. And it can be quite tiring...and painful. I've had quiet a few bruises, and at first, blisters. ugh. >.<

I would be lying if I said that I did not initially associate pole dancing with dancing in a strip club as well. O.o (Although I did so without the negativity.) I am glad that I know better now though. Sometimes, people just have to take new things in with an open mind before they pass judgment. ^^ In fact, when I watched a performance the first time, I thought that it was just like ballet (because of the grace) and gymnastics (because of the stunts).

In relation to this topic, a striptease class was offered as a physical education class back when I was in university. (I did not take this class myself, but I watched a few friends.) Like pole dancing, I suppose that it was common for others to initially associate it with sexual matters. Again, when I watched the performance, it was simply another art form. ^^ So graceful!

I'll be honest - even I originally associated pole dancing with sexual matters, but even if it was all about "sexual matters" - I wouldn't care, it's something I enjoy doing now, it makes me feel more confident about myself. It really boosts self esteem.

It's all just art, sexual or not.

For example, famous painters/photographers have painted/photographed nudes, but I bet they weren't called "s word" "w word" ect - and I suppose the models won't of been either.

Dancing, like painting, photography, and music, is all just an art form, no matter how it is in nature.

I'd love to learn to dance, but I don't have the time. Right now I'm running track in the evening, and I'll likely have to get a full-time job in the morning. I would have loved to learn ballet, but now I think I'm a bit too old for it, besides it takes a long time to be able to dance en pointe. I'm interested in contemporary dance, jazz or hip-hop.

I grew up doing ballet, which was the time of my life when I had the most energy and felt the most healthy. I really wish I could get back to being in that good a shape. I haven't done ballet or jazz since I sprained my ankle in 2010, but have taken up belly dancing. Belly dancing is so super fun and even people who hate exercise love belly dancing. It would be the same for me, but I'm so lethargic these days. I'm hoping that maybe this new mattress I ordered (which will literally break my bank account) will help me feel better without hip pain and more energy. Then I'll take it up again. Aside from that, I love just dressing up and going out to clubs with friends to just free dance - techno club music is the best for that, for me.