urufu

Dragon Age

Wich game is your fave?!  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now Bioware just needs to let us turn into a dragon and it will be instant GOTY for me. :v

At least the Mages would be able to do that with some mastery, like Flemeth smile.gif

At least the Mages would be able to do that with some mastery, like Flemeth smile.gif

But Flemeth isn't human. :c

(As Morrigan says in Witch Hunt)

GameInformer has lots of information about DA:I on their website about Morrigan, the combat system, the return of multiple races and more. Updates each Monday, Wednesday and Friday this month.

It's looking good so far.

I like Origins the best. Three things I don't like about DA2;

1. You don't know exactly how your responses are. In DAO, you know exactly what you're going to say.

2. DA2 Thinks that just mass producing enemies is challenging, while it's just plain annoying.

3. like everyone said, the same environment is pretty annoying,

Well, I bought DAO at this summer's Steam sale and have not been disappointed thus far. I almost bought DA2, but Steam doesn't let you do that until you've bought DAO, and I'm so glad it did that. Seems like the overall impression in that DAO is best.

But I also like it because it reminds me of watching my dad play RPGs (and occasionally playing his characters) as a child. It was just great. I've yet to finish it, but (as TMD could tell you) I knew some things that I probably shouldn't know as I haven't gotten to those parts yet, though it's still a highly enjoyable game. Highly recommended by me. smile.gif

Well, I bought DAO at this summer's Steam sale and have not been disappointed thus far. I almost bought DA2, but Steam doesn't let you do that until you've bought DAO, and I'm so glad it did that. Seems like the overall impression in that DAO is best.

But I also like it because it reminds me of watching my dad play RPGs (and occasionally playing his characters) as a child. It was just great. I've yet to finish it, but (as TMD could tell you) I knew some things that I probably shouldn't know as I haven't gotten to those parts yet, though it's still a highly enjoyable game. Highly recommended by me. smile.gif

DA2 is just not on Steam at all.

My favorite is Origins. I love this game. It was a lot better than dragon age 2.

I hope dragon age 3 is gonna be as good as the first one.

DA2 is just not on Steam at all.

Meant Awakenings but got confused with my memory. Sorry about the malfunction of my circuitry. xd.png

A few highlights of PAX:

-Qunari are a playable race.

-Choices will now tell you exactly what they result in.

-Tactical camera is back as an option for all platforms.

-"...and this is a cave. It is not THE cave."

-No loading screens for small things, like caves,

-Dual-wielding is back for warriors.

-Mages can wear heavy armor.

-Customization is going to be deeper.

-World is big. Bigger than Dragon Age: Origins. One area is "bigger than all of the levels in Dragon Age II combined."

-Takes place in Ferelden, Orlais, Nevarra, and The Free Marches.

Have a female Qunari Inquisitor:

user posted image

and a video of gameplay:

My 2 cents on the PAX news:

- Qunari

I know people have been whining asking for Qunari to be playable, but actually I'm not sure that's a good thing. I just don't see why a Qunari would join an organisation like the inquisition. What we've seen so far of the Qunari are those loyal to the Qun on one hand and on the other the Tal-Vashoth. From what I understand of the Qun, I think joining the Inquisition is against the Qun, and the Tal-Vashoth are little more than bandits. The only exception I can think of is Maraas, so if the Inquisitor is like him, then it might make sense, but IIRC he was kind of an isolated and unique case, no?

Anyway, even if it somehow makes sense to have a Qunari inquisitor, I still doubt I'll play as one. I just can't see myself play as someone who is pretty much universally reviled and feared for their race, would make organising the inquisition a lot harder too.

- result of choice

Well, I guess that's a good thing, as long as it doesn't spoil too much. I do hope there will be an option to turn this off though, especially on the first playthrough I prefer finding out myself which decision affects which part of the gameworld and how it does so.

- tactical camera, multiple environments (i.e., not THE cave), less loading screens, deep customization (I guess this is about character looks and background?) and big world

All things I whole-heartedly approve tongue.gif.

Also, having an area bigger than the DA2 ones combined isn't that hard when everything is just recycled.

- Dual-wielding warriors

I suppose that's a good thing to have more choice for your character. But I prefer my warriors with a 2-handed sword and leaving the dual-wielding to the rogues, as it seems more 'natural' for them, so it doesn't really matter to me.

- Heavy armor on mages

Wait, what? I hope this is part of a specialization like Arcane Warrior in DA:O or something, because it wouldn't make much sense otherwise.

My 2 cents on the PAX news:

- Qunari

I know people have been whining asking for Qunari to be playable, but actually I'm not sure that's a good thing. I just don't see why a Qunari would join an organisation like the inquisition. What we've seen so far of the Qunari are those loyal to the Qun on one hand and on the other the Tal-Vashoth. From what I understand of the Qun, I think joining the Inquisition is against the Qun, and the Tal-Vashoth are little more than bandits. The only exception I can think of is Maraas, so if the Inquisitor is like him, then it might make sense, but IIRC he was kind of an isolated and unique case, no?

Anyway, even if it somehow makes sense to have a Qunari inquisitor, I still doubt I'll play as one. I just can't see myself play as someone who is pretty much universally reviled and feared for their race, would make organising the inquisition a lot harder too.

Where else would a Qunari that rejects the Qun go, besides being a mercenary or bandit? It is very shallow to only think that of the Tal-Vashoth. We have only been exposed to a very small amount of Tal-Vashoth, anyway.

I was one wanting Qunari to be a playable race. People were "whining" for elves and dwarves to be playable as well; I don't see how wanting Qunari was even worse.

Wouldn't elves technically have a harder time forming an Inquisition? Since they are thought of as second-class citizens or servants. Personally, I think the mystery shroud in front of the Qunari is one of the reasons it will be tasty to play.

My first playthrough will be a female Qunari mage.

Where else would a Qunari that rejects the Qun go, besides being a mercenary or bandit? It is very shallow to only think that of the Tal-Vashoth. We have only been exposed to a very small amount of Tal-Vashoth, anyway.

I was one wanting Qunari to be a playable race. People were "whining" for elves and dwarves to be playable as well; I don't see how wanting Qunari was even worse.

Wouldn't elves technically have a harder time forming an Inquisition? Since they are thought of as second-class citizens or servants. Personally, I think the mystery shroud in front of the Qunari is one of the reasons it will be tasty to play.

My first playthrough will be a female Qunari mage.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm just saying I'm one of the few people who don't like (most of) the Qunari and as such probably won't play as one, or at least not on my main playthrough.

If there's more Qunari like Maraas (whom I DID like and hope will your new Qunari companion), then I can see some joining the inquistion, but wasn't it Maraas himself who said the Tal-Vashoth were little more than bandits and that was the reason he left them? I'm not sure though, it's been a while since I last played DA2 and talked to Maraas.

And I'm pretty sure every race will bring it's own difficulties and perks in forming the Inquisition. Whether it be Elves, Qunari, Dwarves or plain-old humans.

I think I'll go with either a male dwarf warrior or a female elven mage for my first/main playthrough (also my 2 main ones in DA:O tongue.gif).

Edited by timpieh

- result of choice

Well, I guess that's a good thing, as long as it doesn't spoil too much. I do hope there will be an option to turn this off though, especially on the first playthrough I prefer finding out myself which decision affects which part of the gameworld and how it does so.

Update: Yes, can be turned on or off.

__

Just confirmed...I think...that the Qunari Inquisitor will not be a follower of the Qun.

Allan Schumacher just said that mage Qunari will not be Sarrebas, so the Qunari Inquisitor must be Tal-Vashoth.

Edited by TheDarkCynder

Question:

To keep Alistair a Warden with you... Do you have to harden him?

I can't remember for sure, but I think it's more important that he isn't king.

Question:

To keep Alistair a Warden with you... Do you have to harden him?

you only have to harden Alistair if you're A. not a nobel, and B. want to stay with him after you make him King (also C. if you want to have a threesome with Isabella)

other than that, you don't have to.

Because he just automatically makes himself king. :<

I wanted to stay a Warden with him...

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Because he just automatically makes himself king. :<

I wanted to stay a Warden with him...

i dont think I've ever played a game where he automaticly made himself King, since his character is against it.

you only have to harden Alistair if you're A. not a nobel, and B. want to stay with him after you make him King (also C. if you want to have a threesome with Isabella)

other than that, you don't have to.

Will he stay with any character, or only the human noble?

Will he stay with any character, or only the human noble?

if he's hardened, you can convince him to keep you as a concubine, or something, if you pick the right dialogue options.

Cuz my first play though i didn't harden him for my elven mage, and i like, cried when he dumped me to "fulfil his kingly duties" dialogue options be darn.

If you are a human noble, you can rule alongside him. I never played with him not hardened after the first time, so im not sure if you still get that option if you didnt, but i dont see why not, since the only thing holding you back in previous relationships was being the wrong race or class.

It's such BS that he breaks up with you because Grey Wardens can't have kids together, but it's apparently not an issue if you're human.

It's such BS that he breaks up with you because Grey Wardens can't have kids together, but it's apparently not an issue if you're human.

well, ive always made him king, cuz i dont like anora tbh, but i may have been wrong...

according to the wiki, he *should* stay with any one of your characters, but he'll only outright marry the human noble, regardless of hardening him, and he will stay with any other character after he becomes king, only if he's hardened.

its been a while since i played origins. I might have to replay otl

The fact he broke up with me as an elf because we can't have kids (because we are Grey Wardens) but won't break up with the noble, despite not being able to have kids either, irks me.

Wardens are most sterile when they've been tainted. After a while, they slowly become easier to impregnate/have a child. So, what Alistair says is true; he has a better chance of having a baby with a human woman rather than yourself.

It's still heartbreaking though. :<