urufu

Dragon Age

Wich game is your fave?!  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 was everything origins and it's expansion should've been as far as combat system

Origins for certain.

Edited by TheDarkCynder

Origins.

Oh god, awakenings was terrible. I've never played something so buggy before IN MY LIFE. It's like they released it without even testing it at all.

I've yet to play 2 because it got such bad reviews.

There should be an poll option for The Ultimate Edition. Lol.

Origins and Awakening for sure.

Characters had more depth, Romance, Better art style, more story.

Dragon Age 2 was the mockery. I mean come on...

No ability to create your own character, bad story, plot loops, and story jumps...

Dragon Age Origins/Awakening Ultimate Edition FTW!

It does seem like origins had the votes because of story and customization. But just curious, which combat system did you prefer? Origins or 2?

Origins on the 360. can never forget when Duncan jumped onto the troll and repeatedly stabbed it to death over and over. I could ave sworn that was a few blood stains on the cam.... biggrin.gif

Yes, Origins was amazing. But my friend could have done without the sexual content... his mother walked in on the middle of the cutscene. ohmy.gif

Origins.

Oh god, awakenings was terrible. I've never played something so buggy before IN MY LIFE. It's like they released it without even testing it at all.

What patch did you play it on? I just looked at the listed bugs on the wiki and avoided triggering them. Some of them were unacceptable. Origins had a game breaking one with the Sloth Demon, and I only solved it after letting only 1 of the CPU cores run. Couldn't even continue!

Some of them were welcomed, though. tongue.gifxd.png

user posted image

I've yet to play 2 because it got such bad reviews.

They probably romanced Anders/Justice. lol

It does seem like origins had the votes because of story and customization. But just curious, which combat system did you prefer? Origins or 2?

Definitely DA2. Origins combat was bland, and the abilities were improved.

How was customization better in Origins?

No ability to create your own character, bad story, plot loops, and story jumps...

As in the appearance? If you have it on PC, there's a mod for that.

Here's some funny pics btw laugh.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Definitely DA2. Origins combat was bland, and the abilities were improved.

How was customization better in Origins?

Multi-classing and race. (Which I wsh carried over into 2 [if multi-classing has, I haven't reached it yet]).

DA2 for sure.

Certainly you can't be an elf or a dwarf in DA2.

But the combat was so much better.

The ending was a bit of a letdown though.

I expected something far more epic than *spoiler removed* to be honest.

Edited by Ælex

Origins is the only one I've replayed. Awakenings I found more like an expansion than a standalone game.

DA2 was good but plot and story weren't anything like as good as Origins.

I loved 2 because of the graphics, finding the characters from other games and the fighting style and the fact your character actually speaks.

I loved Origins for the difficulty (It was more difficult then 2, in 2 all the enemies were the same level of difficulty not like origins were they got harder as you went) and for the HUGE map and the way you had more of an effect on the story line.

Awakenings was ok as an expansion but not much more.

I'm hoping the third game combines your main characters from both origins and 2.

Multi-classing and race. (Which I wsh carried over into 2 [if multi-classing has, I haven't reached it yet]).

Your Hawke can at least multi-class, and the other characters are unique, so I don't see a problem really. If you use a mod, like always, you can go against the grain.

Origins didn't really have much more to offer on multi-classing. For example, Morrigan is a shapeshifter, which is rather useless. Alistair starts out as a templar, which isn't that useful -- mainly for wearing the Knight Commander's Plate. Sten doesn't even get a second specialization, and some of the characters like Oghren can come late, and then their stats are messed up.

Awakening added another specialization, and it felt more like cheesy cheating.

Edited by Alpha1

Can I choose Dragon Age 3? Cause in my dreams it has the art style and combat system from DA2, but the story flow and character/party interactions of Origins.

I just got DA: Origins.

It's super fun thusfar.

biggrin.gif

Have you guys ever heard of the game called Dragons of Alantis. It's on Facebook and it's really fun. You should try it out sometime.

Have you guys ever heard of the game called Dragons of Alantis. It's on Facebook and it's really fun. You should try it out sometime.

this has nothing to do with Dragon Age.

Anyway, I've only played Origins and most of Awakenings. Awakenings is a little more a disappointment to me.

I love both, excluding Awakenings since my family never bought it... I just beat DA2 a few seconds ago xd.png

I love Origins for the longer story. It was more of a challenge and had more to do overall.

DA2 I love for the graphics and the new fightstyle. That includes whacking people with staffs! xd.png

The ending made me think there's a third game. Reading here I find my hunch seems right smile.gif. Can't wait!

Edited by Dragonhatchling

I only have Origins and I keep changing my mind about what character I want to make xd.png I didn't bother with 2 because of all the bad reviews I heard about....can anyone vouch for it? I've already seen some pros and cons just from reading this thread.