urufu

Dragon Age

Wich game is your fave?!  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is also Dorain who is gay and apparently caused some outrage because of it.

there's some pansexual characters too

i've actually mostly seen a positive reaction to all the queer characters ovo; then again i guess it kinda depends where you look

Oh yaaay, this thread is alive.

I still haven't finished Inquisition, I really need to get on that. I'm not really fond of the way they handled sidequests; they shouldn't feel like they're necessary to complete the game. That's what I think, anyway. I'd enjoy doing sidequests more if I could choose to do them myself rather than being forced to due to the 'Power' system. It feels kinda cheap. Overall I'm really pleased with how they did the game though, they really expanded on the areas which was nice since that was a huge complaint after Dragon Age 2. I don't like how they've taken out cutscenes when you talk to minor NPCs, it makes so much seem unimportant. I liked being able to see my characters' facial expressions in conversations, so not having that makes talking to a lot of characters feel like a chore. I dunno, maybe I'm confused though. Anyway, overall I'm really happy with the game the story. If I could change only one thing I'd just have them add more hairstyles, everything else can be dealt with. I was just rambling.

Also,

i haven't played inq, but is the champion of Kirkwall and the grey warden appear in it?, I know that dwarf guy from 2 does.

Spoilers:

If the Warden is alive (s)he will appear once, but with a hood on. Hawke is a pretty important character in the game and does appear, and you'll get to customize his/her appearance.

I own Origins, but I never actually picked it up because I was too enthralled with Skyrim to play anything else. But since I got a PS4, I grabbed Inquisition because it looked neat. Took me some time to get used to the fighting style, and I ended up becoming a mage instead of an archer (which is new for me, I almost never use magic in video games in favor of a bow) and I am having a BLAST. (hehe...)

I love the storyline of this and the character dynamics. I am totally in love with the relationship mechanics, too. Flirting is so much fun! I'm in the middle of romancing Sera (I adore her <3) and all of the little bonus stuff with romancing just gives me the biggest smile. Although, super sad I cannot romance Morrigan (especially since I'm a lady...) because she is H O T. DANG GIRL.

Also I agree, more hairstyles would be nice. Specifically LONG hair styles. Nothing for the ladies went past shoulder length, it made me sad.

Iron Bull is like, my best bro. At first I liked Solas, and now I just get annoyed of him. Flirting with Cassandra is fun even though she's straight (she makes the funniest expressions when I try, haha). I was so pissed when I learned that Leliana wasn't romance-able. She was my first pick. :<

Aww man. So I restarted with a new character completely on a whim, and I just finished the story (for the first time, since I restarted half way through my first's characters journey). AW IT WA SO GOOD.

But like, my favorite is in this play through, I decided to romance Josephine... AND ITS SO CUTE. AHHHHHHHH. I had to record the final romance quest with her because it was so corny but sweet and I squealed the whole time.

I LOVE THIS GAME

I wish next Dragon Age will be with The Warden as main character again, i'd really love to see him/her.

Plus some other forgotten characters like Shale, Finn, Ariane, Sten... or even Oghren lol

I wish next Dragon Age will be with The Warden as main character again, i'd really love to see him/her.

Plus some other forgotten characters like Shale, Finn, Ariane, Sten... or even Oghren lol

Devs already stated many times the Warden's story is over. They want to, and have, moved on to telling other stories.

There's likely to be more cameos by old party members, or expanded roles but bringing back old player toons is tricky.

Devs already stated many times the Warden's story is over. They want to, and have, moved on to telling other stories.

There's likely to be more cameos by old party members, or expanded roles but bringing back old player toons is tricky.

I must agree that a full game with the Hero of Ferelden as a main character seems unlikely, but a expansion explaining more about The Calling or if s/he found a cure to it would be great.

I like all of them (except Awakenings) for different reasons. Origins for nostalgia and the whole saving the world bit and being awesome while doing it. DAII for the more personal story and the depth of the companions, even if my Hawke was unable to really save many people (I like playing Hero tongue.gif ). Inquisition... well, I have more complaints about it than the other two games, but overall I do like it in terms of many details, though I do wish they'd done several things differently.

As for Awakenings, I tried a few times to play it, but even after patching it I had loads of trouble with it and gave up out of frustration. I admit, however, that I played it after I got DAII and so the slow, clunky combat of Awakenings felt like a huge downgrade. That said, I can still tolerate Origins combat, but I vastly prefer DAII's combat system over even Inquisition.

Only one I have so far is Origins. I have several friends that got the most recent one and keep having issues with it on their consoles. Not sure what it's doing. I have everything on PC. Although I have thought about getting a console just because I want to see what everything is like on the only TV I have.....it's a 60" plasma....LOL

I have it on PS4 and it looks gorgeous. I don't have any problems with it heh. The older gen consoles might be having issues though, I wouldn't doubt that.

Since i don't own a ps4 yet i have the ps3 version of Inquisition. The only problem so far i'm having are the graphics loading up slowly, sometimes they don't load properly and everything looks like plastic. Still enjoyable though.

I have all of the games... Origins is still my favorite, probably because there is something nostalgic about the story line and the characters. Dragon Age Inquisition, however, is quickly catching up to be one of my favorite games. I've played it probably a dozen times and just keep playing over and over again. Love it.

i am nearly finished DA:O on my xbox 360 (which doesn't have all the dlc :/, I want them damn achieves, and yes, I have the ultimate evil edition on my laptop but... I needed more room for eso xd.png) and it is great, I think DAII is great to... DA:INQ I have for the 360 but I want to finish origins first....... any news for any dlcs for inq that are coming up?

EDIT: YAY I killed the archdemon biggrin.gif

Edited by zorua9

Still waiting for another Dragon Age game like origins.. doubt it will ever happen. I love the other ones but Origins was the greatest thing. I've never really been blown away like the first time I played DA:O for the first time. Im feeling so nostalgic im gonna go start it up again right now xd.png

dammit, last gen (xbox360 and ps3) aren't going to get anymore dlc for inq :/ NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!!!!!.

also, am I the only who thinks iron bull is awesome, he doesn't force the teachings of qun, he accepts people of all races and genders (human, elf, dwarf and qunari).

another thing is that Krem (one of iron bulls workers/friend/mercenary) is actually a girl but wants to be called a boy...... not that I am judging her, but I just got confused at the start xd.png.

Dorian is good..... for a tevinter... them damn dirty tevinters xd.png. why couldn't he be bi.... I wanted my female character to romance with him... oh well... maybe when I start a male character.... hehehe.......

......... :/ I did the Qunari alliance quest thing...... srsly bioware..... why you gotta play with mah heart strings........... (now he is tal-vasoth :/)

(don't mind my grammar, that was from ages past xd.png) just finished the main questline for inq, I guess it is back to origins for me. I plan to make a knight enchanter mage..... any tips for builds for that spec?

I also wonder what is going to happen in the next dragon age game......... elven gods?

This thread is super old but I'm so in love with Dragon Age honestly. And ignore my post for spoilers from DAO, that game's old but I guess some people may not appreciate it.

I just finished a Mage playthrough of all of the games and DLC's. Elven Mage Warden named Aoife, Mage hawke, and Dalish Mage Inquisitor.

With my Mage warden (the first Mage I actually finished as), I played as an Arcane Warrior/Spirit Healer/Battlemage spec and totally annihilated everything. I had a party with Shale, Zevran, and switched the other spot with Morrigan and Wynne. That was also the first time I managed to play through the whole game on nightmare. I made some pretty questionable decisions I'd never made before on that playthrough, like sparing Loghain. And I actually ended up being friends with Loghain (I even got the friendship dialogue with him), whereas Alistair had about -10 influence by the time that play tough was done. I used the feasts at gifts to raise his approval to get his quest and harden him, then used feast day pranks to get it back where it was before and let him hate my guts. Then I got to Awakening and became best buddies with Nathaniel Howe and Anders. Anders' approval even glitched and at +100, it showed Love instead of Friendly lol. I spared the Architect and burned Amaranthine to the ground and then lived happily ever after with Zevran.

Then I got to DA2, and that was pretty decent. Very short, but decent. My Hawke was a Force Mage/Spirit Healer named Brennan and my main party was Varric, Anders, and Fenris. Aveline bugged me. I just left Fenris home on all the Mage quests and still got his friendship to +100. Carver became a Warden, Anders was spared, and I sided with the mages. Sebastian hated me and decided to retake Starkhaven, I could never get Avelinems approval up or down enough because one minute she would approve, another she'd disapprove. Oh well. Hawke and Anders ran off like Bonny and Clyde and their pet Justice.

My Dalish inquisitor, Sulahnera, hated the chantry, was best friends with Solas, literally got Vivienne's hate dialogue the second time I went to Skyhold, made some pretty pragmatic decisions that I won't say in fear of spoiling the entire game. I romanced Cullen on that playthrough, because Solas makes me angry for reasons and I wanted to see what his dialogue would be with a female Mage warden import.

I literally finished all of those playthroughs in 2 weeks. Now I'm doing a City Elf female named Maeve that hates humans, is best friends with Morrigan, Sten, and Shale, and is romancing Zevran. Pretty chaotic neutral, makes choices out of necessity without really caring what happens. I actually killed Isolde. Had no regrets for slaughtering everyone in the Arl of Denerim's estate and absolutely hates humans. Alistair and Wynne absolutely hate her guts so far.

I've had tons of wardens though, I just really like seeing the different endings. Sparing Loghain actually made me really, really like the guy, especially after reading the books. *spoiler* and that made the Into the Abyss decision so much harder.

Among the 500 wardens I've had, the other ones that stick out are my Dalish Warden named Dahrana, who romanced Alistair (yuck) and kept him as a Warden and made Anora rule alone. That was pretty fun, but I really don't like Alistair that much so it was kind of cringey to romance him.

Then there was my Aeducan, Firah, who hated Trian and hated Harrowmont and hated Dwarven politics. That was really fun in the Orzammar chapter. Otherwise, pretty lawful neutral sword and shield type character.

Well I can't vote on this yet since I haven't finished DA2 and I haven't even played Inquisition yet. Not sure if I want to, because my husband decided to buy a PS4 and not an xbox one (and we have an xbox 360, so the backstory won't be able to download into the new system even if we were to buy it, bummer).

So far I'm loving Origins the most. I'm on my third run through now. I like the effects, the art, the characters and storyline... Everything about Origins is excellent. Awakening was disappointing, story wise. It felt like an after thought and did not resolve much from Origins. Don't know much about the other games; I only heard about Dragon Age literally just two weeks ago. I was really hoping I could get more Morrigan and Alistair in Awakening, heck, I'd be happy if Sten showed up, but neither are in the game to play with and I couldn't connect personally with any of the new characters. I was never a fan of Oghren.

I got as far as finishing the Deep Roads expedition in DA2, not sure how far that is in the overall game, but I'm chugging along, pretty annoyed with the effects being too "mortal combat-ish" though. And man there are so many errands to do! More than I remember in Origins. It's too early yet for me to decide if I like DA2 or not. I'm not liking how you don't get to choose your backstory, since that's part of the reason I love Origins so much, and I'm disappointed how the story is not set in Ferelden, where the beloved original characters are. However, the history does seem pretty detailed, in a way it can be a good or bad thing. As long as it eventually ties in to Ferelden I'll be happy. Otherwise, I'm seriously disappointed in how the game is going.

Sorry for being such a newb. I contemplated saying anything at all on here when I finished Origins the first time. I don't mind spoilers.

7 minutes ago, zorua9 said:

Looks like there might be a spin-off game!

Wait, what? 

Source?

I was just watchin' random youtube videos about no DLC for Mass Effect Andromeda and it pop'd up.......