AbsolutelyAlexis

Behind the Façade

Tessa glared at the boy. She raced over to Skry, at least she could sort of trust him. She was not about to let the last one she sort-of trusted be killed by a soldier. She gagged at the mustard gas, but continued to drag him out of the way. Once he was away from it she shifted to human form. She hoped he hadn't inhaled too much. She checked his pulse and was relieved that he was alive... now. Quickly thinking, she shouted at everybody.

"I don't CARE if you're with Alpha right now or not, you are going to cooperate. You, boy-with-weird-eyes, help me carry Skry to our base. He needs medical attention. Now. Girl-who-dates-boy help Des and Kirin to take the soldier with us. Got it? Let's go!"

And that was the first, and probably last, time Tess could be called a hero.

Ziva nodded and helped Des and Kirin take the soldier. She had shifted back to her human self and had grabbed an extra pair of clothes that she kept hidden in the bushes in case she needed them. She had also growled at the soldier earlier and had told him that she'd rather die than going with him somewhere since she didn't know him and didn't trust him to not kill both her and Tioga if they didn't cooperate. Now she was standing on Des' other side to help her bring the soldier with them behind Kirin, Tioga, and the knocked out Skry. Des had also shifted back to human form and had gotten another pair of clothes from somewhere.

((I'm going to use regular color (aka black) when i have both Ziva and Des in one post but if they talk, then their dialog will be the color that i have for them))

((A thought... might be interesting if Skry decides that he likes Kirn... and SHE didn't necessarily like him back.))

As they collected the soldier, Kirin took the opportunity to observe both the rogues as much as she was able. Niether one seemed to be terribly threatening, though the male rogue had stood up to both the soldier AND the Pack. She wasn't entirely sure why they had issues with the Pack, but it wasn't her business either. Though,she chuckled,That hasn't always stopped me from snooping in the past.Oughtn't it to be a werewolf's right to join the Pack or not as they please, she mused. And what had the soldier meant by saying that she was being used... it was true that Tessa had NOT been terribly eager to answer her questions. Note to self, she thought to herself, Grill Des about all of this when Tess isn't looking... nicely of course. She really didn't know what to make of what had happened to night, but she HAD shown the Pack werewolves what she was capable of.

She had to admit it, the two rogues made a cute couple...they seemed to be so much in love. She grinned at Ziva. " You are a lucky girl," She said," Guys like that" she indicated Tioga," are rare these days... you do right by him." Seeing the two of them together... it made her almst wish that she had a guy to care about and treat her like that. It was true, Kirin had a sensitive side that few people ever got to see, and those who did saw it seldom. She had to keep up her "tough chess player" reputation, after all, besides which, as she had already said, good guys were rare.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Tioga glared at Tessa orderign everyone around, but recognized that the wolf who made some sense was in serious danger. He lifted the man's shoulder onto his own and glanced at the soldier.

"Why would we want to use the brown-haired girl? I'm a rouge and I like it that way. Two's company, three's a crowd. Don't you know that? I like it just how it is now. Me and Ziva. Oh god why did all these people have to ruin this....." he said, his tired, sunken eyes staring at the moon. Suddenly it hit him.

Oh no... No no no no no no. Tommorow? God. The full moon.

Tess and him finally hauled the man to the clearing. He noticed Tess staring at him. She looked confused. She walked over to him and spoke in a hushed voice.

"Your eyes. They-they're not quite gold today. They almost look brown. They were gold before. Strange," she said, noticing the small blue flecks that were not there yesterday. She quickly walked over to the tall and elite qroup of wolves. Standing in the midst of them was an young, shaggy wolf, his eyes a pale blue. The Alpha. Tess quickly bowed. He transformed into a german man with short scruffy, blond hair and peircing eyes.

"Why is Skry in this condition? What happened. Who is he? Your lastest boyfriend?" he said, his eyes taunting her, but at the same time daring her to do something about it. TIoga, of course, was the first to object.

Tioga glared at the young man, who looked to be in his early twenties. This was the Alpha? He was unimpressed. And to make such a vile comment. Him, go out with HER? Never.

"Her? You underestimate me. I am offended. I have a much better girlfriend, thank you, and I am no recruit either. I am merley helping you secure a wounded member of your pack," he growled, his eyes flashing. The small specks of blue seemed to grow brighter.

"Thank you," Ziva said in reply to Kirin's comment with a small smile as she walked with the other girl. "Would you believe that we've only known each other for a few days?" Des stayed silent during the conversation since it didn't involve her. Once they reached the clearing behind Tessa and Tioga, Ziva and Des set the soldier down gently and then stood on either side of him. That was, of course, before Ziva heard the conversation between the Alpah of the pack and Tioga. She saw the latter's eyes flash and heard him growl and walked over to him, placing her hand comfortingly on his arm to try to calm him down a bit.

"I'll report to Tess", said Kirn , and with that she went over to where Tessa stood giving her reports to the Alpha. "We've secured the prisoner", she said indicating the soldier the other two were gaurding. She glanced over to nod her head respectfully to the Alpha of the pack, and also to get a look at the werewolf who was now her boss.

What met her eyes was a tall, proud young man with blonde hair... and those eyes. Kirn had seen eyes like those often enough; intelligent, quick and calculating. Her first impression was that the Alpha would have made a fine chessplayer himself... he had the same feel about him that a strong master might. He akso had look of one who was used to having authority and was confident he knew how to use it. "Sir." she said softly; and then turned to see what Tess would say; unfortunately, her Packmate did not appear to be in a good mood.

Edited by LeopardDragon

((I'm confused. So Skry is KO'd, and everyone is helping him, yes? What happened to Nyko?))

(( He has been captured and has been tied up now, or something by the other werewolves... least, that is what I am thinking.Perhaps that should have been clearer...))

Edited by LeopardDragon

Tessa proudly stood in front of the Alpha. She had much to report.

"Sir, the soldier you see here was trying to capture or use these two,"she said, indicating Tioga and Ziva. "Skry stepped in, telling them the truth about humans. Then I tried to get the soldier to the ground and knocked out, when this hostile wolf rouge pushed me away mid-leap. Then I decided to come back and get Des and Kirin, who I recruited the other day, and left Skry to guard them. When we came back the soldier threw some mustard gas at Skry. I took hold of the situation from there."

"Good job, Tess. You did what I wanted and you got Skry and a soldier. Put the soldier in the holding cells. From what you said, these rouges are hostile and should be put in one too. Separate."

Tioga was forced into a containment cell. The walls were cold and were built into a cliff. He hoped that maybe Kirin would help, she looked like she had some sense and hadn't been corrupted yet. He looked closer at his cell. The walls were rock and the front was a shiny metal gate. He touched it and quickly recoiled. Where he had, his hand showed burn marks. Of course. Silver. How did the werewolves open the gates? How would he get out? Would he get out?

Kirin glanced at Tess, and then looked around to see Des taking the two rogues off to wherever the holding cells might be. Even with her back turned, Kirin could still feel those eyes... the Alpha was watching her, she was sure of that. The question was why...there were several reasons she could think of for this. Perhaps he liked to inspect the new recruits when he met them, OR perhaps he knew of her reputation and was sizing her up as a potential threat. When he spoke, however, his smooth as silk tone and German accent fell like music to Kirin's ears and she turned around to face him again as Tess finished her report.

What a strange day it had been... still she wondered why Ziva and Tioga were big enough threats to warrent being locked up...so far as Kirin could tell they were guilty of nothing but refusing to join the Pack in... whatever they were doing. Kirin decided then and there that she meant to find out what that was; whatever that might take. She spoke to the Alpha. "Sir,..." she chose her words carefully, " I admit that I am new to the Pack, and that I really know very little of what it means to really be werewolf... so pardon my ignorance but if I may ask a question. What have these two rogues done that should brand them as such a threat?

Edited by LeopardDragon

He sighed, and thought about how to word this. She was a new and a valuable recruit; he could not scare her away.

"They showed closeness to our enemy. To a human soldier. It makes them dangerous. If werewolves align with humans there will be a war. Werewolves against werewolves. Brothers against sisters. Mates pitted against each other. We don't want that do we? No. I'll get them to join us, I will. And then they can get out of the holding cells. But before I do anything I must discuss this with the council," he said his eyes searching her. He was looking for pity. Pity for the rouges. If she showed that, well, he'd have to lock her up too. Or keep her busy. He walked down into the mountain that resided here, indicating Kirin to follow. Underneath this mountain was caverns with priceless crystals, where he and his organization got all their money from. And in those caverns was Crystal City, a city no human knew about.

Des took Ziva and Tioga to the holding cells with an apologetic look in her eyes as she looked at them. Once Tioga was put in a cell she put Ziva in another one saying softly under her breath, "Sorry." She then pulled out some gloves, put them on her hands, opened the gate, put Ziva in there, and then walked away after closing the gate again behind her. Ziva smelled the silver but accidentally had her shoulder touch the bars closest to her and she let out a whine. Even in human form she still made the same noises that she made while in wolf form if she was hurt. "Ouch," she said with tears in her eyes and pain in her voice.

(( Hey! I was wondering... ought someone make a charrie form and RP the Alpha.. PG seems to do a pretty good job of it. I mean after all, he is probably gonna be pretty important to the story... maybe give him a name and all of that...))

Kirin followed the Alpha back towords the mountain. Collaboration with the enemy was a serious charge... and although she did indeed feel pity for Ziva and Tioga, her instincts told her that to show it would be a blunder of the highest order. The Alpha was carefully gauging her reaction to all he had to told her and watching for signs of anything other than unquestioning, unwavering loyalty... she could see that, and she could see that here was intelligence equal to any she had matched wits with on the chess circuit... she would have to tread carefully, or her next move could be her last. She would be of no help to them or to anyone if she got herself locked up too, or worse. She did know that she emphatically didn't want war; innocents , both human and werewolf, would be sure to lose their lives if that should happen. Certainly not if it was in HER power to prevent it, and she decided to say as much.

"Sir," she said, hoping to change the subject," I am actually quite new to being a werewolf... this fullmoon will be my first as one. What can I expect then? I have heard so many different rumors, and such... and half of them are conflicting or else probably out and out nonsense." She wondered then, was it wise to be so free with her thoughts... or perhaps the Alpha had that effect on people.

"WOW!"she breathed as she saw the Alpha reach into a crevice in the side of a cliff, hit a few buttons and a secret door opened into the side of the mountain. He glanced at her with a look on his handsome face that told her he expected her to follow him.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Forum Username:Packgoater

Character Name:Adelbrecht means Nobly bright, pronounced AH del BRAIGT

Using a Color?:

Category: Alpha of UK pack

Word of Claw: Halcyon

Pack (if applicable): UK

Background and Reason for Category: He was bitten as a young boy in remote Germany, where legends still ruled. His parents thought he was a demon, for he would change into a strange creature on the full moon and go wild. At the time he was the size of an overly-large dog. They were afraid of him and tried everything to get the "demon" out of him. When he was older, about six, and almost killed the father, they decided something had to be done. The mother took him to a swift river after a hard rain and shoved him in. The water swirled around his head and tried to pull him under. He was pulled out by a fisherman, and later adopted by a kind Irish couple. Little did he know that they had heard rumors of a large werewolf in the remote area and were going to take him to the old Alpha. When he got there he trained from when he was young to be the Alpha's successor. When the old wolf finally died, Adelbrecht had to duel the other betas to the death in order to gain his position.

Appearance (as human [and wolf, if applicable]): As a human: Blond, shaggy hair and pale blue eyes. Handsome chiseled face, no facial hair. Heavily muscled body, yet slim at the same time. As a wolf he has white fur not that different of a polar bear's, which is wiry as if built for cold weather. He has the same blue eyes and is very long and easily the height of the average man, the characteristic build of an alpha.

Introduction:[[a paragraph or two to set the scene of what your character is doing]] I think we already handled this.

He sighed, and thought about how to word this. She was a new and a valuable recruit; he could not scare her away.

"They showed closeness to our enemy. To a human soldier. It makes them dangerous. If werewolves align with humans there will be a war. Werewolves against werewolves. Brothers against sisters. Mates pitted against each other. We don't want that do we? No. I'll get them to join us, I will. And then they can get out of the holding cells. But before I do anything I must discuss this with the council," he said his eyes searching her. He was looking for pity. Pity for the rouges. If she showed that, well, he'd have to lock her up too. Or keep her busy. He walked down into the mountain that resided here, indicating Kirin to follow. Underneath this mountain was caverns with priceless crystals, where he and his organization got all their money from. And in those caverns was Crystal City, a city no human knew about.

Tell me if you think this is okay, or have any ideas to help with his character. I'll start posting as him as soon as one of you guys approves. Edited by Packgoater

((i think it's fine and accepted happy.gif

edit: i had Ziva accidentally hit one of the cell bars on the side, causing her to whine and burn her shoulder if you want to have Tioga ask her if she's okay.))

Edited by Dragonpelt

Tioga heard Ziva's whine. He tried to open the gate again, getting burned again, and sat on the ground.

"You okay Ziva? The gates are silver." He looked up at the moon. It would be full tonight. He shivered at the thought of what would happen to him, of what he would turn into. His eyes were steadily becoming more blue, the gold fading away.

Tessa sat at a bench beside Skry, who was on a bed and being treated. Tess frowned. She hoped he would be okay. He could be obnoxious, but she hated how quiet it was without him. She gasped as he seemed to move. She hoped he would be coming back to his senses soon. Then she could tell him what happened.

Adelbrecht smiled as the door slid open. It didn't surprise him she gasped; all the new ones do. The city was made of crystal. They had carved houses and buildings out of the gigantic crystals, which towered to the top of the cavern. The cavern was lit by soft blue lights, which glittered off the crystals just enough to look surreal, but not enough to blind you. In the center of the city a huge crystal was a mansion, owned by none other than Adelbrecht himself. The city was filled with people, buying and shopping things that were in stores. No one here was human.

Impulsively, Adelbrecht took Kirin's hand and led her down a staircase to the heart of a city. He noticed how the blue lights complemented her eyes and shone on her hair. He grinned, his teeth as white as the glittering crystal.

No. This is wrong. She is a recruit. This is wrong. They'll-they won't like it. They really won't. They might kill her. Or me. Or both of us.

"Yes I'm okay and some of the bars are silver as well," Ziva said in reply with a small sigh and a sniff. She felt like crying since the pain was really getting to her but she didn't. What made the situation even worse was that the full moon was tonight and she usually went crazy during it. She was sort of glad that she was in a cell so that she wouldn't hurt anyone, especially Tioga, but the fact that most of it was silver was bad. If she tried to get out, she would get burned if she hit one of the silver bars instead of the normal steel ones. Edited by Dragonpelt

Kirin was so srunned by the crystal city that, at first she didn't notice the way the Alpha was smiling at her. An entire city of werwolves... Wow just wow!was all she could think for a few moments. "My parents would be amazed at all of this," she said... more to herself than to anyone in particular.

At this point she happened to look back at the Alpha... Kirin almost couldn't believe what she was seeing. Most guys didn't smile at her that way... certainly not ones that important, and had he touched her hand? She knew well enough what that sort of smile meant. Her second had had a crush on her for, well ever since they had been a team, not that she had ever felt anything other than freindship for him. He's the Alpha of the Pack, for goodness sakes... she scolded herself mentally And what are you, a nothing... at least not yet, besides which there are surely plenty of she werewolves far prettier than you.

She turned her attention back to the gorgeous city she knew her parents would never be able to see. She frowned slightly at the thought.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Skry gasped as his eyes flicked open. He found himself on the ground beside Tessa, and he heard her gasp when she saw him. He tried to talk, to ask where he was, but the instant he opened his mouth, he coughed blood. It was unstoppable-the more he tried to stop, the more he coughed. Blood kept gushing from his mouth as he tried to roll over. Oh god, no, please... Skry feared the worst. He hoped he had not inhaled too much gas. His anger towards the soldier who was too cruel to shoot him was overshadowed by the fear of what would happen to him. If Skry had inhaled too much gas, his lungs would liquify. He would not be able to breathe and he would suffocate. He grabbed at Tessa's hand as he tried to talk.

"Help...me..." he choked.

((I'm still not too sure as to what happeded to Nyko.))

((i think he got put into a holding cell like Ziva and Tioga but I'm not sure; just out of curiosity, what timezone do you live in?))

Des had gone straight to her house in the city after bringing Ziva and Tioga to the holding cells. She was now in her basement, in her own cell and was also made of silver. It was to help her stay put so she wouldn't go on a rampage and kill the other werewolves in their city. She had her pair of gloves with her so that when the full moon went away, she would be able to let herself out again without getting burned. She was worried about Skry and wanted to go see if he was okay but it was too close to the full moon to do that now.

((just guessing about the moon; not sure if it is close or not))

((I don't want Skry to die... I like him.... XP Sorry don't have time to post much...))

Tess was shocked and frightened as he started coughing up blood. She needed a doctor. Now. She lay her hand on his shoulder, looked into his eyes and told him she would be back, but not without help. She sprinted in the city, finally arriving at a dark, glittering crystal that was the hospital. She opened the door and looked to the left. Dr. P. Lews, gas-specialist. She ran over to him. Without her saying a word, he ran after her, quickly grabbing a bag pf medications and other medcal supplies.

(( Hmm... I don't know what to do if one has an overdose of mustard gas... I guess I should just make things up.))

When they got back to Tessa's house, where she had lain Skry down, he immediatly told her to get him in a sitting position. He checked his breathing and pulse and a bunch of other things that Tess had no idea why, and he said that he was going to have to stay for a few nights. Tess was a bit uncomfortable about this bit of news, Skry was one thing, but this doctor guy was another entirely.

((it's fine and just so you guys know, I'm leaving today at 12:30 est. time to go to a cousin's high school graduation but won't be back until tomorrow; i give you guys permission to control Des and Ziva if you need them smile.gif))

Adelbrecht frowned as Kirin did so. Was she displeased? Was she expecting something more grand? He let go of her hand and put his hands in his pockets. Maybe she didn't like him. He was surprised at this, for he had women throw themselves at him. Yet, this girl was unfazed by him. Somehow this made Adelbrecht more anxious to have her. He gazed at a LCD screen on one of the walls. Full moon was tonight. This tended to increase his want for a relationship. He wanted to spend time with someone, to trust someone, which, as Alpha, was near impossible as he had been assasinated so many times. But he thought of an excuse. Of course he did. He was the Alpha, able to work words to talk himself out of anything, able to charm his way into anything.

"Kirin, I heard this was your first moon. You might, well, want someone with you. It can be dangerous without. You need someone to call you from the depths if you reach there. If you don't have someone, at any given full moon, your body will get stuck in the middle, in Ochi. You will be any horrible combination of wolf and human. Usually someone with the problem's eyes will change colors, to the color of the moon on the night that they were caught in the depths.

I want to be there for you, to call you from the depths in case. I don't want you to end up like some. Why don't we go in my house. I've done this a million times. I don't go wild. I'm very controll-" he was cut off by a buzzing coming from the LCD screens. Slowly he looked up. The moon was almost in the middle of the night sky. He felt the wolf take over, and he slowly glided into a beautiful white wolf, whose wiry fur seemed to be made of the same pure white as the crystal. No, it seemed to be made of diamond. He sat elegantly, waiting to call Kirin back or accept her as one of the pack, as an Omega. An Alpha falling in love with an Omega. So wrong. So...... right. So different.

Tioga felt waves of nausea. His eyes were icy blue now, the color of the moon. And he shifted. He smoothly slid to Ochi, were he was basically a wolf on hind legs. He smiled thinly. At least he could get out of here. He bent the bars, the silver not harming him on the full moon, and his strength being greatly increased. His eyes were wild and he howled, a snarling, blood-curdling howl that sent shivers all though the air. His human-him tried to take over and suceeded in getting Ziva out of her cage. His jaws were frothing with saliva and he hungered for the blood of others. His howl eminated through the whole cavern, probably alerting plenty of people. And he was smiling. He was much taller than a human and he was about 9 feet tall, small for a werewolf length, but very tall for a human. He wanted the people to come. He wanted their blood. He wanted their bodies lying on the ground. He wanted death.

((@Dragonpelt: Australian Central Time...mate))

Skry groaned as the doctor checked him. He kept choking on the blood that leaked into his lungs. His eyelids lowered a little before he let out a cry of pain. He was being pushed and prodded in his lungs by the doctor, which made him feel worse. The doctor lay him down on his side before turning back to Tessa.

"Keep him in this position and let anything drain out of his mouth. The gas has been breathed out of his system by now, but he has lost a large amount of blood." a shadow crossed his forehead. "I'm not sure if he will make it." Skry, hearing the news, tried to sit upright, tried to call out that he was alright. All he got was a twisting feeling in his stomach and a mouthfull of blood. He fell back down and groaned again. He did not want to die. at least, not this way.

(( the idea here is, for clarification, that Kirin doesn't really know how she feelas about the Alpha JUST yet...))

Kirin realized that sthe Alpha had seen the frown that had momentarily crossed her face, and that it concerned him. "Its... my family," she explained, "I... they are all...," the word caught in her throat, "They are alll humans. There are so many things that they can never ever know about me," she said sadly." Kirin knew that some of the Pack had always been werewolves, and most of their immediate kin were as well.

She reflected on the Alpha's offer, which was flattering; she was sure now that he difinately liked her. "Your offer is a kind one, ' she smiled at him," and I don't mean to seem ungrateful; but aren't wolves likely to talk if we are seen much together?" She knew well enough the kind of gossip that might go around. She had seen that sort of thing plenty of times, and she had no wish to see her name come up in what passed for tabloids among the werewolves. For some strange reason, this thought made her laugh. All the same, she spoke these words carefully, hoping that she had not offended him. Her life had just gotten a bit more complicated. "However", she said with a playful tone, " I would love to see more of the city..."

Edited by LeopardDragon