AbsolutelyAlexis

Behind the Façade

Ziva nodded before watching him go deeper into the woods. When he was out of sight, she turned her gaze on the park and watched all of the children playing. It brought back memories from when she was little and she was doing the same exact thing. Back then, she didn't have to worry about the growing danger of humans not liking her true self; she was just carefree and ignorant of the world around her. She was still watching them when Tioga came back in his wolf form. She quickly glanced at the park to see if anyone noticed him in wolf form but then looked back at him when it was apparent that they hadn't. "What's wrong?" she asked him as she knelt down in front of him and heard his whine.

(( Can the wolves talk in wolf form? If they can, I'll just edit the post or something.) )

Tioga stood on his four legs and brushed up against her. He then walked a few yards in front of her, looked back and then whined, waiting for her to follow him. His ears were flattened to the side of his head, but were not pointing backward in an angry stance. They were more tilted forward, as if he was sad. He looked over at the children being watched, or playing with, their parents. I never got any of that. Lucky children. I hope they never feel the pain of not being allowed to know family. Even though I do posses memories of my mother, she died when I was two. If I ever have children they I will not leave them till I am old and should be dead.

((it doesn't say on the first page if they can or not so you might want to check with Alexis on that; also it says that the werewolves only change during the night of a full moon so you can't change when you feel like it, though I'll have to check with her on that...a few books I've read (all fiction, yes) say that they change when they're hungry, during the full moon, and during desire (*cough* sex *cough*) so it's not only during the full moon that they change but, again, I'll check with her on that and see what she says))

Ziva heard his whine again and saw that he looked said so, she went after him to see what he was so sad about. When she caught up to the point where he stopped and was waiting for her, she looked ahead of them before looking back at him to indicate that he could lead. She had no idea what he had found to make him the way he was now but she figured that it was pretty bad. She hoped that it had nothing to do with the animals in the area because if it did, they would be in trouble and would have to hunt in another area of a neighboring city nearby. As she continued to wait for him o lead the way, she wondered if she and Tioga were the only rogue werewolves in Dublin or if there are others. Well if there are they're not showing themselves, she thought to herself as she waited for him patiently.

((Is Alexis still doing it? She hasn't been on for AGES! Of, course she could be somewhere or be really busy, but her character intrigued me. sad.gif I guess I'll just continue, and if she wants me to correct it later I ))

Tioga raced ahead, pausing only to wait for Ziva. When he finally reached the deer, he gazed at her expectantly. His eyes where hard as he heard a few older children nearby.

"Tommy c'mon! S'not too much ferther up 'ere! I swear I saw 'im! I saw the little guy. 'd our little boxer pup 'ave 't run away!" The bigger of the two shouted, his thick accent slurring.

Tioga sharply looked at Ziva. As he stared at her, he noticed a blur in the background. The little boxer stared up at Tioga, the beginnings of a snarl upon his black mouth. Tioga looked at Ziva once more. What would the boysthink if they saw him? What would the boxer do if he moved?

((not right now but she might be really, really busy so she can't be on; i wish other people would join, though sad.gif))

Ziva ran after him until he reached a group of deer that looked to be sick. She grew sad upon seeing the sight and looked back at Tioga. She noticed his gaze grow sharper as he looked at her and wondered why that was just as she heard the growl. She looked away from Tioga to see the boxer that the boys up ahead were looking for. She hesitated a bit, not wanting to move although she could have since she wasn't in wolf form like Tioga was. She broke her hesitation and walked up to the dog and said as she knelt down a few inches away from it, "It's okay he won't hurt you or your owners. Come here and I'll take you to them." She spoke slowly and clearly so that the boxer would trust her and go to her but she wasn't sure if it would or not.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((I know! I hope if I can get some people to finally approve/critique my RP I can convince them to join this one. I've only got a few critiques so far, so maybe they'll approve it soon.))

Tioga backed away from the boxer as Ziva comforted the little thing. It's body soon ceased to tremble and it tried to lick her hand. The bracken started crashing right by Tioga and Ziva. Tioga quickly dashed behind a bush, his golden eyes barely visible through the dense brush. The first boy emerged.

He had fiery orange hair, and freckles in patches across his face. His teeth were crooked and his clothes scuffed. He obviously didn't live in the best part of town. He was tall and about three inches shorter than Tioga was when he was in human form. He wore a patchy vest, dark pants, and no shoes. He smelled of ale and mold. His mouth was twisted into a permanent sneer and his arching eyebrows gave him the look of a boy who would watch as a bird died a painful death.

The second boy had dark brown hair and very pale eyes. He had a frightened expression and was much younger and shorter than the first. They didn't seem to be related, but they seemed to live in the same sort of area. Both boys were rib-thin and gasped at the sight of deer lying on the ground, uneaten. Then the first saw Ziva. Malice flooded his dark eyes and he pulled a hidden knife from his belt. The second's eyes were scared, but at a glance from the first, he too pulled a knife.

"Get away from me dog now! I mean it! Me and Tommy-well not really 'ommy-'ave killed tons 'o times! Tons!"The big one said. Somehow, Tioga believed him. There was a killer's malice in those pebble eyes, and he held the knife as if he'd used it before.

Not thinking, Tioga dashed out, his teeth flashing. He growled at the taller boy, rage in his eyes. Saliva dribbled from his mouth, adding to the rabid appearance of him. Tioga often had trouble when he was in wolf form. He would often forget the human part of him and act only by wolf-instinct. He leaped on the boy, his teeth sinking into the boy's arm. The boy lashed out with his knife, sinking it deep between two of his ribs. Tioga saw Tommy go in Ziva's direction. He knew that she would have to fend for herself now. He howled, and shoved the boy to the ground. He reached his teeth down for the final bite, the bite in which he would snap the boy's neck. If Ziva was going to stop him or not, that was up to her.

((I know! I hope if I can get some people to finally approve/critique my RP I can convince them to join this one. I've only got a few critiques so far, so maybe they'll approve it soon.))

Tioga backed away from the boxer as Ziva comforted the little thing. It's body soon ceased to tremble and it tried to lick her hand. The bracken started crashing right by Tioga and Ziva. Tioga quickly dashed behind a bush, his golden eyes barely visible through the dense brush. The first boy emerged.

He had fiery orange hair, and freckles in patches across his face. His teeth were crooked and his clothes scuffed. He obviously didn't live in the best part of town. He was tall and about three inches shorter than Tioga was when he was in human form. He wore a patchy vest, dark pants, and no shoes. He smelled of ale and mold. His mouth was twisted into a permanent sneer and his arching eyebrows gave him the look of a boy who would watch as a bird died a painful death.

The second boy had dark brown hair and very pale eyes. He had a frightened expression and was much younger and shorter than the first. They didn't seem to be related, but they seemed to live in the same sort of area. Both boys were rib-thin and gasped at the sight of deer lying on the ground, uneaten. Then the first saw Ziva. Malice flooded his dark eyes and he pulled a hidden knife from his belt. The second's eyes were scared, but at a glance from the first, he too pulled a knife.

"Get away from me dog now! I mean it! Me and Tommy-well not really 'ommy-'ave killed tons 'o times! Tons!"The big one said. Somehow, Tioga believed him. There was a killer's malice in those pebble eyes, and he held the knife as if he'd used it before.

Not thinking, Tioga dashed out, his teeth flashing. He growled at the taller boy, rage in his eyes. Saliva dribbled from his mouth, adding to the rabid appearance of him. Tioga often had trouble when he was in wolf form. He would often forget the human part of him and act only by wolf-instinct. He leaped on the boy, his teeth sinking into the boy's arm. The boy lashed out with his knife, sinking it deep between two of his ribs. Tioga saw Tommy go in Ziva's direction. He knew that she would have to fend for herself now. He howled, and shoved the boy to the ground. He reached his teeth down for the final bite, the bite in which he would snap the boy's neck. If Ziva was going to stop him or not, that was up to her.

((that would be good if you could smile.gif))

Ziva looked up from the dog at the two boys that came up to her and listened to what one of them said saying in reply, "You were looking for your dog and I found him. Are you going to kill me just because I found him or that he came up to me? I'm not going to hurt him nor do I have the intention of doing so." As soon as she said that, Tioga dashed out and, with rage in his eyes, growled at the taller boy and attacked him. The second one came at her with a knife and she dodged, or tried to, since she received a cut on the side of her hip for her trouble. She tried not to wince in pain as she felt the pain from the cut but she did it anyway before attacking him back with a few martial arts that she knew.

Tioga snapped the boy's neck, blood trickling from the knife in between his ribs. He stood over the body, head down, legs braced. He made another failed attempt at standing, and then just allowed himself to collapse. He looked over at Ziva, making sure she was okay, and let out a blood-curdling howl. His black fur was now maroon in color, and sticky. Blood pooling around him, everything became fuzzy. Tioga blacked out.

Tommy ran off with his boxer after he saw his companion's dead body on the ground. Ziva, holding her side, went over to where Tioga was and knelt down beside him, assessing his wound. She gently pulled the knife out and then tore off a piece of her shirt in order to help stop the bleeding. She placed the piece of fabric over the wound and held it there, trying to get the blood flow to stop. She murmured to him, saying comforting things in order to get him to wake up from being passed out.

Tioga's eyes slowly opened. He groaned, and looked at the bandage on him. He struggled to get up, his body too weak to support him much. he finally as able to sit up, resting mainly on his haunches. His breathing was heavy, and his eyes glassy from pain.

"You should rest Tioga," Ziva said as she noticed him start to sit up out of the corner of her eye as she looked around the woods to watch for trouble. "Regain your energy so that you can heal faster." She looked over at him and gently pushed him back down, keeping her hand on him so that he wouldn't get back up. Not that it would prevent him from doing so but yeah. As she kept her hand on his side, she moved her hand through his fur and pet him.

((I'm assuming that a werewolf child isn't always a werewolf right?))Tioga softly growled, started to try to strain against her hand, but soon gave up. He looked at her and then put his head on his paws, slowly being lulled to sleep by her soothing touch. His gold eyes tried to stay open, they truly did, but soon Tioga's eyes fluttered and closed.

Tioga stared at the female wolf through his own golden eyes. Her fur was as white as snow and her eyes were as gold as his own. Her legs were graceful as she walked closer to him and as she did, Tioga saw the signs of aging. She was slightly gray around the muzzle and her ears, paws and tip of tail were actually black. She looked fondly at Tioga, as if she knew him.

"I've been waiting for you. Waiting a long time,"she said with a French accent as she neared even closer. Soon she was close enough that he could see the individual hairs on her muzzle. Something about her seemed familiar. Then it hit him. The accent, the eyes. She was his mother. His dead mother.

He tried to speak, but found he could not. He cocked his head. She smiled. "No, you aren't dead, and yes I am your mother. But how are we both werewolves? I bit you. When you were just a wee babe. I changed you. I wanted a son who would romp with me as a wolf. Not a weak, sickly human. And look at what you have become," her voice was velvet, wrapping around him as if he was a blanket, as she circled him. His eyes hardened. How could she know what it was like to go foster care to foster care, switching homes soon after each full moon. And to think she CHOSE that for him?

"Oh, darling. Don't give me that. If you weren't a werewolf you'd never 'd met HER," She tossed her head pointed below them, where Tioga saw his body asleep and Ziva beside him. He rolled his eyes and looked at his mother.

"Don't try to tell me you don't like her. For the son of a liar, you're not very good at it. Your father was the best liar. Beck. So handsome, living on the streets or not. He told me he was pure human. But no, on the night of the full moon I caught him going out. He changed and was in rage. He bit me. I never saw him again. Beck..., oh Beck," her voice crawled to a whisper as her body slowly faded. Above him a large, but no larger than Tioga, wolf stood. His fur was jet black but his eyes were ice-blue. He stared at Tioga with meaning. But there was something different about him. He was more solidified, his lines more sharp.

Tioga woke up, very startled. He looked at Ziva. At this point, she was his only friend, the only one he could trust. Maybe his mother was right and he did like her, but he wasn't sure as of now. He just hoped that was just a dream, and he had always known his parents were werewolves.

Edited by Packgoater

((yes i think so))

Ziva smiled a little bit as she watched him go to sleep before turning her attention back to the woods surrounding them. Her hand was still moving across his fur as she looked around but then it stopped when she glanced at him out of the corner of her eye, noticing that he was awake. "What's wrong?" she asked him as she saw the startled look on his face as he looked at her. I wonder if it had something to do with a dream that he had, she thought to herself as she waited for him to answer her question somehow while he was in wolf form or for him to turn back into a human to answer it.

Forum Username: earwig

Character Name: Nyko

Using a Color?: Yes-forum gray

Category: Human-against the UK/USA packs.

Word of Claw: Halcyon

Pack (if applicable): None.

Background and Reason for Category: Nyko was trained by his brother (who was in the SAS) in armed combat at a young age. A few years after, his brother died trying to shoot a rougue werewolf who was biting other humans. He wishes to avenge his brother and take down the werewolves at any cost. He has trained with the SAS just like his brother and he can now operate a wide variety of firearms and explosives. His attempts to negotiate with the werewolves have failed, now his only option is to take them down by force.

Appearance (as human [and wolf, if applicable]): Like this.

Introduction: [[a paragraph or two to set the scene of what your character is doing]]

Nyko silently trudged through the undergrowth. The information fed to him by the SAS reported that there were several werewolf hideouts in Ireland, mainly Dublin. He held on tightly to his assault rifle, since it would be the only thing that could protect him if he were to be ambushed. He also carried a few fragmentation grenades strapped to him. he hated using them, though, since they cause more than enough unneccisary attention. He also had one smoke bomb, incase he needed to retreat quickly. He hoped with all his might that he would never need to use it. Retreats were the scariest thing that he has ever experienced. Running away from enemies through a thick fog was unnerving to him. He groaned at the thought before moving through the woods again. What else do I have? he thought. Oh! he remembered that he carried a silver knife with him. It was superstitious that werewolves are vulnerable to silver, but he would rather be safe than sorry. He did not want to lose the knife either, since it was very expensive, and the SAS made him buy it out of his own pocket. Nyko was about to give up his search and turn around before he spotted exactly what he had come for. A wolf. It was far too big to be a normal wolf, and it would certainly not be wandering around Dublin. It was a werewolf. The strange thing was that it seemed dead, or at least unconcious. As he looked more and more he noticed a girl patting him, almost comforting him in a way. Bewildered, Nyko thought about why the girl would be there. She could have been an ally to the werewolves, or even one herself. He knew he could not just shoot her until he found out. He did not want to kill the werewolf, either. If he could capture it, maybe it could give them infromation about the main pack. He decided to approach them and interrogate the girl. He emerged from the undergrowth and walked up to the girl. He tried to make himself look as serious as possible. He stood up straight and took long strides. He also brandished his rifle, hoping that he would not have to use it. He spoke in a deep voice.

"Is that a werewolf? What are you doing with it?"

((i would reply to your intro post but I can't think of anything to say right now; I'll post a reply soon, though))

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Okay, in the rules it says that we can accept characters. I'm quoting her exact words (I love copy& paste): Anyone who is playing at the time may authorize new players. New players may start playing once authorized.

Obviously I may authorize new characters.

I’m not going to make a rule of this, but it may well be useful to have specified colors for each individual characters.

So if you agree I'll authorize Earwig 'kay? He/she's in another RP that I'm also in, and writes well as far as I've seen.))

Tioga jumped at the sound of the unfamiliar voice. He stood up very slowly and painfully, but did not show his weakness even though he figured the man could easily see the bandage on him. His lips curled in a snarl, and the fur on his hackles rose. He wondered if the man saw the carcass of the dead boy on the forest floor. If he did, he didn't show it. His yellow teeth flashed as he slowly walked in front of Ziva. He glared at the man, all pain slowly numbing as adrenaline flowed through his veins. He easily identified the man as one of the soldiers who were against weres by the way he said werewolf. And the fact he wore a soldier's uniform and carried a silver knife kind of helped. There was a new rage in him, he felt as if he had to protect this girl, this Ziva, even though he knew very well she could hold her own and that she would be of more use against the man than he would.

Edited by Packgoater

((oh oops i remember that rule now and yeah it's fine that you accept he/she into the rp happy.gif; I'll post a reply now and delete my ooc post i guess or keep it up and just edit it))

Ziva jumped a bit at the unexpected voice behind her and turned to see who it was. She looked him over and he seemed to be a soldier of some kind since he carried a rifle and a few grenades. She thought about answers to his questions a bit before saying, "No it's not a werewolf; just a bigger than average wolf that lives around here and I'm trying to help it heal while comforting it while it does." She was lying but there was no way that she was going to tell the soldier the truth. She had no doubt that he was carrying a silver knife since she could smell it somewhere on him. Even in human form, she could scent things but not as strongly as in wolf form. Then she noticed Tioga get in front of her and was surprised at first but then the surprise faded, slowly turning into a small smile.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((I am SO glad someone else joined the RP! It seemed as if it was just going to be us for awhile smile.gif ))

Tioga knew that the soldier could tell he was a werewolf. That much damage was already done. But she didn't have to show him that she was either allied with the werewolves, or that she was one. Tioga looked at her apologetically and shifted into a human. A half howl-half scream erupted from him as he contorted into the body of a human. The shift was especially painful because of his wound.

"Well, aren't we in quite the situation here. On one hand we have you, who probably wants to shoot me. On the other, we have her, who never knew I well, wasn't just a normal wolf and will probably want me killed too. So all this ends up in me getting killed doesn't it?" He tilted his chin in defiance, daring the man to attack a young, teen-age boy in front of a "civilian". He hoped this wasn't one of the smart wolf-hunters (that's what Tioga calls them).

Edited by Packgoater

((I'm glad as well happy.gif; thanks for joining earwig biggrin.gif))

Ziva got up after Tioga shifted back to his human form and sighed. Well my lie just went down the drain so to speak, she thought to herself as she gave a small smile and a kiss on the cheek to him to say that it was okay. She then turned her attention back to the soldier, with her arms crossed over her chest and a glare directed at him. She wanted to tell the soldier that they were rogues but then figured that it wold do them no good. He probably was going to kill them anyway even after she said what they were.

((That's OK. It looked as though this needed more people.))

Nyko pointed his gun at the werewolf as soon as he moved. He could not afford to risk anything when dealing with one of these. The girl tried to lie and, embarresingly, he believed it for a second. Of course, he realised how stupid he was when the "Bigger than average wolf" turned into a human, with a sickening cry of pain. He tried to wave his gun around a little to intimidate them, but so far they seemed annoyed at him, which was not what he wanted. He backed away a few steps so he was just out of range of any punch or kick. He had to get down to buisiness now. The last thing he wanted was to shoot them, but he did not want to let them know that. He wanted to drain the most information out of them as he can before he would even try to hurt them. He rested his finger on the trigger and aimed for the boy's head.

"I want you to tell me all you know about the Alpha pack's plans. What are they going to do to the humans?"

Edited by earwig

((okay and yes it did or rather it still does happy.gif))

Ziva wanted to answer the soldier's questions but she didn't want to give away her real occupation which just happened to be a werewolf. The question was also, or so she thought, directed at Tioga since he gave himself away by saying that he was a werewolf. She was supposed to be a civililan, though, she could have said that there was a pack nearby but she didn't know what their plans were. She let out a quiet sigh and looked around at the trees and whatnot that were growing in this part of the woods. As she continued to look around the woods, she sat down and played with the grass in front of her. Her side was hurting her from when the boy's knife had cut her earlier but she didn't show it and she also didn't make a move to make a bandage in order to stop it from bleeding.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Tioga's eyes widened in fear as the man raised his gun to his head. He hadn't thought this young guy to have the guts to threaten to shoot him. Tioga's gold eyes betrayed him, clearly showing fear, and suddenly, pain. It seared up where he had been stabbed. His fear had slowed his rush of adrenaline, and all he felt now was pain. He gripped his side, and was unaware of anything besides his wound. He clenched his teeth, making a sickening grinding sound as he stomached it. He was brought back to the world around him as the man talked.

"I'm from Italy. I just moved here from there. Check my passport. How am I supposed to know anything about a pack, let alone one in Dublin? I'm not a pack person either," He said slowly, his Italian accent thick in his voice. He glared at the barrel of the gun. He felt stupid at having a thought that this man could've been one of the not-so-smart ones. This man looked to be smart and dangerous because of it. He realized how he practically drowned Ziva's lie. He should have kept his mouth shut.

He wished he could fight this man, to tussle with him fair and square. Tioga had already revealed his weak point though. He had shown weakness, something he had sworn to never do, so long ago. Not to mention this man had a gun. Tioga didn't have a single advantage against this man. He hated his eyes right now. They were trying to make him dance with the devil, and during this dance, he couldn't keep up.

((Awesome last sentance, Pack!))

Nyko was silent for a minute after the werewolf-boy answered. He wondered if he was lying to him, but the fear injected into his eyes by his rifle told him that he was too scared to lie. Of course, Nyko would not pull the trigger. He had trained with the SAS but he had never killed anyone, he just shot at targets. There was a force that seperated his finger from the trigger, like there was some sort of mental wall between the two. He stopped thinking about it and turned his attention back to the boy. He believed him and felt no need to check his passport. But he could not just let him go. Instead he turned his attention to the girl.

"And what about you, huh? What do you know about the Alpha pack?"

"I know that there's a pack nearby but I don't know what their plans are," Ziva said in reply to the soldier's question as she turned her attention to him just as he did her. "Now if that's all, I must really be getting home. It's passed my bedtime and I'm tired." With that last part being said, she got up and then started to head toward her house. When she deemed it far enough away from the soldier so that she wasn't in a place that he could see her, she went behind the trunk of a big tree. That was for if the soldier came after her with Tioga but she had an odd feeling that he wouldn't, though it was still a possibility that he would.