mickiloo97

The Moon

The human race is a disease, a successful disease at that. Sadly we are evolving, becoming more attuned with how things beyond out atmosphere work, and like any virus, when this host is dead, we will need to move on. Such is the drive to survive. We are running this planet dry, running out of resources, space, and its affecting our survival drive. The need to spread and move and live is overwhelming. Personally, I'm rooting fora plague that wipes out 30% of the human race if not maybe more just so we have enough space to keep living. I mean if we lived through the black plauge in times as ignorant as when it happened, we can live through a major plague now with all the science and stuff. So I'm rooting for either a plague or zombies so we can maybe see an end to such over population. I'm horrible I know but most humans suck anyways. I mean with how much corruption, pain, and absolute terror we are causing for this planet, its only a matter of time before mother nature or God, or whatever it is simply gets tired of us and finds a way to kill us all off before we reach the moon. Just wait~

Education is the most likely thing to end overpopulation. And it's much less cruel than your perspective.

I beg to differ with your opinion that we would have evolved on the moon were we meant to live there. We did not evolve to live in apartments, yet we live in them. We did not evolve to eat McDonald's, yet many of us do. We evolved to be adaptable animals that could transform our environments to ensure our success. Therefore, if our success means colonizing places other than earth, we should get to it.

Now, the question is, "Do we need to colonize the moon?" At this point in time, no. We can still do quite a bit to save Earth. If we keep using our planet the way we are, however, then, yes, we may need to look at colonizing other celestial bodies in order to survive. That will be a very sad day, though.

I don't think its wrong but why would we need to inhabit the moon? We would have to develop a way for trees, water, and basically life there. We would need a way to get food, unless they would make trips between the moon and earth which would be pointless. So why not stay on earth. Well then there is if the earth is over populated but then the second question appears again about food, water and basically life. I don't know that's why I am not a scientist.

Happy birthday! biggrin.gif

The moon is waaay too small to inhabit. has anyone read life as we knew it, by Susan Beth Pfeffer? That has a lot to do with toe moon...

The human race is a disease, a successful disease at that. Sadly we are evolving, becoming more attuned with how things beyond out atmosphere work, and like any virus, when this host is dead, we will need to move on. Such is the drive to survive. We are running this planet dry, running out of resources, space, and its affecting our survival drive. The need to spread and move and live is overwhelming. Personally, I'm rooting fora plague that wipes out 30% of the human race if not maybe more just so we have enough space to keep living. I mean if we lived through the black plauge in times as ignorant as when it happened, we can live through a major plague now with all the science and stuff. So I'm rooting for either a plague or zombies so we can maybe see an end to such over population. I'm horrible I know but most humans suck anyways. I mean with how much corruption, pain, and absolute terror we are causing for this planet, its only a matter of time before mother nature or God, or whatever it is simply gets tired of us and finds a way to kill us all off before we reach the moon. Just wait~

That is a bit....harsh.

The human race is not a disease, we are simply a species (like all other animals) that has the need to survive and evolve in a way to survive. Saying you want 30% of the population to die is simply cruel, and rather cold hearted. Sure, we come up with dum things (like wanting to colonize the moon *sigh*) but 30% of the population...what? That could go seriously wrong, and what if one of you family members died, would you simply say, "well it's all for the better good".

Anyway, going back on topic, the moon is a wonder thing, but I really don't see why we need to colonize it, many say for extra space, but with a lot of people signing up for going to mars, mars could be an option (even if they can't come back), but sometime's I think we take it a tad bit to far...

Personally, I'm rooting fora plague that wipes out 30% of the human race if not maybe more just so we have enough space to keep living.

Not more. 30% is the ideal percentage of the population for a plague to wipe out (if a person wished for such a plague). Enough to prune the population by a significant amount, but any more and our infrastructure would be overwhelmed dealing with the dead (hospitals, quarantine, mass cremation/burial etc.).

Just a comment on logistics, not morality of the suggestion...