TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Whoever did the tree with the gold dragon topper hugging the base of the tree and blowing bubble up to the dragon topper on top, I just used one of my 9's on your tree. :-) Really cute concept and well done too.

I just came across a beautifully simple tree that used about nine ornaments (plus garland), yet looked really nice. I couldn't help but give it a high rating happy.gif

AGH! NO SCREENSHOTS! D': Don't make _Z_ come in here and lock the thread!

Also, did anyone else see the fish tree? The ornaments were arranged to look like 2 fish underwater, with the clear baubles used as bubbles. Thought it was fairly interesting.

Heeee! Yes, I saw the feesh tree. One of the higher ratings I've given out, just for sheer creativity. I remember thinking that the glass ornaments looked like bubbles when I first got them, but I'd never in a million years have gone on to think, okay, I'll make some feesh! laugh.gif

I'm just coming in to say that last I heard, Murder said that TJ said screencaps of other trees were OK and Z said they were not. Fizzix in the chat thread also said that TJ said they were OK but she has disallowed them in chat. That's all I've heard concerning their validity so far. Has anybody heard anything different?

this was last I heard too

TJ said it was fine z said not too

I am trying hard to read this thread to find out what the final word is dry.gif

I have absolutely no chance. I thought I was all clever for not overcrowding my tree. Pffff. I have seen soooo many trees that are better than mine. There is no way I would have thought to cluster the see-through bulbs as bubbles, or use those same transparent bulbs on top of the opaque ones. I'm impressed. smile.gif Though I still haven't seen anyone use the pickle very cleverly yet... I'm going to have to keep my eye's peeled.

...I'm not the only one with that pickle tradition, am I? D:

From what I've been reading, I feel like I have a chance. Not a lot of people are enamored with the shape-trees, as far as I know, if they don't conform to the tree and are instead just hovering over it.

Mine is pretty simple, but pretty, IMO.

I just want to get an honorable mention pffft

I just saw a well-done Peace symbol... that was pretty cool, I wouldn't have thought of that. happy.gif

So, I've been timing how long it takes me to vote for each tree; on average I'm at about 5 seconds, because I'm a snap-judgment kinda person. But some people probably observe them for longer/have a slower connection, so for simplicity's sake I said we vote for one every ten seconds. That evens out to six a minute, which then becomes 360 an hour. If you divide 8000 trees (TJ just said it was > 8000) then it would take you 22.22 hours to vote for every tree!

Hope you guys have a lot of time on your hands. wink.gif

well, been voting on trees and I gotta say, the ones I've seen so far look pretty awesome. makes mine look like a mess xd.png but I like mine that way no matter what score i get. fun to make trees messy and it's fun to make 'em look nice and organized too but also make 'em look cool.

good luck everyone!

Just gave a nine to a cool multicoloured snake one (the mouth was particularly well done)

Oh gawd, face-trees like me D:

I've seen about 3 or 4 today, a bunch yesterday, and now...this tree that just loaded....first the tree appeared, then about 6 baubles appeared...they made a face D: But they weren't meant to be a face because the rest of the ornaments loaded and just looked like another crowded tree...

I dun liek faces :c

i dont mind if people use the toppers in the tree. as long as they are not all bunched up like a few ive seen. i mainly rate high or medium (above the low numbers) on trees that are well thought up and a little work put into them. even on the ones with a huge amount of stuff. some people like a lot of ornaments on their tree (me). as long as its not all bunched together or off center.

a while ago i saw a tree that looked like it was leaning to the right a little. xd.png

yeah, i also don't like the trees where they've put the dc icon thing and TJ's raptor at the very top, and used ALL the dragons on their trees *i mean, come on, you can clearly tell from the odd leggs and gaps on them that they're toppers!!!* and i just don't like people putting all the DC stuff at the top, it's totally kissing #@%!!!!

"PLEASE PICK ME"

I don't think so. I did that, but because this is a DC tree decorating contest. It's the same as putting a dragon on top. Saying people putting the symbol of the creator of the site near the top of their tree is sucking up is like saying "This person used dragons on their tree, lots of people like dragons here. THEY'RE SUCKING UP TO PEOPLE WHO LIKE DRAGONS!"

this was last I heard too

TJ said it was fine z said not too

I am trying hard to read this thread to find out what the final word is  dry.gif

Won't swear to it, but I believe that this was _Z_'s last post about it in this thread. Could be wrong.

BWAH! Ok, the gay wedding one just made me laugh out loud. Thanks unknown artist, I needed that. :-D

Wow, I just got two trees in a row that had the exact same theme and looked very similar. They were both very good, worthy of 8-10 smile.gif

BWAH! Ok, the gay wedding one just made me laugh out loud. Thanks unknown artist, I needed that. :-D

The one with Nutcracker and gingerbread man? I just saw it, too. xd.png They even put audience and popcorn carpet there. Hilarious.

I just saw the PacMan one too!

Edited by LadyNatasha

The only special tree I've seen was a smiley face. dry.gif

I want the unique trees!

I have a question:

Are winners decided by highest average score or highest total score?

Because total score would mean that a tree placed before more people to be voted upon has a much greater advantage than one that is voted on by fewer people.

Is there some type of system in place to ensure that all trees receive a relatively similar number of voting opportunities or is tree generation completely random?

When a total is drawn up, will statistics of how many voters voted on that tree to make that specific total be known?

my boyfriend fractured his elbow and we were in the hospital for 4 hours, later when we were home watching a movie i was like >_> you never decorated your tree *checks clock* D: it's 12:13

oh well

i worked really hard on mine but i don't have high hopes

i feel bad if i rate low but i've been getting a bunch were i'm just kinda like ehh unsure.gif

most of the ones i've voted i gave around a 5-8

this blue and silver thing is getting old really really fast... all the ones so far I've done have been blue and silver ..... but I'm still rating fair for the work and theme thoughtation (I know it isn't a word, thought put into it is what that means for me).