TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

sad.gif

Oh wow, I just realized that my sister somehow accidentally submitted her tree... completely blank. I don't know how, it wasn't even during the glitch period that she submitted it, but it's completely blank. I don't have the heart to tell her, she was so looking forward to winning...

sad.gif

Maybe if I get something I'll give it to her. smile.gif

Can someone confirm something for me?

I submitted my tree before the 9th but after I hit submit all the decorations came off my tree. I left it thinking it was okay because the tree I submitted would be judged and not the bare tree.

Now I'm reading that whatever people can see after editing has been locked is what will be seen and judged by everyone.

So does that mean my tree is one of those empty ones that people keep seeing and not the one I submitted? sad.gif

If you're logged in, click this link - http://dragcave.net/tree

That should be what your tree looks like to other people right now.

I submitted my tree before the 9th but after I hit submit all the decorations came off my tree. I left it thinking it was okay because the tree I submitted would be judged and not the bare tree.

Now I'm reading that whatever people can see after editing has been locked is what will be seen and judged by everyone.

So does that mean my tree is one of those empty ones that people keep seeing and not the one I submitted? sad.gif

if you view your tree and it is bare, yes that is what is being judged

but don't get too upset, some are giving those high scroes just because

the tree that was submitted was what it looked like when it was locked

submitting was just a way of registering your scroll

Yes, I'm afraid so.

At beginning of the submitting time, there has been a glitch, where trees weren't saved, but resetted all the time. You might have entered your tree during this period, so as you see it on your scroll is as we see it while voting

yes but unfair to the rest of us who've deliberately put ornaments around the tree... They should have been more careful with the ornaments lying around anyway.

I'm talking about the ones where the garland is most of the way below the number rating string. It was stated that if the ornament is faded and outside the box around the tree it wouldn't show up.

Some of the ones I saw must have been the result of a glitch because they were showing up way outside a feasible area if that is true.

It shouldn't have been necessary to put all unused ornaments in the brown area, just outside the box where they become faded.

Unfortunately for a while, hitting the submit to contest button had the unfortunate effect of entering you to the contest... but at the expense of resetting your ornaments to whatever they were last saved as, likely a blank tree in your case <___<;;

It sucked and happened to me as well, but after your tree was 'signed up' for the contest, there were a few more days to fix things, so that's what most people did.

The 'submit to contest' is like a checkbox saying whether or not your final product would be included in the contest.

Whatever you had after editing was finally locked, however, is what actually appeared in the contest.

That's gonna suck. My tree looks exactly as it should and how I believe I submitted it, and I wonder now if other folks' trees that got 1's for supposed non-decoration or that word everyone's been throwing around- katasomethingorother- are being judged unfairly due to a glitch.

If you're logged in, click this link - http://dragcave.net/tree

That should be what your tree looks like to other people right now.

Yeah... my tree has nothing on it.

Just a few decorations on the outside of the tree because that's where they went after I hit submit.

Great. I wish I'd been checking all the posts in this thread now. sad.gif

I have seen too many trees that tried to use all the toppers and garland.........

Also, the recurring silver/blue theme has gotten old. Even the rainbow trees are boring now since I've seen several of them now.

Still haven't seen another like mine yet. *is hopeful* biggrin.gif

Katamari trees -> They literally shoved as much stuff on it as they could.

If they hadn't had a bunch of ornaments on the tree before the glitch, I doubt it would have ended up as a katamari tree after.

Edited for grammar fail.

Edited by Sincerest_Apologies

it's very sad that some people had the glitch and subsequently submitted a blank tree. BUT, there were 3 days after the submit button became available to re-do your tree. i checked my tree every day accordingly. it sucks, but that's the way the cookie... well, you know. that's why you gotta check back, and read the forum for updates on glitches and anything else! but YES, it does kinda suck. tj does his best, though. along with all the other poeple who organize these things!!

I have seen too many trees that tried to use all the toppers and garland.........

Also, the recurring silver/blue theme has gotten old. Even the rainbow trees are boring now since I've seen several of them now.

Still haven't seen another like mine yet. *is hopeful* biggrin.gif

I don't think topper/garland use is a big deal. If you looked for any particular ornament you'd probably find it a lot.

silver and blue theme is beautiful

It is, but I think that at least 1/3 of the trees had a silver/gold/silver&gold theme, and I am getting tired of it.

I agree. The first few I saw I rated highly. But then I keep seeing it repeated over and over and have steadily been rating them lower because of non-uniqueness. I feel bad about it though, they look so nice.

I like how some people placed the glass balls on top of the colid colored balls, gives a nice effect!

Also, I'm so glad I decided to go with Gold/Red tongue.gif Seems it's rarer than some other combinations!

Edited by MollyElizbeth

It's a very beautiful theme.....but after the 50th or 60th silver/blue tree, it isn't so pretty any more.

It is, but I think that at least 1/3 of the trees had a silver/gold/silver&gold theme, and I am getting tired of it.

Well, it was our only option with the garlands and dragons, so I can imagine why.

OMG i just saw a tree that I loved. It had a cat made of ornaments, with the word LOL spelled next to it...

LOLcat FTW

I agree. The first few I saw I rated highly. But then I keep seeing it repeated over and over and have steadily been rating them lower because of non-uniqueness. I feel bad about it though, they look so nice.

Most of the silver and blue trees I've found have been low quality anyway.

I just hope my silver and blue tree doesn't get low ratings; out of all the silver and blue trees I've seen, it's one of the best and I'd hate to get low scores just because others had the same basic theme.

It's kind of like video game genres; just because two games share the same basic premise, with one higher quality, doesn't mean the higher quality one should be rated lowly just because it isn't original.

ROFLMAO!!!! KATAMARI TREES!!!! wub.gif that's the funniest thing i've heard in a while!!!! and just to have the image of a christmas tree, rolling around DC, picking up all errant ornaments!!!! oh my goodness! thanks for that! wink.gif

I know some people have been saying it's not fair to give a low rating on a glitched/bare tree. So I ask you this: Would it be fair if someone with a glitched/bare tree won a prize due to pity votes?

That is all. xd.png

...Still haven't given out a single 10 yet. I don't think I've given a 9 either. I know I gave an 8 or two.

it was so much fun to collect all ornaments and make a 'for my opinion' pretty nice tree

and it's so interesting so see how others decorate their trees, some overload it for my taste a little bit too much, some look like there were messed up (I mean as if the ornaments were randomly thrown over the tree) and some are so amazing, beautiful or cute that I'm a little envy wink.gif that my ideas weren't this good

I've also seen a completely empty tree