Wind-Swept-Canid

WALL-E

I'm not really into kiddie movies anymore (I'm more inclined to watch Terminator, Predator, Sleepy Hollow, or Alien over something cutesy), but when I saw WALL-E for the first time, man I was hooked. WALL-E has restored my hope in Disney. So bloody cute. I never thought two robots could be so adorable. "Evaaaa" xd.png I actually have a WALL-E plush on my headboard xd.png Still have yet to obtain an EVE one.

So, what do you think? I don't think this is a duplicate topic, I searched the multimedia section.

I absolutely adore WALL-E! I've seen it several times, and it just doesn't get old. It is such a cute plot, and the figures are so easy to like. Even the little cockroach is adorable. It's simply a wonderful movie ^^

<3

And cockroach. Goodness I love the cockroach. And the twinkies.

Everything is full of adorable. Everything.

(..) And cockroach. Goodness I love the cockroach. (..)

Ah, so I'm not the only one biggrin.gif It's so cute that the cockroach sits there waiting for WALL-E all the time. And that scene where WALL-E accidentally runs over him, and he just pops right back up .. It really is plain adorable ^^

Ah, so I'm not the only one biggrin.gif It's so cute that the cockroach sits there waiting for WALL-E all the time. And that scene where WALL-E accidentally runs over him, and he just pops right back up .. It really is plain adorable ^^

Aw, yes, that cockroach <3 Somehow, Disney was capable of making an otherwise revolting (in my opinion, that squishing noise they make when they're killed= x_x, plus my general dislike of insects) insect cute.

I'm not really into kiddie movies anymore (I'm more inclined to watch Terminator, Predator, Sleepy Hollow, or Alien over something cutesy), but when I saw WALL-E for the first time, man I was hooked. WALL-E has restored my hope in Disney. So bloody cute. I never thought two robots could be so adorable. "Evaaaa"  xd.png  I actually have a WALL-E plush on my headboard  xd.png Still have yet to obtain an EVE one.

So, what do you think? I don't think this is a duplicate topic, I searched the multimedia section.

Best movie ever. However I disagree with it being a kiddie movie, I believe it should be marketed towards a larger audience.

Edited by Booo

Best movie ever. However I disagree with it being a kiddie movie and I believe it should be marketed towards a larger audience.

Oh, I mean 'kiddie' as in aimed towards younger audiences, but I definitely think it has appeal for older people as well. Not sure it was originally intended that way, though.

It has no dialogue >: Dash can never get past that small little detail whenever she watches this movie. It itches at the back of her mind like a rash. And why is Dash speaking in third person?

Dash does not like this movie because the lack of dialogue disturbs her.

Edited by Dashidragon

Eh...

I loved the first ~30 minutes of it when it was just Wall-E and Eve, the scenery and feel of it was just awesome. After that - a very Americany moralistic story. Birdy no likey.

Eh...

I loved the first ~30 minutes of it when it was just Wall-E and Eve, the scenery and feel of it was just awesome. After that - a very Americany moralistic story. Birdy no likey.

Yeah, that's true. The parts I like most are the parts with just the robots.

COCKROACH BE MINE~

Anyway, it's very realistic besides the space ship. We're building up pollution and advancing in technology. Makes me sad. :<

I think it's pretty impressive that they can make robots so expressive. I think it's a really beautiful movie that I'm happy to watch again and again.

I loved it so much I did not return it to the RedBox I borrowed it from. I just shoulda bought a brand new one, but eh.

I love when they dance, and the computer is talking about dancing.

Such a Sweet movie. (Puns, FTW!)

I think it's pretty impressive that they can make robots so expressive. I think it's a really beautiful movie that I'm happy to watch again and again.

Agreed! It is impressive that they can get the story across, convey feelings and all that, without the use of dialogue.

It has no dialogue >: Dash can never get past that small little detail whenever she watches this movie. It itches at the back of her mind like a rash. And why is Dash speaking in third person?

Dash does not like this movie because the lack of dialogue disturbs her.

I actualy rather liked the lack of dialogu in the movie. I think it shows quite a lot of talent by the animators that they introduced such depth of character in the movie with so few lines actualy spoken. My other half and I were both laughing out loud watching it - and that for me is a sign of a good animation.

I found this movie very interesting in many ways.

It was rather slow in the first parts of the movie, But other than that, 9/10

I think it was very cute, but sad. I didn't really notice the lack of dialogue because WALL-E and EVE saying each other's names is enough to summarize the entire movie. It's sad that humans had to leave Earth though. Very moralistic story.

WALL-E is a movie that doesn't get old. The lack of dialog I find refreshing, it makes everything else become so much more real. I mean, when in life do you have people talking pretty much all the time? Life really is more about what the silence conveys.

I'm 26 and I LOVE this movie. I enjoy Disney, as those are the movies I grew up with, and my kids will grow up with them too.

I loved that Wall-E was based off of Johnny Five. Look up the 80s movie Short Circuit and you'll definitely see the strong similarities between both of their appearances.

There was to me, two storylines in Wall-E. One was the moralistic story of taking care of your planet, taking care of yourself. The second one seemed to be similar to that of the plot of Short Circuit. A robot has some kind of "feeling" or "emotion" and is different from the rest of the other "Wall-E" robots.

If you haven't seen Short Circuit, I highly recommend it. It's a good movie, even being an 80s one. The story is cute, very fun to watch. And, you'll be surprised and go "Johnny Five is the original Wall-E!" biggrin.gif

You'd be surprised how many "WALL-E's" they drew before they settled on that design. Edited by Booo

I'm 26 and I LOVE this movie. I enjoy Disney, as those are the movies I grew up with, and my kids will grow up with them too.

I loved that Wall-E was based off of Johnny Five. Look up the 80s movie Short Circuit and you'll definitely see the strong similarities between both of their appearances.

There was to me, two storylines in Wall-E. One was the moralistic story of taking care of your planet, taking care of yourself. The second one seemed to be similar to that of the plot of Short Circuit. A robot has some kind of "feeling" or "emotion" and is different from the rest of the other "Wall-E" robots.

If you haven't seen Short Circuit, I highly recommend it. It's a good movie, even being an 80s one. The story is cute, very fun to watch. And, you'll be surprised and go "Johnny Five is the original Wall-E!" biggrin.gif

Was that deliberate then? I spent half the movie muttering "Johnny Five is alive!" to myself under my breath!

I second the recommendation to anyone else that hasn't seen Short Circuit. It's a great movie (althought I may be biased - it's one of the ones that I grew up watching).

Actualy, thinking about it, Auto is also rather reminiscent of Max in Flight of the Navigator. Yay for 80's movie references!