chickenhound

Minecraft!

They have no reason to do it - they only raid forums where there are idiots.

and they hate justin beiber laugh.gif

honestly minecraft seems like a game 4chan would support, in my opinion

maybe it's another random game maker that is angry that notch is a success

and they hate justin beiber laugh.gif

honestly minecraft seems like a game 4chan would support, in my opinion

maybe it's another random game maker that is angry that notch is a success

Encyclopaedia Dramatica calls it a game for "asspies" so I doubt they'd like it -that- much. Then again, it IS ED. I get the feeling they secretly like it (like everyone else) and just won't admit it. They wouldn't actively attack Minecraft - they have no reason.

At any rate, next chap of my fanfic is up! andrespade245.deviantart.com

just discovered what looks like cobblestone in a small cave under my strip mine.

Only problem is, it doesn't look like it forms the square shape of the dungeon I unearthed earlier. It's next to a waterfall.

i had to dig into my first dungeon in a diagonal up direction

i was scared

as for the whole attack thing

it doesn't make sense to me....they say that they are attacking cause he isn't updating as fast as they want....but he has to take time out of working on the updates to deal with them so they are making him more behind which just makes them suffer huh.gif

I'm currently waiting for the halloween update before I start playing again. It looks like that will be a huge update. With some major changes, including a lot more monsters.

just discovered what looks like cobblestone in a small cave under my strip mine.

Only problem is, it doesn't look like it forms the square shape of the dungeon I unearthed earlier. It's next to a waterfall.

There's a lava flow nearby. When lava and water meet, it creates cobblestone.

There's a lava flow nearby. When lava and water meet, it creates cobblestone.

Well to be specific, obsidian is created if water touches a lava source block. if it only another part of lava then its cobblestone. I'm pretty sure that is how that works.

Well to be specific, obsidian is created if water touches a lava source block. if it only another part of lava then its cobblestone. I'm pretty sure that is how that works.

Yeah, that's how it works. Sorry, I should've been clearer.

I was wondering how he would make his ghasts. Too bad I haven't found any obsidian on my current map!

as long as you have lava and water you can make a little obsidian making area

i did this but you need a diamond pick to destroy it

stupid lava stole my diamonds, i've only found one since then

after mining until I couldn't mine any deeper because there were nothing but caves everywhere, and nothing in those caves, and only finding three iron ore, I have made a boat, and next morning I will be setting out to travel by water as far as I can to see what I can find. Leaving plenty of supplies in my house at the starter point in case I'm killed on my adventures. If I find anything special, I'll try to find my way back.

Specifically, I want redstone or diamonds. The redstone will allow me to make a compass that will let me store my findings by my starter area, and the diamonds will let me make better stuff.

Edited by Layn

I made a house a little ways away from my starter point, on a cliff sorta... and no monsters have come to get me. So, I dug around a bit, tons of coal in my house everywhere xd.png , found six huge caves with more coal and iron ore, made a few different "escape routes" to get out of my house if a monster should come in and currently I'm in the process of making bridges to all the other cliffs around with dirt (way too much dirt... 18 large chests full of 64count dirt blocks...) and a couple "fire towers" so I don't get lost like I did just the day before when I didn't realize how much coal was in my house and went looking for it.

good times...

Edited by Dragonhatchling

ah,love this game.I made this really tunnel in classic creative mode with a bride at the end of it.the bridge killed the grass under it...whaa...lol

I got my dad to get me alpha but hasn't bought it yet.

and those ghasts sound scary...and obsidian seems hard to get.carp.

Bad video card drivers!

-----------------------

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.

This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------

Generated 10/24/10 2:46 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft Alpha v1.1.2_01

Java: 1.6.0_21, Sun Microsystems Inc.

VM: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.

LWJGL: 2.4.2

[failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:185)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:311)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:196)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:554)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--- END ERROR REPORT fd874940 ----------

great.now what?

EDIT:nvm,i figured it out.

Edited by bmrjw

buckets you need iron you go bottom middle and middle left and right

as for doors i know the wooden one is 2 columns of wood

i guess for metal doors it's the same

Edited by darkshadow5392

I spent all day today crafting a cliffside house. Three floors, made entirely out of glass and stone. Waterfalls on either side, one of which feeds into a river which leads to the ocean and my harbour and lighthouse. The third floor opens up onto the mountain top with a balcony and another lighthouse (I just had too much glass). There's also a nice candle-lit walk from the harbour to the house and I'm looking for reeds to start a farm.

Oh, I'm also growing a forest. Just 'cos.

http://s516.photobucket.com/albums/u328/Kjakings/Minecraft/ Here are pikshurs!

Edited by Kjakings

how do make a furnace?

stone in everything but the middle

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting <-- good resource for people

so anyone that has read through this topic should know that my mortal enemy is lava (is it immortal or mortal i don't know)

my game file decides it wants to screw with me every chance it gets

user posted image here is one of the MANY lava lakes it decided to spawn -.-

i believe there are at least 3 around this size or bigger, and many lava ponds

Edited by darkshadow5392

i believe there are at least 3 around this size or bigger, and many lava ponds

You say this like it's something bad.

I'd murder someone to get that much accessible lava. That right there is a magnificent obsidian-adorned palace in potentia.

Yeah, just use some buckets of water on the lava. It's not all that bad, just make sure to plant torches once you get rid of the lava.

randomly generated a new map to check it out. my spawn point is an island of clay.

unfortunately there is nothing else even remotely near me. I am now building a bridge from the clay-island to an island with trees, then going to build from the island with trees to a promising looking cliff to get stone.

Edited by Layn

laugh.gif

when i started my map i was like "i will try to keep the lava and water how they are" so i've been trying to build around them

i have a obsidian making room upstairs in my house, bucket of lava, bucket of water, over and over,

the problems is unless the water hits it just right it just turns to cobblestone : /