chickenhound

Minecraft!

tunnel was invaded by skeletons ._. now my house is a tiny dirt house. Trying to find coal so I can add some windows.

Found another awesome video on Youtube, so I'm posting it here for everyone to see. happy.gif

tunnel was invaded by skeletons ._. now my house is a tiny dirt house. Trying to find coal so I can add some windows.

you dont need coal for glass just a furnace some wood and some sand

so apparently when the game gets updated next he want's to make toches burn out over time and put in lanterns?

but any placed torches will turn into lanturns so if you have extra torches just place them in your main room for free lanterns biggrin.gif

you dont need coal for glass just a furnace some wood and some sand

ooo, cool, thanks. My house now has glass.

how do I find anything other than coal, gravel, iron, stone, dirt, sand, and wood? The alpha single player map leaves much to be desired... every island is the same.

>_< and now my new home has a new.... natural.... lightsource >_<

Edited by Layn

ooo, cool, thanks. My house now has glass.

how do I find anything other than coal, gravel, iron, stone, dirt, sand, and wood? The alpha single player map leaves much to be desired... every island is the same.

>_< and now my new home has a new.... natural.... lightsource >_<

you have to dig deeper into the earth's scary chambers

take torches or else you'll be brutally slaughtered by monsters D:

Man... I want for survival mode deeply, and you guys aren't helping. >:U

Ah, well... I suppose creative mode is good for practicing house-building. Which reminds me- The "house" I've been working on in creative mode is a multi-story underground house, currently with glass skylight and dirt/grass ceiling. The walls are wood, and the floors are stone. It's contained, other than one little hole which leads off to a huge tunnel system that was already there. In survival mode, would this be a feasible base? I know I'd have to close off the tunnels to prevent monsters from getting in...

I'm such a freakin chicken.

I keep trying to mine but I the MOMENT I hear a sound I go all "Oh hell no" and get the hell out XD;;

I also have trouble keeping interest in all my save files.

Any advice for playing Minecraft on a Netbook? I have to go to the bare minimum graphics-wise and frankly it's quite annoying.

I forgot about the censoring :|

Bah. Made it more happy rainbows.

Edited by pokemonzoo

you have to dig deeper into the earth's scary chambers

take torches or else you'll be brutally slaughtered by monsters D:

so far digging deeper has found me more iron. will keep trying though... atl east the stone is helping me build a castle. 4 blocks high and counting.

well i know my friends found out that if you pour water on lava you can make obsidian but it's really hard and takes awhile to mine

lets see underground there is gold, diamonds, redstone(for switches)

umm i'm forgetting one...

-__- my old foe has struck me again

awhile ago while digging i uncovered one spot of lava (there is a lot all over my caves D:) and it glitched me into it and destroyed everything i had, my first and only diamonds included

well i was venturing into that area today and i just up a sign saying "Death Rock" next to it, well i was walking back by it after and the lava decided to shoot me through the rock

*grumble grumble* i hate that spot

Edited by darkshadow5392

I'm experimenting to see if I can create natural lighting for the lower levels of my tunnel base by channeling lava.

By the time I'm done building my stone house the quarry will be bigger than the house!

I'm experimenting to see if I can create natural lighting for the lower levels of my tunnel base by channeling lava.

By the time I'm done building my stone house the quarry will be bigger than the house!

I've found that it's possible, you just need a LOT of lava.

you can also hunt down reeds and use them to make paper which can be used to make books which can be used to make bookshelf blocks

you can also hunt down reeds and use them to make paper which can be used to make books which can be used to make bookshelf blocks

Yeah but they're just aesthetic - they don't really do anything.

so a skeleton somehow found its way into my giant house, and since I hadn't moved in yet, there are no torches inside. So the house is sheltering the skeleton during the day, making it difficult for me to work on it with the arrows flying at me every time I go inside.

How do I chase it out?

so a skeleton somehow found its way into my giant house, and since I hadn't moved in yet, there are no torches inside. So the house is sheltering the skeleton during the day, making it difficult for me to work on it with the arrows flying at me every time I go inside.

How do I chase it out?

Whack some blocks out of the roof to let sunlight in, wait for skeleton to burn, reclaim house.

Alternatively, make a stone sword and some leather armor and bumrush it.

Im not sure where else to place this but

It is not a good idea to display dragons in your sig in the fourms there inless you dont use any hatcherys and watch them like a hawk they can accumulate views in large deadly sperts i lost 5 experimenting with my sig so yea..

SO. I played the classic mode and built a small house, and I've decided to buy the game! I think I'll try out an easy survival mode first, any tips?

Build beacons so you don't get lost. Trust me, it's VERY easy to get lost, with the infinite map and all.

Make sure to have plenty of food.

When it's daytime, get out of your house and look around for creepers.

Don't dig above yourself. Gravel might fall down on you and kill you.

Keep your mines away from water.

That's about all I have right now.

Ohai, I come back to the dc forums and I'm greeted by a minecraft thread.

I've built an automated cacti farm, a house with 5 layers of cobblestone protecting my chests from creeper attacks, an underwater house, a farm, a platform where I store most of my things, a minecart system controlled by redstone, a boat elevator and a glass path in the sky that links my house to a distant island (or continent, I'm not sure). According to Cartographer (a mapping program) I've used ~500 redstone and ~1000 torches.

Also, for those of you who want to try a very primitive alpha (there's no crafting, the mobs are different, no day/night cycle): http://minecraft.net/survivaltest

Premade survivaltest level: http://minecraft.net/survivaltest/index.jsp?user=Sniper&id=1

Edited by INsanityPenguin

SO! I got the game this morning, and I've been playing it as much as I can! I currently have a house built into a cliff that has a really deep mine, lots of glass walls, and is overall cool. I'll get some pictures later!

EDIT: Also, does anyone have any tips for finding clay and redstone?

Edited by soupnazi

Also, does anyone have any tips for finding clay and redstone?

for clay build a boat and ride around the shores to find it

clay only appers near both sand and water (its also looks almost identical to smoothstone)

redstone tends to hang out at the same levels as diamonds so you have to dig quite deep

any tips on how to find higher concentrations of iron?

lol made a new world purely for dungeon exploring..... and EVERYWHERE I LOOK there are cave entrances! One cave even has zombies in it, i can tell because I hear them moaning as I make my little shelter

Edited by Layn

for clay build a boat and ride around the shores to find it

clay only appers near both sand and water (its also looks almost identical to smoothstone)

redstone tends to hang out at the same levels as diamonds so you have to dig quite deep

Thaaanks! I had no idea where clay was, but I did look at the wiki page for redstone and found out how deep it was. I'm currently taking my mine really deep in hopes of finding some. Say, just how far down is the bedrock?

Awesome! biggrin.gif But do you wanna see some stuff that'll really blow your mind?

This is an EPIC trailer like thing that shows more stuff about the game:

A super geek is trying to build a super computer...or some sort of computer anyway:

And another geek is building THIS:

I won't spoil this one, but it's got a surprise twist:

that last one's good!!!!! xd.pngxd.pngxd.png

although from what I looked up, this works on a mac right? just checking, cause I want this so bad! but first I have to persuade my parents... now if only they could be persuaded fast like that little surprise video ending xd.png