chickenhound

Minecraft!

hmmm.

Any tips on dungeon exploration? Items to bring, etc?

Edited by Layn

hmmm.

Any tips on dungeon exploration? Items to bring, etc?

I've never actually tried that, but I'd think lots of torches, lots of healing supplies, and lots of tools.

Also, this may have been posted before, but coming in the Halloween update torches will be temporary and relightable, and lanterns will be the new permanent thing. However, all torches will turn into lanterns, so if you want free lanterns place all of your torches on the 29th or 30th!

So it would be most advantageous to me if I got the full version sometime before Halloween... Quick question about torches: How are they obtained? I'm guessing that you craft them or something, but I'm playing the Survival demo so I can't test that theory.

So it would be most advantageous to me if I got the full version sometime before Halloween... Quick question about torches: How are they obtained? I'm guessing that you craft them or something, but I'm playing the Survival demo so I can't test that theory.

You put one stick on the bottom and one lump of coal right above it, and that'll make 4 torches.

Does anyone have tips for finding iron? My world has, like, none. And I wanna make mine cart tracks!

Does anyone have tips for finding iron? My world has, like, none. And I wanna make mine cart tracks!

Strip mining? I don't have any other ideas, sorry ^^;

Say, just how far down is the bedrock?

I dont really know but I would say its 64 blocks down from sea level as you can only build up to 64 blocks in the sky from sea level

Strip mining? I don't have any other ideas, sorry ^^;

What's strip mining?

I've managed to find enough metal to make a track from my house to my new mine-the only problem is that I don't have enough metal to create boosters so it's only one way.

What's strip mining?

I've managed to find enough metal to make a track from my house to my new mine-the only problem is that I don't have enough metal to create boosters so it's only one way.

pretty much mining everything in an area from the surface down, instead of making a tunnel system

i personally start a tunnel in my house and keep making a stair case that is about 2x2 before the next step

eventually i hit a cavern in which i spread out in different directions based upon the tunnels linking it

so

___ ____________ ____

.....l ____________ l.......

___l____________l__

instead of

____________________l ...l______

________________l ..........l_______

____________l...............l___________

_________l.................l_______________

what does the sound of a train in the distance mean?

Where did you hear it? And what train noise? It could be a pig, their oinks are kinda odd, or if you're in a cave it might be one of the ambient noises.

there are so many cave systems under my house D:

i wouldn't mind it, except it gives me a heart attack everytime i move a block to find a path that splits 3-5 ways T__T

then i try to block them all but one while i torch that path, only to find more paths

i need to make signs i'm gonna get lost ._.

AND THERE IS SO MUCH LAVA!!!

i hate lava it stole my only diamonds -.-

Where did you hear it? And what train noise? It could be a pig, their oinks are kinda odd, or if you're in a cave it might be one of the ambient noises.

sitting in my house

You probably heard one of the

, I'm guessing #1 or #11. They play from unlit, enclosed spaces, so you may have an unexplored cave below your house.

there are so many cave systems under my house D:

i wouldn't mind it, except it gives me a heart attack everytime i move a block to find a path that splits 3-5 ways T__T

then i try to block them all but one while i torch that path, only to find more paths

if you find yourself getting lost then here is a tip going around the minecraft forums for not getting lost in tunnels

what to do is mark the tunnel leading towards the exit there are three ways to do this

a. mark the tunnel you came into the crossway with redstone torches

b. mark the tunnel with an archway of cobblestone

c. only place your torches on one side of the tunnels so you can keep track or which way you have been going (has a small failure rate if the tunnels loop back around)

well i can navigate by landmarks

my problem is that my cave has a tendency to make caverns at wierd places

say i'll travel one direction in my cave, then i have to make a path to get to the room in the left, once there i find a room above me to the right, next to me on the right, and to my left

i follow one of these paths to find more rooms, and they always need to have staircases made to get up or down

so on my return trip to my main tunnel i'm looking at them from ---> angle, while i had walked into the room looking at <--- angle and with the new additions of stairs it gets confusing

there is a big lava fall that goes through 3 rooms below it biggrin.gif

there was coal on the opposite side of the fall from me so i blocked it up, ran across got the coal to find a room on the other side, which i connected to the room down in front of part of the lava fall and reopened the fall

so much lava in my house D:

OH GOD I was just digging in my tunnel and I heard a high pitched sound (I think it was one of the cave noises) AND I AM SO SCARED RIGHT NOW.

I was using an inventory editor, and it glitched when it saved. I opened up the map, and it was THE COOLEST MAP EVAR. biggrin.gif That's the setting for the fanfic I'm working on :3

The site's down... me no get download parents said they'd pay for... dang it. ... something called a servlet exception...

500 Servlet Exception

[show] java.lang.RuntimeException: No free connections!

yeah... what's that mean? unsure.gif

apparently too many people are trying to play on the browser version at once?

well now it's just plain down... .... well, there's always next week to try and get it -__- that'll be a chore to convince my parents... eh, what's we gonna do right? I know, wait.

yea the official minecraft forums are all in a tizzy someone attacked the site! and half the forum thinks it was 4chans doing

yea the official minecraft forums are all in a tizzy someone attacked the site! and half the forum thinks it was 4chans doing

They have no reason to do it - they only raid forums where there are idiots.