chickenhound

Minecraft!

"I will stay away from popular fandoms", I said.

"I don't think I will feel good navigating through a 3D sandbox", I said no idea how long ago.

Call me a Slowpoke but I've just recently got the game. It's great, I've lost my way back home so many times it's already hilarious, built myself two houses and I'm considering building a third one no idea why.

Buuut... Am I the only one here not feeling affected by modding issues? I don't even WANT to use mods aside from some texture packs (good reccomendations please? I like realism), I just... am not done with vanilla just yet. I like how it is now.

I don't even visit multi severs because I'm way too shy and hesitant to meet the community at all, I've heard it's gotten pretty bad ;/ Tiny wee lan parties for me.

I have been playing Skyfactory with my husband. I started the world, invited him by lan, kicked it up to a server (private) Crashed it, went to FTB, porting the world over, and I have been building while he collects resources via his machines.

You start off with one block of dirt and one tree.

user posted image

The base has gone through multiple evolutions to get to this point - and is still evolving. I only have one great wheel up, I need one more.

Needs a zeppelin type gassbag

don't tempt me... I could do it too.... *eye twitch*

user posted image

My husband and I sitting at a crystal ball.

I recently bought the ps4 edition, and I want to know is it possible to find sea temples?? I've like searched my map forever with my friends and I just can't haha

I recently bought the ps4 edition, and I want to know is it possible to find sea temples?? I've like searched my map forever with my friends and I just can't haha

It might seem so.

Anyone else here play on the Beanblockz server? (If ya do, I'm PlaceboFeelings, or Feral. so yeah, maybe I'll see someone on there xd.png)

I recently got back into playing minecraft, on that server. I decided to be a little more creative and not just build a boring old rectangular portal. wink.gif

user posted image

it sucks don't it >.>

I also built a blacksmith, but I don't have a picture for that. I'm trying to create a medieval village/community, but I keep just giving up and restarting and giving up over and over. xd.png

I've been trying to set up a modded public server for me and my friends to play on (My dad has some suitable hosting computers), I've managed to make it run (*grumbles at Windows*), but it crashes my client when I join. I have the correct mods on my client. I have the server version of Forge installed, as well as the client version.

After removing two mods that my brother says are client-side only (damage indicators and material detector), my client (on a different computer, inside the same network) now can't connect to the server, even though it's up. -.-

Does anyone have any ideas?

Did you look at the crash report? You could also post a Pastebin link with the whole thing and I could have a look.

As far as your Forge installation, did you mean that you have both the client and server versions installed on your client or server, or that you have the client version on your client and the server version on your server?

Client-sided mods shouldn't be a problem at all.

Currently playing newest snapshot. I feel woodland mansion is too rare for me.

Super late response, woooo.

It IS meant to be somewhat rare. I had to wander 8000+ blocks to get to mine. Like, understandable, the structure is MASSIVE and in my opinion it's the nicest generated form we currently have, the amount of various materials and room combinations is just outstanding. The strong residents who do NOT respawn, high-tier loot and the ability to actually make the mansion your base without changing much are a cherry on top. 100% worth the effort in my opinion.

However, I do, too, wish it spawned somewhere closer to my home. I may actually build one for satisfaction sake, why not.

"I will stay away from popular fandoms", I said.

"I don't think I will feel good navigating through a 3D sandbox", I said no idea how long ago.

Call me a Slowpoke but I've just recently got the game. It's great, I've lost my way back home so many times it's already hilarious, built myself two houses and I'm considering building a third one no idea why.

Buuut... Am I the only one here not feeling affected by modding issues? I don't even WANT to use mods aside from some texture packs (good reccomendations please? I like realism), I just... am not done with vanilla just yet. I like how it is now.

I don't even visit multi severs because I'm way too shy and hesitant to meet the community at all, I've heard it's gotten pretty bad ;/ Tiny wee lan parties for me.

Another super late response here:

Modding the game is super fun once you find the right mods or modpacks, if you get bored of vanilla you should try Feed the Beast. Even if you don't want more content there's small mods that just improve the vanilla experience, like if you're more of a creative mode player you should try single player commands as it adds worldedit to singleplayer (it's a tool that makes building things WAY easier, with commands that can do things like fill in the walls for you or copy a pattern over and over or simply rotate an entire building).

As for multiplayer, I do agree that the community has gone a bit downhill, but there's still some servers with really good communities. Maybe I'm a bit biased towards the server I run and the servers I've played on, but I've found that small (5 - 20 people) anti-grief servers tend to have really close and really nice communities. It's really just a matter of finding the right one, which sadly can be quite hard.

Another super late response here:

Modding the game is super fun once you find the right mods or modpacks, if you get bored of vanilla you should try Feed the Beast. Even if you don't want more content there's small mods that just improve the vanilla experience, like if you're more of a creative mode player you should try single player commands as it adds worldedit to singleplayer (it's a tool that makes building things WAY easier, with commands that can do things like fill in the walls for you or copy a pattern over and over or simply rotate an entire building).

Oh yeah! I'm definitely looking more into landscaping mods like WorldEdit, something that doesn't change the core of the game itself. I've been considering it for a while, I kind of want to hop into mega building... that is, once the burn-out lets go off me, I've tried to build a fancy skyscraper the classic creative mode way and of course I had to get stuck on the ground floor because I might have miscalculated some proportions and fixing that may take a while. d: Go, me.

Edited by Light Concorde

Oh yeah! I'm definitely looking more into landscaping mods like WorldEdit, something that doesn't change the core of the game itself. I've been considering it for a while, I kind of want to hop into mega building... that is, once the burn-out lets go off me, I've tried to build a fancy skyscraper the classic creative mode way and of course I had to get stuck on the ground floor because I might have miscalculated some proportions and fixing that may take a while. d: Go, me.

This is sadly not a mod and you need at least a local Spigot server to use it but another great tool you may enjoy is VoxelSniper, it has WAY better terraforming and landscaping tools than WorldEdit does and you can use it to make some pretty cool landscapes or even a giant evil statue if that's more your thing.

But the good thing about having a server for this is that there's a TON of other building tools that don't change the vanilla game! Things such as tools that let you pose armor stands VERY easily to add all kinds of minor details or even have your own custom giant maps without texture packs or having to build each tile in the world. If you do ever get interested in doing this send me a PM and I'll be happy to help.

As for mega building and skyscrapers, WE makes this very easy as you can just build 1 floor and //stack it up as many times as you need.

Oh Jesus I'm going too far again.

Here's some more mods that don't change the vanilla experience but add tiny little helpful things to it:

WE CUI: lets you visualize your WE selection, even the weirder types like poly

Journeymap: Not sure how updated this is, but it's a minimap mod that also lets you set waypoints in your world and teleport to them (if cheats are enabled) when you click them

Macro/Keybind: Lets you set up command scripts, run a command when something happens, make buttons in your chat window that you can click to run commands or just bind a command to a button

Edit because I just remember one more: If you want to do MASS landscaping, and by MASS I mean literally an entire world, check out WorldPainter, that doesn't require a server.

Edited by Articray

Super late response, woooo.

It IS meant to be somewhat rare. I had to wander 8000+ blocks to get to mine. Like, understandable, the structure is MASSIVE and in my opinion it's the nicest generated form we currently have, the amount of various materials and room combinations is just outstanding. The strong residents who do NOT respawn, high-tier loot and the ability to actually make the mansion your base without changing much are a cherry on top. 100% worth the effort in my opinion.

However, I do, too, wish it spawned somewhere closer to my home. I may actually build one for satisfaction sake, why not.

Another late response.

But some of those conditions are can also applied to ocean monuments. But it was more common than woodland mansion. I just wanted it has similar rarity with ocean monuments.

...I'm playing newest snapshot as well. In these version, they said parrot was added and they could be found at jungle biome but I couldn't found none of them in wild. (I know they can be spawned with spawn eggs in this snapshot though. mellow.gif)

Edited by sh20000sh

I see no one has added anything to this thread in a while. Is anyone still playing? I've been on a Realms server with some friends but lately no one plays but me and I'd really rather waste time with other people than just by myself. Unfortunately it isn't my Realm so I can't add anyone to it. I'd have to join someone else's server. 

It's been a couple of years since I played Minecraft properly but I've had the itch lately to get back into it. Gahhhh. The reason I stopped was because my laptop was getting a little laggy and it's probably still a problem, but I'm so, so tempted... 

Does anyone here still play hypixel? If so you could find me playing paintball or warlords. Same name as here

New snapshot for java edition is here! I heard this update is about ocean. I personally thought sea part was still boring even if ocean monument was added...

I used to run a server, but running a server off of a laptop wasn't the best idea.

Looking forward to the future updates. Can't wait to see what they put in the fan update.

Seaturtles are awesome, but it seems they spawn in very specific locations. If anyone has had them breed, keep them away from zombies.

I like turtles. Oddly enough, they aren't my favorite new mob, neither will be dolphins - the Phantoms are; apparently they'll also spawn in the End. Pretty much what I need for my not-so-little project, as well as coral blocks. Not sure if I want to reveal my plans to more people than intended until the certain point in the progress but...

tumblr_p4wngqkkk61vudde9o1_1280.png

...it's gonna be giant, diverse and take a painful amount of time considering the pace I'm working at. Which is equal to a speed of a turtle on land.

I cannot wait for the full update... However I still need to wait a bit to tinker with the snapshot on the clone of my main world - the update doesn't support custom presets just yet, not to mention, WorldEdit.

I haven't had a chance to play Minecraft since the underwater update happened, but it looks wicked. :D What are your thoughts on it? I love the idea of underwater ruins and shipwrecks. Super cool. I need to get myself a new computer that can actually handle the game. :lol:

Creeper wolf two thoussssssand 

(Creeper_Wolf2000) at your ssservissse. I adore creepers, think that endermen burp (yes, burp) and LOVE LOVE LOVE Skincomps! So many possibilities in running into people who like games that you like! One time I wore a Metal Gear Snake skin, and someone said (and I quote) "ERRMERGERSH SHERLERD SHNERK"