dragon_mando

Cooking

The only thing I can cook well is some scrambled eggs. I put some milk in them. :D

Cooking is one of the things I enjoyed a lot when doing Home Ec in high school (I preferred it over sewing). But I do not cook for myself often these days (too afraid of burning myself or making mistakes).

However, I do help out at home at Christmas to make an Apple Crumble <3 and I also taste test dad's experimental food xd.png.

Edit: And Kiff, if you add garlic and cheese to just about anything, it'll be a winner.

Into mashed potatoes, press the garlic and add it to butter or magerine and blend it with mash potatoes and it is so amazing.... *is now hungry*

I cook occasionally, usually these really good biscuit crust pizza's from a school Home Ec. recipe. But I mostly bake, short bread, cookies, cup cakes, cakes, pies, butter tarts, gingerbread... the list could go on forever tongue.gif

But my problem is that I love odd flavours, like my food will be too garlic-y or too sour from lemons.

I've eaten them both raw like cloves of garlic and lemmons, so my taste is way off sometimes.

Oh, but I LOVE making this BBQ Pork recipe my mom has and I marinate it for a couple days and when you cook it you brush it with oney and sesame oil and its so delicious!

And fried rice is also ver nice, but filling.

I cook some, and like doing it. Admittedly I am not much of an experimenter, I am quite picky with my food and usually the only experimentation is with leaving out or reducing ingredients I don't care for(like onions, I like the flavor, but not the texture). That does not mean that I do not try new recipes, just that I usually do not vary from them much.

Probably some of the favorite dishes I have made are a ham and Parmesan cheese risotto as well as lemon ricotta pancakes.

Edited by Nectaris

I love cooking, lol. I like experimenting and trying out lots of new recipies, and looking them up online. Cooking is just fun. P:

I've got a whole bookshelf full of cookbooks and I sound like a 50s housewife right now don't I?

-snip-

I would love going to a culinary school, but unfortunately, I'm unsure if that's the career I want to go into.

-snip-

If you're unsure if it's the career you want, don't go to culinary school. It's incredibly expensive.

I know I want to work in the culinary field, but I don't know what I want to do yet. I'm taking the "umbrella" degree at AIM, and after I get a taste of everything I'll decide.

However, most, if not all, culinary schools fully prepare chefs for line work, management, and beyond.

I love cooking. Proper food too, not packet stuff or bung it in the microwave stuff. I didn't used to be that bothered but with the many allergies that my daughter has, it became essential.

I LOVE garlic, and use loads of it. No doubt I stink of it, but it tastes good biggrin.gif

I love cooking, even if it's something as simple as a bulion cube and whatevers in the house thrown in. (ie my lunch and dinner twice a week lol.) Experimenting is fun, and whenever I find a tasty-looking recipe on GroupRecipies or whatever I have to try it out... We rarely have what we need in my house, since my mom's into the whole TV dinner thing, so I tend to waste my money and buy the ingredients with my own money tongue.gif

I really should lay off the recipies with meat in them though, I swear I'll have a heart attack. But honey glazed ham and chicken wings marinated in a soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic powder mix is just sooo tasty.

What's everyones favorite thing to make? I find things like stews and chowder fun to prepair, as well as baked goods like scones and fancy cakes. I'm lucky eith the cakes, since my mom use to be in the cake buisness I've got to learn a lot from her about prepairong wacky ones biggrin.gif But my favorite thing that I make to eat is definitly the ckicken wings/drumsticks...I've never had chicken taste so good before lol.

I like cooking ^^ I'm an expert at making chocolate cake and horse cookies! I help out with making christmas cookies, spagetti and meatballs, and other dinners. I'm learning to make crepes. biggrin.gif

I'm also an expert at making scrambled eggs and cereal. Well... I don't like eggs and cereal. I just can make them xd.png

If you're unsure if it's the career you want, don't go to culinary school. It's incredibly expensive.

I know I want to work in the culinary field, but I don't know what I want to do yet. I'm taking the "umbrella" degree at AIM, and after I get a taste of everything I'll decide.

However, most, if not all, culinary schools fully prepare chefs for line work, management, and beyond.

I realize that, but the school I was looking at wasn't too much more expensive than the college I attend now, and I would have gotten a $10K scholarship (over 4 years) for being over-qualified (they basically took in people with NO experience, and because of my culinary class, I had experience and I wouldn't need to go to basic classes that are already stressed with being overflowing with students). Cost wasn't an issue, the issue was more of "What will I do once I'm done?" (which I'm running into again with Biochemistry... blah)

-T-

Edited by Kamak

I can make milkshakes and smoothies (is that counted as cooking?) and I can also make grilled cheese, scrambled eggs, and pancakes. I can cook (and I'm 14).

I love cooking, lol. I like experimenting and trying out lots of new recipies, and looking them up online. Cooking is just fun. P:

I've got a whole bookshelf full of cookbooks and I sound like a 50s housewife right now don't I?

Not like a 50's house wife I don't think.

I think its awesome how guys like to cook now smile.gif

But I think I woul really like to be a "Foods" or Home Ec. teacher and teach cooknig, its be fun I think smile.gif

I love cooking. If I say so myself, I think I'm pretty good.

My mother's a genius cook, and she taught me some stuff. So yeah, I could say I'm good, right?

My favourite dish to cook is zucchini. >w<

And cooking rice is ridiculously fun.

And cooking rice is ridiculously fun.

Rice is so easy! Its the one recip I've memorized right....

1 cup rice

1 1/2 cups water

Wash rice, add water, boil until you see little "craters" or bubbles on the rice. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes without lifting the lid...

biggrin.gif

If you add a little bit of oxo powder or that powdered broth that comes with Mr.Noodle before you cover it tastes delicious.

Or put a sheet of nori on top of it after its done the 20min and cooling down...

1 cup rice

1 1/2 cups water

Wash rice, add water, boil until you see little "craters" or bubbles on the rice. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes without lifting the lid...

biggrin.gif

If you add a little bit of oxo powder or that powdered broth that comes with Mr.Noodle before you cover it tastes delicious.

Or put a sheet of nori on top of it after its done the 20min and cooling down...

I make mexican rice in the oven, 1 cup water to 1 cup rice, add taco seasoning, stick in over for 45minutes to an hour, stir before eating.

pffffff only as 50s housewife as I am a sorcerer, so not at all wink.gif

Made a delicious breakfast quesadilla and fruit smoothies today. It was da bomb.

1 cup rice

1 1/2 cups water

:D

+++++1.

I use this method all the time.

@Mando; How do you pronounce "quesadilla"? e__e

I make mexican rice in the oven, 1 cup water to 1 cup rice, add taco seasoning, stick in over for 45minutes to an hour, stir before eating.

That sounds really good... /drooling

I'll have to try that someday....

Made a delicious breakfast quesadilla and fruit smoothies today. It was da bomb.

How do you guys make your smoothies? I just put strawberries, a banana and what ever other fruit we have in a blender and, well, blend it and drink it. It's pretty sour though so I add milk to my sister's.

I love cooking. <3 Overall, I'm pretty good at it, if I may say so. I'm Chinese, and thus only really know how to make delicious chinese food. I can make omelets, pancakes, waffles and other simple stuff, but I stick to Chinese food.

Chinese food is an experimental process - it usually smells gross, and looks gross, but tastes delicious! <3 I usually mix ingredients, but it always manages to come out really yummy.

You guys should try it one day. Soy sauce, garlic, and lots of other spices and sauces are used to make our food. <3

That sounds really good... /drooling

I'll have to try that someday....

How do you guys make your smoothies? I just put strawberries, a banana and what ever other fruit we have in a blender and, well, blend it and drink it. It's pretty sour though so I add milk to my sister's.

1 c. Milk, soymilk, or apple juice

3/4 to 1 c. fruit, any kind.

honey or sugar to taste.

3 or 4 ice cubes (to keep it chill)

Put it all in a blender in that order for best results and blend on high power until desired smoothness.

The amounts can be tweaked so that it fits your taste, it's pretty flexible and it's hard to go wrong.

edit:

EternalSpring, that's how I cook 99% of the stuff I make! Helps that most of my mom's cookbooks I learned from are authentic Asian wink.gif Half of them my mom bought in Beijing

Edited by dragon_mando

I'm just starting to learn to cook proper meals etc, but I really enjoy baking.

It's so much fun biggrin.gif Unfortunately everything I make has to be egg-free, because my brother's allergic, which is rather limiting.

I love smoothies. Try adding cinnamon for extra flavour, taste yummy smile.gif

cinnamon is <3 Vanilla is also tasty to add if you want a little bit different experience from just plain fruit

I'm very bad with sauces. I was trying to make a black garlic sauce for some fried eggplant. I can do the eggplant just fine, but the sauce is always watery, and if I don't add enough sauce the eggplants are plain. Is there any way to not do this?

I've been told my Cruit Puffs (Cream puffs with mashed fruit along with the cream.) are to die for, but they're nothing special.