jaylynn

Rammstien

Ohhhhhhhhhhh my god! I love the band Rammstien.(rahm-steen) It's kind'a hard to under stand what there saying because they don't speak English though. If you speak German please translate : Lonely de kinder bech fine acht. The ougan leader to epressen. mien dessen hellllllllllltop... . That song is called "My heart burns" (Mien herz brennt) and now I have it stuck in my head. Well if you know of the band please talk. I'm always up to chatting. Well let me know your opinions & chow. smile.gif

I like the song Amerika and a few others. Not really my style, but I still like some of them.

Is awesome.

Makes me want to learn German so I can know wth I'm screaming when I listen to their music.

Pretty much the only song of theirs i like is Du Hast. It's got a nice beat to it.

Side Note: if you want to translate from German to English just google a translator, plenty will be there to choose from and most are legitimate.

Edited by Vistyle

I love Rammstien, they're a VERY good band.

You can find translations of the actual full songs online, just search '--- lyrics english' (:

There's a fan site that has a translation of their lyrics.

I'd love to translate for you, jaylynn.. but I have no idea what you wrote there, even though I know the song. ;]

Wow. I haven't listened to them in about... 10 years now? More than that I think.

I listened to them when Do Hast first came out.

*goes to youtube*

Yeah, love Rammstein.

I like their more harder songs, Stein Um Stein, Mein Teil etc.

Been listening to them for a while, have all their albums.

And yes I speak German, so I scream along to them. It's pretty mad!

I've listened to a few of their songs. People say it is one of the better bands to listen to if you want to become more familiar listening to German. However, it is not my type of music. I prefer Unheilig's Puppenspieler album. An Deiner Seite, Sein Mein Licht, and Feuerengel are my favorite songs in that album. Der Vorhang Fallt is also good, I think.

I don't speak it nor do I understand most of what is being said, but I did study German for two years so I am trying to become more familiar with spoken (or sung) German.

I've listened to a few of their songs. People say it is one of the better bands to listen to if you want to become more familiar listening to German. However, it is not my type of music. I prefer Unheilig's Puppenspieler album. An Deiner Seite, Sein Mein Licht, and Feuerengel are my favorite songs in that album. Der Vorhang Fallt is also good, I think.

I don't speak it nor do I understand most of what is being said, but I did study German for two years so I am trying to become more familiar with spoken (or sung) German.

Sung German probably isn't the best way to learn, people who learn from songs and stuff talk like an articulate, lyrical English speaker would. It isn't quite right grammatically.

Also, if you like Rammstein you will probably like Oomph! and Megaherz. Check them out.

Sung German probably isn't the best way to learn, people who learn from songs and stuff talk like an articulate, lyrical English speaker would. It isn't quite right grammatically.

I have to agree. When people tell me to listen to music to become familiar with a language, I am always bemused. Regardless, it is nice to be exposed to music in different languages, and subsequently, to become aware of how the language changes from the standard grammar that people are normally taught. Although, this is usually easier if you have lyrics on hand that you can read along with the music. biggrin.gif

Are there any German bands who are similar to Unheilig?

I have to agree. When people tell me to listen to music to become familiar with a language, I am always bemused. Regardless, it is nice to be exposed to music in different languages, and subsequently, to become aware of how the language changes from the standard grammar that people are normally taught. Although, this is usually easier if you have lyrics on hand that you can read along with the music. biggrin.gif

Are there any German bands who are similar to Unheilig?

Quite a lot actually.

This is one of my favourite genres of music.

It would be worth checking out: Rammstein, Die Krupps, Oomph!, Megaherz.

I really like them. My favourite songs by Rammstein are: Du hast, Mein Herz brennt, Feuer frei, Keine Lust...

Amazing band. They were in my country, but I didn't see them live. sad.gif

Rammstein is great, I actually saw them live this summer when they performed here on a festival \o/ was actually kinda crazy, some people next to us were singing censorkip.gif* in Finnish o.O

The songs Engel, Rosenrot and Klavier are awesome, I also speak German so I understand most of the lyrics biggrin.gif

I love that band! I don't understand a word of what they're singing, but the sound is amazing xd.png

I went to their concert almost a month ago, and now I hate them because after such greatness I won't enjoy any other show again. The things they do with fireworks are incredible. It was very funny listening to ourselves singing whatever we think the lyrics are pronounced, we had a laugh at that.

They're pretty good, not the best industrial ever, but I like them.

Actually they consider themselves as Metal (I don't agree with them though tongue.gif )

But hey! They're really good so who cares about the genre?

And they seem to be the most popular german band out there^^

my favourites are Spieluhr, Mein Herz Brennt and Sonne!

And do you know their new single?

Great song!

Oh... and if you want to know the lyrics: I'm german so I can try translating them but don't hope for correct English, please!

I love this band, they are one of my favorites, and were the first Germen band that I'd listened to. Like two years ago I found them from a fanfic that used there song as a story base. Mann Gagen Mann is my favorite song from them. I didn't know what the words meant until after I listened to it and lol'd.

They are just... wow. I like many of their songs, including "Keine Lust", "Rammstein", "Links 2, 3, 4", "Du hast" and "Mein Herz brennt". Their strong, hard sound somehow does good to my ears and I really like listening to them.

They were amazing in Belgrade when they performed, and there was a title in the news "Rammstein set the Belgrade Arena on fire", and some crazy guy left a comment: "Did they get arrested?" I laughed so much. laugh.gif

Saw them in Houston, TX about 2 years ago. They have some of the best pyrotechnics ever. Was a totally epic show. Was proud that my husband could sing their songs in German.

They are considered an industrial metal band, but I lean more towards them being industrial. Kind of like Ministry, but not as industrial as KMFDM.

If you speak German please translate : Lonely de kinder bech fine acht. The ougan leader to epressen. mien dessen hellllllllllltop... .

So this is how German sounds to English speakers. smile.gif

It's been five years since this first posting, but I would still like to try and answer:

Lonely de kinder bech fine acht

= Nun, liebe Kinder, gebt fein acht

= Now, dear children, pay attention

mien dessen hellllllllllltop

= Mit diesem Herz hab [ich die Macht]...

= With this heart, I have [the power]...

The ougan leader to epressen

= ... die Augenlider zu erpressen

= ... to blackmail the eyelids

(Sounds weird in German, too. It's probably just phrased like this to make it fit with the rhythm.)

When I was young and knew almost no English at all, English song texts were similarly mysterious to me. Trying to find out how those words were spelled (so I could look up the meaning) was always a challenge.* And I think it helped a lot with learning English, and especially with wanting to learn it.

Learning for school? Bleh. Learning to understand great songs? YES!

So I can understand the "learning German with Rammstein" idea, even though I'm not sure some of their lyrics are the best material. wink.gif

(* I'm old enough that there was no internet to just google the lyrics! tongue.gif )

Edited by Confused Cat