ZzelaBusya

ANSWERED:Suggestion for dragons in teleports

Good afternoon or any other time of day, everyone.

I am sorry if a similar topic already exists, but I haven't found one, so I have decided to create this thread.

So, I have the following problem very often: I set teleports with my dragons so that users can offer right there without unnecessary PMs, but some people keep adding them into different ERs once they have a low time left, even though I do not accept aid from others.

My suggestion is: what if there were an option to keep dragons from getting views when they are in a trade? Like a checkbox of some sort before setting a teleport, maybe? An option to make dragons unable to get views. It would still be possible to see the dragon's page and its lineage, but it would not be getting any view boost like it happens now.

That way there would be no need to fog and cancel trades and dragons would not be getting any views or clicks and would not be growing up because some...evil players want to ruin other people's business.

Hope it makes sense. Thank you very much for your attention, and my apologies once again if a similar suggestion has already taken place.

EDIT: Screw that, removed the Neglected part to avoid any confusion. I actually mean any and all types of dragons xd.png

Edited by ZzelaBusya

I think that would be seen as a way for experimenters to get around the rules.

Which it would be.

I agree. If you constantly have problems with your NDs getting stuffed into fansites, try not to put them into teleports before accepting a trade. Keep them fogged until an agreement is made by PM, then setup the tele-link.

To get around the rules? How would it be getting around the rules?

Isn't it the other way around: it IS against the rules to add other people's dragons into hatcheries without their permission!

I am not talking only about NDs, that was just an example. I mean any and all dragons. When I put my dragons into teleports, I expect offers, not extra views >_>

You should also expect views, since people do like to check lineages. About the rules: If the eggs/hatchies did not gain any views from being in the teleport limbo, then we would have more people multiscrolling for ND experiments, since every account can put something into teleport once they have an adult magi dragon. Just use the suggestion to prevent the views from building. I really don't think this will be implemented.

Exactly - thanks, xeyla. And people NEED to look at things they are considering accepting. That isn't going to generate a huge number of views. For the rest - the easy answer is to hide your scroll.

YES it's also against the rules to add without permission - but that is impossible for TJ to monitor.

People clicking lineages, i dont believe gives views, its more when they click the tile to see the view page.

For those things you just /really/ dont want gaining views.. you could always screenshot the lineage, keep the critter fogged/hidden and just et the tele up when you get an offer you like.

It would be nice /at times/ to prevent views on things that are already in a tele, BUT it does cramp my style when it comes to certain things, so i gotta vote no here sad.gif

I do not completely understand the point about multiscrolling, sorry.

As for lineages, have I said anything about viewing them? Looking at lineages gives no actual views to dragons, I have nothing against it. What I mean is that I find it unfair and annoying when people view-bomb dragons they are not supposed to touch.

Also, there are such things as the EATW market. I want to use it because it's really helpful, but if I hide my scroll or the dragons in question, I can't do that, although I want to.

Why do I have to fog my dragons and use the uncomfortable way of trading just because there are people who break the rules and add my ER dragons to nurseries, and because there is no way to warn them? My suggestion would solve that problem.

AS a rule, if you have something on offer, the first page you link to IS the egg or hatchie, isn't it - unless in a thread here, when you post a lineage link ?

Multiscrolling - I'd rather not go into details about that, as it is so verty against the rules but it is a way to cheat when working towards NDs. Not to mention that it's possible to keep an egg in teleport for days - which would be a way to get around the rules; I meant doing that rather than multiscrolling.

Can you not offer things on EATW if your scroll is hidden ? (ETA no, it seems that you can't - though I don't actually know how it all works anyway...)

I would have thought you could give links to individual lineages on a hidden scroll to offer in threads here. I shall go and test this...

ETA

I just did. Even with a hidden scroll you can post links to individuals HERE at least.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I can understand your frustration. Maybe there would be a way to have a checkmark that would cause the egg to be hidden as far as fansites are concerned but leave it unfogged. That way you can have it in a teleport but it can't be added to fansites because they'll read it as a fogged dragon.

I can understand your frustration. Maybe there would be a way to have a checkmark that would cause the egg to be hidden as far as fansites are concerned but leave it unfogged. That way you can have it in a teleport but it can't be added to fansites because they'll read it as a fogged dragon.

Yes, yes, that is exactly what I mean, it'd be so much easier to trade dragons then =)

@fuzzbucket - Sorry, I was talking more about hidden dragons rather than hidden scrolls when I mentioned the EATW. It's just that when my dragons are fogged, I cannot leave a trade request with them in that market, and to be honest I really like that one, for a lot of people use and view it. Makes trading faster sometimes :3

And I do not mean trades at the DC forum, I meant offsite markets like the EATW. Trading on the forum is always possible, be it a hidden scroll or not.

Ya, to me it is the jerks who add our in-teleport dragons to fansites when we want to keep the views down that need to be able to be stopped, not the occasional view through the scroll. And the ability to cause in-teleport dragons to appear fogged to the fansites would cause the auto-clearing systems to remove them and prevent them from being added after that.

To get around the rules? How would it be getting around the rules?

Isn't it the other way around: it IS against the rules to add other people's dragons into hatcheries without their permission!

This.

I don't do ND experiments, myself, but I often see people offer eggs and hatchlings in the trading section that are past the four day mark. If they can keep the egg/hatchling from getting views so they can complete a trade, I am all for this, because that's always concerned me.

This could also be solved if we can still "fog" dragons that are offered in trade - it would be a different sort of fogging that leaves the lineage link still accessible and the sprite visible on the trade link (ideally, though the alternative is also fine - it's not like you can be conned into accepting a fogged hatchling if you're not willing to take the risk of accepting something blind), but it's the same general idea.

Basically, my reasoning is: We have the fogging feature for a reason. It's sadly incompatible with the way trades work, but I see no reason why that needs to be a fact set in stone; on the contrary, fogging is an important tool. You could easily say that at the moment, setting something up for trade is asking for view-bomb trouble (even if I don't think view-bombing is as big a problem as some people make it out to be, that doesn't change the fact that an important game mechanic to prevent it is being denied to people here).

Equally, I wouldn't want an auto-fog for items in teleport, but then, that's not being requested here. smile.gif But I figure it's worth mentioning.

I think its good idea. Talking about cheating, people will cheat if they want, now and at any moment. Im tired too when dragons grow without my permission.

I was just thinking about this problem yesterday!

I'd really like it if you could Hide dragons *after* setting up a Teleport link, and it would appear fogged to anyone not coming at it through the teleport link.

Ideally, anyone following a teleport link would also be able to click the hyperlinked code shown on the teleport page and see the dragon's time and lineage; rather like how you cannot catch a hatchling in the AP by manually typing its viewpage address, but only by following the link from the AP.

I guess it would probably be easier to code if it only showed the dragon's image directly on the teleport page. (That, however, would be rife with opportunity for cheating; so I think the harder-to-code option would be much preferred by users.)

All the information that would need to be available for a fogged in-teleport dragon would be available if...

1. The image on the teleport page be unfogged [can see the breed of dragon]

2. The gender is displayed for gendered hatchlings on the teleport page

3. The lineage page is viewable with fogged dragons

That's it. No scams possible if these three are done.

All the information that would need to be available for a fogged in-teleport dragon would be available if...

1. The image on the teleport page be unfogged [can see the breed of dragon]

2. The gender is displayed for gendered hatchlings on the teleport page

3. The lineage page is viewable with fogged dragons

That's it. No scams possible if these three are done.

Would that be workable? I'd love that.