requiesticat

Kandy's Art and Stuff Thread

For Linpug:

user posted image

biggrin.gif I like the idea of a (kind of) furry dragon.

"Nice generic pink hipster dragon, hipsttttterrrrrr!"

Edited by Kandycat

I wasn't completely sure if requests were open... but it says under the title... "Requests anyone?" and I took that as Open... if its not then please excuse my request. :3

Animal or dragon: Night Glory Drake

Color(s):Night Glory Drake colors... >__>

Emotion: Calm, like the night...

Pose: Just sitting there, looking at whoever decides to look at her!

Speech (optional): Not some much speech as just the word "Athy" in the bottom corner...if this is ok...

Picture (optional, of said animal or dragon):

If you don't mind when you finish if I made the background transparent? I know how. tongue.gif I'd be happy to teach you how to as well. It's easy. biggrin.gif

And I thank you so very much. :3

Edit to add the teaching part.

Edited by athdaraxen

Kandycat..if i may ask, what program do you use to create your dragons?

Kandycat..if i may ask, what program do you use to create your dragons?

It depends. This is explained on the first post, but...

Anyway, I use sketchfu. That, and Twistedbrush.

And thanks. I wouldn't mind learning how to do this...

It depends. This is explained on the first post, but...

Anyway, I use sketchfu. That, and Twistedbrush.

And thanks. I wouldn't mind learning how to do this...

Its says you use Photoshop in the first post? If you still do....

This should help you out! :3

TwistedBrish has one also but I have no idea on how to use it due to having to download the program... >__>

Its says you use Photoshop in the first post? If you still do....

This should help you out! :3

TwistedBrish has one also but I have no idea on how to use it due to having to download the program... >__>

I DON'T USE PHOTOBUCKET ANYMORRRRRRREEEEE. :| I might in the future though...

Oh sorry... I didn't know. The first post said you did. tongue.gif

From what I can gather Twistedbrush has a Magic Wand tool like Photoshop... is all else fails.. you can always get GIMP. (It's free)

For athdaraxen:

user posted image

Sorry, this is really horrible. I liked it at first, when I hadn't even begun coloring yet. But problems occurred, saving it became one, and the coloring was the main reason why I don't like how it came out. >m< I promise, I'll do way better next time!

I was messing around, but I couldn't find out how to make the background clear. Perhaps you could do it...

Smaller ver.:

user posted image

Bump. Dunno why I need to, I like not having requests at the moment. 83 /smacked

New rule: I will draw literally anything at all for those who breed me (or, those that have the dragons in question an IOU/promise of) these dragons:

Holly

ND

Blue dino

Prize winning dragons. Any gen is fine.

^

I will try to do my best work to the extreme if you give me one of these dragons or other creatures.

Example 1 of best work

Example 2

Example 3 (a gift for someone):

user posted image

The black and red wolf sprite is also some of my best spriting work, I'd say.

Edited by Kandycat

My request!

Animal or dragon: Horse Dragon

Color(s): Purples & Blues

Emotion: Relaxed, calm and thinking

Pose: Somewhat meditative yet curious? As if he was thinking of someone from his past a long time ago, a bit quizzically.

Speech (optional): N/A

Picture (optional, of said animal or dragon): Medivah

If its too complicated or you don't want to do it then don't worry about it. I really liked what you did with the Hellfire Wyvern and wondered what you could do with Medivah. If you're curious as to what he's thinking, its about his mate Allessia who you can also find on my scroll. There is a very large RP back story behind this, hence where this post came from.

In addition: Your dragon list, I do not believe GoN's can be traded anymore so you might want to take it off. I recall reading a thread about it at one point. I could be wrong though.

Edited my thing.

I'll get to your request as soon as I can. Unfortunately I'm a little busy.

For Agwyn:

user posted image

Smaller ver.:

user posted image

Did this in Twistedbrush, but only because coloring in Sketchfu frustrates me to no end (mainly because it doesn’t have any layers like other programs. Or a simple paint bucket.. RTT4RERGDGRWHBG). I may be doing more stuff with the latter.

It’s not my best work, but pretty good, for someone who doesn’t practice drawing horses often. :3

...Sorry if you don’t want him sitting down. Would have shaded as well as have done this earlier if I had known it would take me less than an hour, but technical problems occurred.

Edited by Kandycat

I had pictured him standing but, I will admit as the first person to try him laying down he came out so cute! I really need to work on a rotating sig of all his art. I'm no artist, more of a writer but, have you ever tried GIMP? I use it for RP recolours mostly, though people with real skill have done awesome things with it. I've never heard of either of those two programs which is why I thought of GIMP.

*hugs* Thanks for drawing him! I can use him for my Desktop tomorrow.

Why both pictures shrunk, I have no idea.

I can get you the big ver. again if you'd like.

Er, just a continuation of the other post...

Sketchfu is actually a website where people can draw online and save/post their drawings (kind of like iscribble). The only downsides are that it has no layers, and coloring is a pain in the... nevermind.

But people have created very realistic drawings on there, and it's great for practicing drawing on the computer. Especially if you use a mouse, like I do...

Twistedbrush (open studio is the ver. I use) is more true to being like Photoshop or Gimp. It has layers and a paint bucket and other carp, and is very easy to draw in, which is why I'm using it at the moment. Plus, it's free, I believe. It's helped me to practice shading and lineart. Things like that.

Unfortunately, this also has downsides, and those are that some of the tools don't exactly work the way you expect them to, as well as 'run of the mill' filters and masks.

I wish I could use Paint Tool Sai, in all honesty, or Adobe Illustrator for lineart, but I just don't know if I'm ever going to pay for them.