eleka

Star Wars

Okay, totally seconding on the Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon movie needing to be made.

I like the original trilogy, and I'm currently watching the new trilogy.

The new trilogy's special effects are amazing, and young!Obi-Wan is totally becoming my favorite character.

Also, I plan on building a lightsaber.

I really like Star Wars. My favorite characters are Han and Obi Wan. I really don't like Anakin and Padme, though.

I like the OT more than the prequels, but I do enjoy watching the 3rd episode. I grew up watching the OT when I was a little kid and have been hooked ever since.

Whenever someone says Star Wars I always think of the EU rather than just the movies, because Star Wars is more to me than Anakin's rise and fall. I consider his story merely one part in a whole collection of tales about a galaxy far far away.

(Yes, sometimes I think I might get too into SW somtimes. tongue.gif )

Expanded Universe. It includes everything that has been officially accepted into the Star Wars canon that expands/continues the universe. Usually books, video games, comics and such.

I never much cared for the original trilogy. I don't really know why, either. I didn't much care for the new second and third movies either, but I really liked the first.

I do, however, quite like the expanded universe-and then they go and kill Anakin Solo. dry.gif I still like a lot of the expanded universe, though. I especially like the bounty hunter stories, specifically Dengar's (SP?) one.

Do you like the Old Republic stuff as well soupnazi?

I've found that that era is my favorite in the expanded universe. I haven't read as much stuff that takes place after episodes 4-6. I always tell myself I will, but then I just never get to it. unsure.gif

I've never read the comics or any of that stuff, just saw the movies, I used to like them but got bored eventually, I mean, they even made an animated series about it

Do you like the Old Republic stuff as well soupnazi?

I've found that that era is my favorite in the expanded universe. I haven't read as much stuff that takes place after episodes 4-6. I always tell myself I will, but then I just never get to it. unsure.gif

Oh, I love the old republic! My only knowledge comes from the two games, but that's still probably my favorite era. All this newfangled stuff with Luke being dead isn't my thing.

It's nice to know there's another Old Republic fan! biggrin.gif

The two knights games are what got me sucked into it too, and I can't wait for the new Old Republic game to come out-it looks awesome!

The Old Republic era just seems a bit more... cohesive to me. Maybe it's because there aren't any long book series written by multiple authors. But all of the events in the Old Republic seem to mesh together much better.

And to me it feels like the Jedi Order and the Sith were in their prime back in the Old Republic. I mean, Darth Nihilus was basically a walking death star.

Luke being dead...? Do you mean the Legacy comic book series?

I love Star Wars. Grievous is my fav<3 even though he dies mad quick.

The AU is pretty intense, read the books about Luke trying to rebuild the Jedi. I don't get to read much of them, though - there's sooo many novels that it's overwhelming. Any suggestions?

I love Star Wars. Grievous is my fav<3 even though he dies mad quick.

The AU is pretty intense, read the books about Luke trying to rebuild the Jedi. I don't get to read much of them, though - there's sooo many novels that it's overwhelming. Any suggestions?

Even though I don't like the movies that much, a robot with 4 arms, each of them having light sabers, is awesome

Toxicneon, I just jumped right into the middle of the series called The New Jedi Order, but then I jumped over to Fate of the Jedi. I guess it doesn't really bother me, except trying to find the books I need at the library. It depends on what era you want to read, really.

It's nice to know there's another Old Republic fan! biggrin.gif

The two knights games are what got me sucked into it too, and I can't wait for the new Old Republic game to come out-it looks awesome!

The Old Republic era just seems a bit more... cohesive to me. Maybe it's because there aren't any long book series written by multiple authors. But all of the events in the Old Republic seem to mesh together much better.

And to me it feels like the Jedi Order and the Sith were in their prime back in the Old Republic. I mean, Darth Nihilus was basically a walking death star.

Luke being dead...? Do you mean the Legacy comic book series?

I'm probably gonna try the Old Republic when it comes out.

I prefer Darth Kreya. PURE AWESOME.

Yeah, and just everything new now. Basically, everything after the Yu-Zhon-Vong (SP?) war isn't so great, methinks.

I prefer Darth Kreya. PURE AWESOME.

I have to give kudos to Kreia too. She has a very, erm... interesting philosophy about the Force. I think she's a very unique character. Even though, no matter what I did, she got annoyed with me... dry.gif

I haven't read too much of anything that happens around the Yuuzhan Vong war or after, but I haven't seen anything that's really grabbed my interest either. So I can't give much of an opinion about those series...

Deceived, however, seems like it's going to be really good. I'm glad they're releasing more Old Republic novels.

And toxicneon, it really does depend on what era of SW you want to read about. The eras have different feels to them.

And if you like RPG games I would suggest the Knights of the Old Republic games. Besides being SW games, they're just good rpg's. You don't really need any prior knowledge before playing them, because it's set thousands of years before the movies.

The difference between the old and new movies is really irritating.

If you want to watch in the correct order.

The movies are getting more boring while you're going to the end. dry.gif

Episode 1-3 are much better than 4-6

Probably because they used better graphics wink.gif

I own all of the Star Wars movies and am a large Star Wars fan - have all the original Marvel comics and all kind of SW stuff too.

I didn't mind 1-3 prequals but 3 I felt was a major let down as I wanted to see more of how Anakin changed and felt it was too abrupt. I really wanted to see that aspect and felt totally cheated of it.

I also own the Ewok movies - Caravan of Courage and there was one other ewok based movie.

There was also years ago a special that came on TV where Chewie and Han go to Chewbacca's home world and we meet Chewie's family - Lumpy (Chewie's son) was so cute! I also believe that was the first time we saw Boba Fett - but I might be wrong on that as I can't recall if Empire came out before or after this TV special.

I've never seen that special again on video or elsewhere.

Starwars sucks. I hate star wars it's so stupid and boring I really dislike it. Allot!

That comment almost made me cry. I love Star Wars a lot.

When I was younger I thought they were awesome but now like I find that he acting is really bad. George Lucas is not a good director.. Anyone agree with me?

Well you can tell by my handle and sig that I LOVE SW's big time!