RedWolfen

Monster Hunter Tri

Well, i think i'd be fine in those 'OMGDRAGONWANTSTOEATMYSOUL' moments.

It's just the normal kinda gameplay. Is it set up in a similar way to say, WoW, or is it more awesome and plot driven?

I think i may just get it on the dragon-themedness alone. I mean,

user posted image

-drool-

Edited by Googleplaxin

The game has very little plot in it. However, in single player mode, you can run around, kill monsters, gather materials, and other stuff in a sandbox stage called Moga Woods.

user posted image

I got It but same day my wii broke (something went wrong with the Lazer part)

so I have to wait till it comes back from being repaired

I hate him too, with a passion. But I hate Ceadeus more.

Ceadeus doesnt even do anything xd.png

Hmm... Great Jaggi is pretty easy. Make sure you trap him when you see him limp off, he'll make a strange sound too. Don't use the trap until he switches areas after limping, because it could waste the trap if he limps past it, when he's trapped throw two tranquilizers and that's it.

Hmm... Great Jaggi is pretty easy. Make sure you trap him when you see him limp off, he'll make a strange sound too. Don't use the trap until he switches areas after limping, because it could waste the trap if he limps past it, when he's trapped throw two tranquilizers and that's it.

I know that but the little jaggi keep getting in the away when I am trying to throw the trani bombs so he ends up breaking free

This really epic review made me seriously doubt whether I really want this game.

Warning: the review has lots of mature content.

This really epic review made me seriously doubt whether I really want this game.

Warning: the review has lots of mature content.

personally that guy seems like a moron that is lead by his **** rather than his brain

though the vidio is funny I dont think you should listen to him..

I mean why is he monologuing about harvest moon in a monster hunter review

personally that guy seems like a moron that is lead by his **** rather than his brain

though the vidio is funny I dont think you should listen to him..

I mean why is he monologuing about harvest moon in a monster hunter review

Personally I've found his reviews to be quite true although a bit over exaggerated at times (he definitely likes to nitpick on every little thing).

About the harvest moon monologue. The way I understood it was that the western audience wouldn't like a game unless something blew up 'cause we're all so immature and even if this wasn't so Monster Hunter Tri would still be a tedious game.

Edited by Cybele

I know that but the little jaggi keep getting in the away when I am trying to throw the trani bombs so he ends up breaking free

If you get a torch and wave it around the little jaggis will run off to hide

Do remember that Yahtzee is very much a FPS person and not so much an any-other-genre person. Remember that this is the guy who hates on JRPGs because they're JRPGs, and doesn't understand why fighting games feel so easy in single player mode.

Edited by Lythiaren

I have a terrible habit of making an RP of every book/game that I really like, and I've already begun to think about an RP for this game.

Hm.... I've been thinking about that too. And not just because I want to roleplay a Shakalaka, or anything '>.> Maybe we can roleplay it together sometime.

Is it a bad thing that I turned my MHF character into an RP character ages ago? >>

in my opinion there are 2 things that if they did this game would rule

1. make the catching quests optional its monster hunter not pokemon it shouldnt have any catching as far as im concerned

2. mounts,

I cant help but think it would be cool if we could tame mounts I would so ride a baggi or great jaggi around i suppose i would have to catch it first sad.gif

in my opinion there are 2 things that if they did this game would rule

1. make the catching quests optional its monster hunter not pokemon it shouldnt have any catching as far as im concerned

2. mounts,

I cant help but think it would be cool if we could tame mounts I would so ride a baggi or great jaggi around i suppose i would have to catch it first sad.gif

1. Capture quests do not allow you to keep the monsters as pets or attack dogs, so your argument is invalid.

2. Mounts reduce the scale of the game by a huge factor. Part of the game immersion is the feeling that the world is vast. Mounts destroy that entire aspect of the game design.

I would love to try Tri before I make any judgments but from what I've heard a fair number of my favorite hunts have been removed, Tiggy and Narga to name a couple.

As for unlocking the various weapons as you progress through the hunter ranks how is that any different from the original Monster Hunter? You had to upgrade the weapons or buy the base weapon to upgrade, and in upgrading you had to get the materials so you had to rank up anyway. Seems to me like it's a big upgrade in graphics and play style but overall has maintained all of what was good about the series and adapted it to the Wii.

Can anyone point out any major faults that the game has? And if there aren't any major faults (which I highly doubt) anything that really annoyed you that you had to get around to really enjoy the game?

Thanks in advance,

B

Not enough time to sketch.

Unexped gunners will go poor.

EVIL JOE IS EVIL

And the lance animation is the gunlance animation.

Not really much except for online disconections, most people complain about the new generation not having monsters. But, its new generation.

I hate the way your character keeps gasping for air while its walking its like WTF ._.

that Lagiacrus really scared me.. and anybody who actually was doing that mission and got stalked by it will know what i mean xd.png

-

Im not really a fan of those GIANT swords you can get.. i'd much prefer something small that i can do combo attacks with..

and is anybody else slightly attracted to their character ? =P

the male is pretty hot ._.

~

tight underwear </3

I would love to try Tri before I make any judgments but from what I've heard a fair number of my favorite hunts have been removed, Tiggy and Narga to name a couple.

As for unlocking the various weapons as you progress through the hunter ranks how is that any different from the original Monster Hunter?  You had to upgrade the weapons or buy the base weapon to upgrade, and in upgrading you had to get the materials so you had to rank up anyway.  Seems to me like it's a big upgrade in graphics and play style but overall has maintained all of what was good about the series and adapted it to the Wii.

Can anyone point out any major faults that the game has?  And if there aren't any major faults (which I highly doubt) anything that really annoyed you that you had to get around to really enjoy the game?

Thanks in advance,

B

The graphics got upgraded? Where? How? I always felt the Wii graphics were lower quality than even the PSP ones.

Edited by Lythiaren

I hate the way your character keeps gasping for air while its walking its like WTF ._.

that Lagiacrus really scared me.. and anybody who actually was doing that mission and got stalked by it will know what i mean xd.png

-

Im not really a fan of those GIANT swords you can get.. i'd much prefer something small that i can do combo attacks with..

and is anybody else slightly attracted to their character ? =P

the male is pretty hot ._.

~

tight underwear </3

Um weird.

Well, your sprinting , you gotta breath.

Lagiacrus cant stalk you. Not unless your in Soviet Russia. You supposed 2 stalk it.Only Rathian and Rathalos can go after you.

Combos:Longsword.

and no again

no attraction. Get sum armor please.

Yyyeah, the only times I'm attracted to my hunters is when they're decked out and I'm going with them.

In Kirin armor. Don't judge me! It has nice stats! D: