RedWolfen

Monster Hunter Tri

Yyyeah, the only times I'm attracted to my hunters is when they're decked out and I'm going with them.

In Kirin armor. Don't judge me! It has nice stats! D:

Thats not monster hunter tri.

Shhhhhh. Nostalgia k? >>

I still like hunters best when they're decked out.

Knight in shining armor > farm boy

OKAY SO. Just got Monster Hunter Tri, my first Monster Hunter game.

Would anyone like to give me tips and/or warnings? 8D; Like, what is the game like? I want to be prepared before I start playing.

hi guys im new and im HR 46 and i gotta say the game is better then exspected but is hard in the high ranks

I played this game!!!

really fun!

my weapon was a hammer...

what weapons do you guys use?

Edited by digidude123

I'm still rather fond of SnS, myself.

Also, quite enjoying the chore of getting used to switch axe. xd.png

i just use SnS i usally use Takemikazuchi (G) rare 6, my collection of SnS Blazing Falchion rare 6, Royal Ludroth Claw rare 5, Skull's Wrath (P) rare 6, ant etc... if you need help on planning to get a weapon then go here it has all the weapons in the game (P.s some of you might know this) http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_Weapons

Do you guys have any tips on how to beat the barroth?

I would use a lance so i could block and do that poking thing so i can't get hurt. Do it on his legs so when he falls down u can destroy his face with your lance biggrin.gif

1. Capture quests do not allow you to keep the monsters as pets or attack dogs, so your argument is invalid.

2. Mounts reduce the scale of the game by a huge factor.  Part of the game immersion is the feeling that the world is vast.  Mounts destroy that entire aspect of the game design.

I agree I played MHfreedom 2, MHunite, and I been playing Tri for 2 months. The thought of a mount ruins it. It's to complicated: How will u call your mount? What happens if the mount gets damaged? Also people would want to fight on the mounts, making the game easy therefore boring sad.gif . Also (again) u go from zone 2 zone it's not like a online game or like a Final Fantasy game (- those games rulz tongue.gif )

were your traveling a vast desert or ocean (i like to swim).

OKAY SO. Just got Monster Hunter Tri, my first Monster Hunter game.

Would anyone like to give me tips and/or warnings? 8D; Like, what is the game like? I want to be prepared before I start playing.

Use SnS (sword and Shield) first. This way u can get used to blocking and avoiding monsters biggrin.gif

Triple posting is bad. D:

Back on topic... I... I think.... I may be falling in love with hammers. >>;;;;;;;;;;

Hi every one ,I have the game and im at the Fell the lagiacrus urgent quest, I cant seem to kill it so I thought maybe i could research how to kill it on dragon cave forum, anyway Ive tried with the switch axe rough break. I lasted about 30 minutes but I eventually died after cutting off its tail, making it limp and severly injuring its chest. Any ideas?

You mean aside from dodging more?

If you're getting it down to limping in half an hour, then all you really need to work on is your own survivability.

At any rate, the DC forums aren't a particularly great resource for strats. Have you tried Minegarde?

Edited by Lythiaren

I keep dodging but its too fast when its angry and even though I have just got full rathian armor and the qurupeco chopper (the qurupeco chopper has 230 fire wich is lagiacruses weakness). Although now Ive been blocking but it just makes me slower because when the lagiacrus attacks I just have a short time to hit it.

Edited by WyvernGold123

Dude. There's your problem. Rathian is weak to thunder. That's what Lagia attacks with.

Try Barroth armour? That's got thunder resist built in.

I've only heard of this game because my dad saw an article on it somewhere with a dragon pic attacked and he mailed it to me.

The article said the game wasn't very good.

Thanks Lythiaren, I already have barroth vembraces and barroth mail so now I just need Barroth helm,faulds and leggings.Thank you very much and wish me luck im going to go hunt it right now bye! xd.pngbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

Edited by WyvernGold123

I've only heard of this game because my dad saw an article on it somewhere with a dragon pic attacked and he mailed it to me.

The article said the game wasn't very good.

Depends what the article focused on. If they were looking for a story, Monster Hunter really has none except lore about the creatures. If they were looking for a fast way to complete the game, there is none unless you (as the player) have jedi reflexes and more luck than a field of four-leaf clovers. If they hate grinding and farming, then they will absolutely loathe this game. The underwater combat system is clunky and the bulk of your time regarding this game will likely be spent either dying a lot or watching strat videos on youtube, followed by the same fight over and over and over.

And yet the Monster Hunter franchise is one of the most successful on home turf. This isn't some mindless cookie-cutter FPS hidden cleverly under a plotline. The learning curve is notoriously steep in many places and there's a lot of grinding and farming, punctuated by kittens and piggies and more grinding. Did I mention there's grinding? But all that aside, the game is immersive and when you accomplish something, it feels like a personal accomplishment because it's not you mindlessly pressing buttons. You're the one dodging the monster's attack, you're the one who times every shot of a bullet or swing of the sword or hammer or lance. A lot of games are nothing more than running around and directing cinema, but this is much more immersive than that. You don't need sparkles to indicate some kind of level-up. You can feel it yourself, because it's not the character that levels up, it's the player. Gear is only a stepping-stone; I've seen people wearing no armour at all (weapons are mandatory) taking on some of the toughest fights without taking a single hit. There's nothing quite like the feeling you get when you get to carve the hide off your first boss monster and wear it as a trophy.

One of the most apt reviews I've ever read about this game said it quite well. If you can stick it out through the start of the game, you'll become a glutton for punishment. You'll get beaten down pretty hard by some monsters, but you'll keep going back anyway.

Edited by Lythiaren

Hey Lythiaren! I ended up killing the lagiacrus! there was about 4 minutes left and my health was down by more than half but then it tipped over and then I killed it...except now I have to capture it... dry.gif