jis99

Vampire bite BSA statistics

24 bites 

3 repulsed 

11 deaths

10 successes

I dunno if it's just me, but it seems like my older vampires have more successes

On 3/25/2020 at 6:01 AM, Sanguine Roku said:

I dunno if it's just me, but it seems like my older vampires have more successes

I'll try my older ones next time, I'll try anything.

Today 2 bites = 1 death, 1 Vampire

It seems that every time I try biting a Sunstone it dies.
I have pretty good luck with other breeds, though.

Between March and early April, I had about six or more failures (deaths) before finally getting another Vamp some time in late April, I believe. Considering I don't usually mess with Vampires much, this was pretty bad. I got another one recently that I was almost positive would die or at least be Repulsed.

Well I don't feel so bad now. Two bites and abandoned. 😣 Please return to Erebus if found...

For the past few months, I have been doing batches of 8 bites when my vampires are ready.

Typically I get to keep 2 vampire eggs of the 8 (25% success rate). Four usually get killed, two usually get repulsed.

There are variations. For example, earlier in the week I had 3 repulsions, 3 deaths, and 2 successes.

Today I had 4 repulsions and 4 deaths.

I have been experimenting with egg variety. Instead of picking one type of egg (I was picking just Celestials, for example), I have been picking all different eggs from the abandoned page. I can't tell whether any variety is more resistant to biting than others.

Still doing research here.

Out of 29 recent bites, 11 were bit and abandoned (37%), and I only was able to keep 1 (3%). I chose completely random and different egg types each batch. From all these I would have expected to keep 3. That's a surprisingly low success rate. I can't help but wonder if there is some logic in place where it distributes more vampire eggs to others now because I have reached some threshold where I statistically have "too many".

I also have a theory that having hatchlings affects the abandonment/repulsion rate, but only if they aren't already vampire dragons.

Edited by Lionistic

8 bites: 5 deaths, 2 abandoned, 1 success.

Same thing my last 2 batches of 8 bites.

Egg age doesn't seem to matter (5 days vs 4 days). Egg type doesn't seem to matter. Same outcome with or without hatchlings, with or without hatchlings that are and aren't vampires.