RavynWolf

Rose of the Dragon

((That would really suck D: ))

Raktagh looked in the young wolf hybrid's eyes, and Gilderox looked back as if saying "You figured it out now, say it." Raktagh shook his head, it couldn't be there's no possible way. Then he thought about everything that had happened to him, yeah it was possible. Gilderox was most definitely his brother. Raktagh held his head in his hand and gazed at the young wolf. "Now what am I going to do with you?" he mumbled. In reply Gilderox sat up and lowered his head. "No I'm not going to make you leave." he said. I made a bad mistake. I would like another chance Raktagh. The wolf dragon said mentally. Raktagh looked his brother in the eyes. And I will give it to you he replied. Gilderox wagged his tail and put his head on his brothers lap, who scratched his head and smiled.

((well, she has to stay the night and I'll know more in the morning...so i am just going to have to pray smile.gif ))

((cool twist of events shadow smile.gif ))

Isabelle looked at Njoine with a wide smile. "I'll race you..." she said and made a mad dash for the window and started to crawl up the wall. She used to go rock climbing with Aro and he taught her to use her fingers to climb. "Cummon Njoine!" she said laughingly as she crawled up and brushed her mind softly against Raktagh's.

Aro looked at Vuelasor with wide eyes and a totally hilarious look of surprise. "SHE...has feelings for ME?!" he asked the dragon completely incredulous at the new information. He paced a few times his mind racing...what was he going to do? Alex was like almost an allied enemy to him but there it was fun...he didn't want to end that. "Do I have to be all nice to her now?" he asked in a really whiney tone then sighed as his shoulders sagged. "D*MNIT!" he shouted as he kicked a rock clear across the lake.

(( Good luck to her))

((Thank you! biggrin.gif Good bye, I have to get off the computer but I might get on my phone! BYE!))

Vuelasor shook her head. Stupid. Stupid. Now she will eat you! she thought to herself. "No, just act as if you don't know. That's the best advice you could have." she spoke in the language of fire so that Aro could here her real voice, which wasn't that bad. She watched the stone fly across the lake and felt like hiding. Climb on my back, Alex isn't feeling good. she said as she felt something wrong.

_____

Alexdria was still staring at the ceiling, when the griffin had attacked her. It had used the small amount of magic it had to break the bonds. She wasn't feeling good anyway so she couldn't really fight it. Instead she had been thrown around and clawed at, till she had finally made it to the back of the cave where she was hiding in a crack in the wall.

Njoine laughed and raced after Isabelle. She slid through the window and was climbing the wall behind Isabelle, before Lydon could protest. She climbed the wall with the ease of practise. She had loved racing along the rooftops when a few centuries ago as a courier for humans and again just a few decades past. It had been a long time since she'd felt the need to do so, but she enjoyed the rush of scaling the walls and making her way to the roofs. Maybe I should take up thieving again. It's been a few decades since I last did so.

Lydon watched Njoine dart out the window with a look of consternation. That was the second time Njoine had left him behind. It didn't sit well with the human how easily Njoine had taken to the group they had run into. Brontes had been acceptable to him because there had only been one. This, however was upsetting. He'd never seen Njoine laugh or smile like she had tonight unless she was with her mentor. He growled under his breathe at the idea that she wasn't as comfortable around him as he thought.

((Is MisaTange still on here? I'm still waiting for her to bite Alex. The Griffin is an anyone can play charii))

While she was sitting back in the little but deep crack, Alex was trying to think of something that might have caused this. Before Vuelasor and Aro had left, she had gone into the forest to hunt. She shifted into a fox and ran off, she had been stalking a bird, and then her memory left her. She cursed and hit the wall, the Griffin heard and started scratching at her again. "Go away stupid bird. I have food, so I can stay here awhile." The Griffin backed off and huffed. Alex was positive that bird-lion was a Dracona Rosela, thats why she had Aro lock it up. She would have a few things to say when he got back. She also took time to see how bad her injurys were. When it threw her against the wall, a rock sliced a good inch deep into her shoulder and when she fell back to the floor, her wrist broke. "So I guess you a Dracona to hate me so much" The Griffin growled. "Guess so."

((Just as a reminder to everyone. This rp is set in present day. There are not villiages, but there are towns, cars, electricity, cable, and cell phones. The immortals just dont use the phones two often due to thier linking abilities.))

"Kiro, you need to get some rest and I will take up watch from here. If you wish then I will wake you when some time has passed and you can keep watch while I rest.", Morana had told him mentally. Kiro nodded, "You better wake me halfway through the day. You need rest as well." He noticed there was a sadness in her tone, but he wouldn't mention it. He would try and talk with her later about it. He lay down next to Crystal and drifted off in his wolf form protectivly curled around her.

____

Artorious heard something coming up the side of the wall so he carefully poked his head over the edge, trying to be sure that no human saw him. It was daylight anyways. He saw Isabelle and Njoine on thier way up the side of the building. He then hid his head away and waited for the two of them to come up.

Edited by RavynWolf

Isabelle popped her head up after Njoine was up and laughed as she did a backflip onto the roof. "Ekwueme!" she said and ran into the arms of her only father figure that she had known since she was little. She hugged him tightly as she laughed and smiled

Ekwueme wrappe his strong arms around his little friend and smiled. "isabelle!, little one where were you?" he asked concern blanketing his voice as she stepped bakc allowing him a better view of her injured body.

Isabelle quickly explained what had happened then turned around to look for Njoine.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Aro climbed aboard Vuelasor then saw that she was taking to long and hopped off. He shifted wolf and looked daringly up at the dragon "race you there." he said with a howl and then ran off to the cave as fast as he could possibly go then saw the griffin. he smelled blood which caused him to go into a rage looking for the griffin that had broken his bonds. I really need to start charming those. He grumbled angrily. Once he reached the back of the cave, he saw the griffin scratching at the back of a crack. "Hey! Back off!" he shouted then dove onto the back of the griffin while pulling his weight back so that the griffin would fall back with him and away from Alex. When the griffin had flipped, he rolled out from underneath it and started to shift human while throwing heavy balls of molten fire at the bird. This both bruised and scorched the animals feathers/fur.

((I hope she gets better Lovelost sad.gif))

Brontes barely listended to the conversations, he let the voices fade into a dull background roar and enveloped himself in his own thoughts. He let the worries and anxities that he had been attempting to discard flood back into his mind.

What am I doing here? Everyone else has slotted in perfectly, they all have uses and seem comfortable yet I feel so out of place.

Brontes snapped back to reality when Lydon laughed, he had alsmot forgotten that he was standing next to him. He realised Nijoine was conversing with two people; a male and the woman, Isabelle. Nijoine seemed to be at ease talking to them, she seemed opptimistic. She discarded her wig easily then swiftly followed Isabelle, they quickly dissapered out of a window. presumably heading for the roof as he had gathered listening to the later part of their conversation. Lydon looked as though he was about to protest but had no time to do it, he was left behind again.

"Nijoine seems to be acting differently now, I never would've guessed she would've actually agreed to scale a building. I guess shes just happy...maybe just gone slightly insane." He chuckled half to himself. "Er...are you ok?" He questioned, he thought Lydon looked a litle annoyed.

Edited by Racoonthief

Vuelasor waited till he was out of the cave then ran and leaped into the air, she climbed only right above the tree tops and sped over the trees. She landed outside the cave and saw Aro wrestling the Griffin. She arched her neck and roared at the beast, the Griffin turned to look at the thing that had caught it in the first place, which wasn't such a good idea, since it was distracted. Alex saw her chance and dashed out of the crack, the Griffin tried to follow her but Vuelasor pounced on it. It evuntualy gave up trying to fight them and flew off, heading toward the closest Dracona's around. Vuelasor was about to give chase but Alex shook her head and leaned back against the cave wall.

((Um, Ravyn how many ceturies has it been since Queen Camille died? And how in the world did I forget about cellphones?

Oh , and Shadow, if MissTange is gone too long you can use Sakimi, Njoine's father. He's a rebel and just kinda there I don't intend to rp him but you could use him, if you like.))

Njoine waved to Ekwueme and Isabelle with a wide smile as she reached the top. She'd forgotten how much fun that was. Sure, jumping from a window was fun, but the climbing took effort and Njoine enjoyed the exercise. "I think I'm going to visit human cities more often just for the roof climbing. Hello, sir."

"Nijoine seems to be acting differently now, I never would've guessed she would've actually agreed to scale a building. I guess shes just happy...maybe just gone slightly insane. Er...are you ok?"

Lydon looked to Brontes out of the corner of his eye. "When it comes to scaling a building, Njoine's mentor told me she used to be a message courier. He said she used to do it all the time to avoid crowds in a village or marketplace. And she's always been slightly insane. It's just right now she isn't thinking about ways to kill her father.

Lydon felt the area where his nails dug into his skin begin to bleed. He wiped his hands on his jeans.He really didn't know why he was upset. It hadn't bothered him being away from Njoine when he was attending school, but now she seemed very far from him.

John walked out of the bathroom and made his way to the empty couch and feel asleep promptly. he was exhausted to the point of no return unless he got some sleep.

Isabelle smiled at Njoine and then at Ekwueme. "Njoine, have you met Ekwueme yet? I mean like really met not John's little this is him and this is you speech." she said laughing knowing just how he would have said it.

Ekwueme looked up from the back of Isabelle's head and smiled at Njoine. It was one of those smiles that states the knowledge that one holds and the age that they wouldn't dare show while putting it into a package of sincere kindness.

Lydons explanation suprised Brontes, he had asked the qustion light heartdly but Lydon seemed serious. He didn't look directly at him but glanced out the corner of his eye, he seemed to be acting unusual.

A message courirer...on rooftops? I guess that must of been from a long time ago. It souds dangerous anyway. Trying to kill her father?

Brontes was on the verge of asking out of curiousty about Nijoines father but the scent of blood caught him off guard, he didn't know someone was still wounded. He quickly realised it was from Lydon yet he couldn't see any blood, he was certain he would've noticed it before if it had already been there. He noticed his hands were balled into fists, he seemed angry. Lydon always seemed laid back and never really complained.

"Are you alright? I just had a sudden waft of blood, it dosn't smell like a lot but I was just concerned. You also seem on edge, is there anything troubling you? You don't have to talk to me but you can if you like..."

'nothing, not a single scent of any others' she growled, lashing out at a nearby wall. pulling back her fist, droplets of blood spilled to the floor. pissed off, she tore a piece of her shirt and tied it tightly over the wound. she felt awful uncomfortable surrounded by normal people, this was ever since her family drove her out of her family home calling her a freck of nature. at first she was disgusted at herself but now she saw thelight. Now she saw who the true monsters are. it was them.

She sighed. even due she wanted to hate the human race, she couldn't.

she leaned up against the brick wall and closed her eyes. she let her mind roam out, searching for minds that withdrew from her presence for those were the ones that could feel her presence.

"Just the passing greeting. I believe I was told your name and you, mine, though. I was also told you're like me and you know about being lonely." Njoine replied with a sad smile. Brushing away the saddness, she rushed up to the top of the staircase exit and sat on the ledge. She looked at Ekwueme and tilted her head to the side. "Not to be rude, signore, but you're old like me and Sir Kiro, aren't you?"

While Njoine waited for an answer, she was startled to hear Kouki hiss at her. She looked at her shoulder to see the ratsnake slither down from her hair to wrap loosely around her neck. She giggled at Kouki's antics.

"Are you alright? I just had a sudden waft of blood, it dosn't smell like a lot but I was just concerned. You also seem on edge, is there anything troubling you? You don't have to talk to me but you can if you like..."

"I'll be fine, it's just a scratch. And it's just Njoine." Lydon sighed and put his hand to his forehead. "I don't like when she pushes herself and I hate being too weak to help her. She's exhausted right now, but she's acting like it's just been a day since she slept. She hasn't slept properly since we left Italy and that was a week ago."

He ran his hand through his hair in fustration, both with Njoine and the situation. He slide down the wall to sit on the floor. "Bah, I think I'm just jealous and worried. Sorry, didn't mean to act like a whinybrat."

Artorious felt something nearing his mind. It was... different and yet the same. The young dragon looked at Ekwueme. It was still too far away for them to feel, but Artorious let Ekwueme feel it through him. "It is like Crystal's, but its not." Artorious was a bit confused for a moment. If it was night he would leave the roof to seek this creature out, but for now he would stay put.

faint as it was, it gave her hope. she had felt the mind of another whom felt her mind reaching it. it was too faint to avtually speck through but at least she knew now that there was another of her beings around. her stomach growled from the lack of food. it had been awhile since she had eat. she didn't fancy lowering herself to eat from the trash can so she creeped to the edge of the city and shifted into her wolf form. she sniffed the air. 'mmmm deer' she thought and set off into the forest

Morana just chuckled softly at Kiro's reply as she settled herself down for the wait until night would come to takes the sun's place. Wanting to keep her mind off of her own thoughts, but not wanting to wake Silvia she would just keep looking to her surroundings and the sky for anything out of place or sounds. Yet these thoughts she ran from did creep upon her, but a quick shake of the head and looking down to the small cub sleeping against her chest would calm her enough to once more focus on her surroundings. She worried about how the Kiro and Crystal were doing seeing as she could not see them herself, but she knew that Kiro could take care of himself and in affect Crystal also.

Time passed by quickly to her like as she drifted from looking to her surroundings and to her own thoughts. Morana had no clue how long it had been before she heard the wing beats in the air from something much larger than a common bird. A soft growl would emit as she shifted her frame a little to cover the small cub to not only shield it, but also to try and hide their location from this creature even if it was by far to late to hide their presence. Surly the now visible Griffin had seen the bright white fur of Silvia even if they were under the shade of a tall tree as their superior eyesight would have caught the oddity. Yet the move would cause her frame to jerk as she moved her wounded leg for she had thrown out the idea she was wounded so she would not really feel the pain, but the move quickly reminded her. She was torn about trying to wake Kiro, but she guessed it would be wise to first call to the Griffin and see if it was friend of foe.

Trying to mentally connect with the Griffin showed it had blocked its mind from any contact or that it was to focused on what it was doing to allow anyone near the mind. Her growling grew a notch louder as she tensed her frame and forced herself into the mind of the Griffin so that she might talk to it. She did feel back about doing this to the Griffin as it would cause it pain and most likely a headache like she would surely get from the whiplash. "Friend or foe to the DraconaRosella Griffin?", would be all she said to the Griffin for now.

Isabelle looked between Njoine and Ekwueme and smiled. With a gentle leap she settled herself on Arotrious' back then lept fearing that she was being rude to him. She felt the mind that had reached out and her eyes took on a steely glare but it was soon gone along with her glare. "Sorry, Artorious...I didn't ask. Can I sit on your back?" she asked while looking up at him.

Ekwueme smiled at Njoine and laughed a little bit. "Senora, I am as old as Africa itself. Even I have lost track of my age, but I remember when there were no states and only tribes that lived together." he said and walked over to her with smooth liquid movements.

(( Sure I'll use him if you don't mind, thanks Mijikoi!))

Alexdria slid to the floor and pushed her bare arms against the cool wall. She didn't have a clue why but she threw up, again, and curled up on the floor. She closed her eyes and tried to remember what happened. Vuelasor gave a little whine and curled around her injured and suffering rider. Alex went into a waking dream while Vuelasor tried to keep her fluctuating temperature stable.

She was hunting again as a fox and she had her eyes on this one bird for awhile, it had a limp and she would like to have a one of those long bright blue feathers. She started stalking it and got the feeling she was being hunted, she pushed the thought out of her mind and focused on her prey. Something scared the bird away and she cursed, she shifted back and turned to go back to the cave when she saw a shadow move. Her fox eyes could catch anything, they were the eagle eyes of the earth. The shadow moved again and she could see who it was. "Sakimi. What are you doing here? Your supposed to be in the main camp aren't you?" she said with spite. She never liked Sakimi, he always found ways to make her duty's harder one way or another. "I thought you were dead." He said. "Right, me dead? Try another one." she said with dead humor. He looked her in the eyes and smiled grimly. "I'm hunting." he said. Alex was scared now as she thought of what to do. "Sh*t" she cursed as she ran. To slow, he caught her and bit her hand she tried to hit him with. She dropped to her knees and nursed her hand. Sakimi had taken off and she arrived at the cave to find that Aro and Vuelasor had gone.

Alex woke up shaking and mentally told Vuelasor everything.

((Gah! this took awhile to finish!!))

Edited by ShadowDragonmouse23

((lol!))

Aro was watching Alex with growing worry. Sure he enjoyed fighting with her, but that didn't mean he wanted her to suffer. When she fell asleep, he ran out the cave and found some herbs that would help her fever go down. with the same speed that he found them he came back and skidded to a halt. Okay, time to try this. He thought to himself and tried to gather as much water as he could out of the air. He nearly passed out with the effort and decided to just go get a bowl of water and heated it up on his hand while mixing the herb with it until it was boiling. He sat it in a dip where water ran into it so that it would be cooled off for Alex. When she woke up her could hear the pounding of her heart and looked over at her with concern actually showing on her face. he entered Vuelasor's mind and heard all that had happened.

Alex tried to sit up but failed, Vuelasor tried to nudge her up but that didn't work either. She sighed and looked Aro in the eyes. "This just sucks." she said and tried to laugh, but ended up just coughing. She closed her eyes and slipped into unconsciousness. Vuelasor looked at Aro with concern. "Can you do anything for her?" she said almost hysterically.

_____

Raktagh went up to the roof with Gilderox following and sat next to Isabelle. Teach me. Please teach me how to socialize. he asked her gently but pleading.

((Blah, I forgot the -e makes signor plural.>.>))

"I do not envy you the age, Signor." Njoine bowed her head in respect as she watched him walk. She reached to her neck and let Kouki wrap around her wrist and loose coils. She blinked to soothe the irritation in her eyes from the contacts. She loved the green but the contacts just weren't worth it. With a pout she mourned the fact that Lydon was in the room and couldn't take them out. "I only have as many centuries as the search for Crystal's line and I've lost count. I cannot imagine more then mine. But enough of age, it is but a number. From your response I take it you've been to Italy?"Njoine's eyes lit with curiousity at the answer but she did give attention to Artorious and Isabelle to make sure the two were alright. While Njoine waited she tucked her skirt under her legs to keep it from blowing around in the wind. It would be interesting to talk to someone with a greater age then she. Not to mention enlightening.

Edited by Mijikoi

((lol dats okey day!))

Ekwueme laughed a bit and leaned against the wall of where she was sitting. "Italy, South America, Germany, Spain, Greece, Israel, Uzbekistan, anywhere that you can think of, I have been there." he said with a smile reveling in all of the fond memories. "The one good thing about my age, is that you can watch a nation rise and fall and then watch yet another rise and fall, but then there are the sad times." he laughed humorlessly. "But tell me about yourself and your friend." he said motioning to the snake wrapped around her wrist. "Because I am truly curious about you." he said with a twinkle in his stark blue eyes. "But before you answer, do you know how to take out your contacts?"

Isabelle nearly jumped when Raktagh sat beside her but she shifted so that she could lay her head on his lap. Raktagh, are you telling me that you have never socialized with another being? she asked tauntingly with a cheeky grin on her face. It's just a matter of being around people more that's all.

Aro watched Alex and walked over to her. "How I wish I had listened to Isabelle." he grumbled as he moved the girl to a safer posistion further from the cold of the cave. He lit a fire and laid her down beside it but not so close that it would affect her fever. With a smooth step, he walked over to his pack, pulled out a strip of cloth and brought back another bowl of cold water while bringing the tea over as well. He dipped the cloth in the water and placed it on her head. He tried several times to use a healing spell that Isabelle had taught him but only succeeded in freezing his hands. "Well that's just great." he said but broke the ice from his hands and placed it around her shoulders afraid to place it anywhere else lest she try and kill him.

Edited by LoveLost

"No, the last time I tried we had to wait for my eye to heal," Njoine laughed. She leaned forward to show him sharp nailed fingers. "Since I use them so rarely, but I almost always use my nails, it's easier to just have my Little Cub do it for me. He forbade me to try after the fourth time. Something about damaging my eyes too many times."

Since she was already leaned over, Njoine slid to lay on her stomache with her upper torso hanging off the ledge. She reached her hand out to give Ekwueme a closer look at Kouki. "He's a white ratsnake. They can be found world wide but this little one is from back home in Matera, Italy. He's Kouki. Kouki's actually been with me for about 16 years. I imagine he only has another four years or so left in him, but he's my love. And as for me, Signor, what do you want to know?"