Xocowolf

Mardi Gras lineage

lol, I was busy trying to get a teleport to you, and wondered what happened to the

Vine! Thought I messed up and it was truly lost toss high in cyberspace air! Hope

it Alts for her! Celebrating in the French Quarter, tossing more beads along with

a Sazerac or two.

What's a Sazerac?? LoL

Wiki has lots of info, starting with this:

The Sazerac is a local New Orleans variation of an old-fashioned cognac or whiskey cocktail, named for the Sazerac de Forge et Fils brand of cognac that was its original prime ingredient. The drink is some combination of cognac, rye whiskey, absinthe or Herbsaint, and Peychaud's Bitters and distinguished by its preparation method.[1] It is sometimes referred to as the oldest known American cocktail,[2] with origins in pre-Civil War New Orleans, Louisiana, though there are much earlier mentions of the cocktail in print.[3]

Edited by grammydragon

WoW I would have to say that that is probably why LoL. They sound good tho.

Bella tried 4 times to get a vamp to throw out but to her great dismay now she has 4 dead eggs on her scroll.

Krewe of Sabre

announces the first official trinket to be thrown from the

Krewe of Sabre. It is a 2nd gen pb Purple Horse,

Edited by grammydragon

This pretty purple trinket wink.gif, tossed by Krewe Loup Garou!

Purple x Neotropical, 2G Gone.

BTW, Bal Masques and other events are continuing until midnight Pacific time. Which means 3AM Cave time. Keep those trinkets flying! biggrin.gif

Welcome, sven64! [tosses beads and doubloons and moonpies]

Edited by Xocowolf

oh man beach i want that purple but i am so locked for a couple more hours lol

If you miss this one, I'll breed you a sibling in a week, Gabby. happy.gif

And yes, grammy, I do like it. Please tell him thanks for me. I have a great idea of how to use it. happy.gif

Edited by beachbeagle

Nope, I'm within an ace of locked and about to release that Misfit egg to the AP. Last call? Gone.

Edited by Xocowolf

Thanks to everyone for making it a wonderful day for all of us.

Edited by grammydragon

Yeah, this was a good one. We turned a tourist into a local and passed along some real beautiful trinkets amongst ourselves smile.gif

Too bad Pirogue of Mystery didn't grow up in time, but she'll be joining Krewe of Crawdads later on tonight.

Good job, y'all! [passes King Cake around]

Ok, I couldnt resist grabbing the purple from beachbeagle!

(although I might raise it to hatchling for gabby, since I see she wants it also, and I'll beg for a sibling later...)

If I had room I would grab the green one too... but I am locked for at least another hour with incubate, and I dont think I can stay up that long!

edit - next time, if I get the timing right, I want to get some throws ready in advance, so we would have some hatchies to toss, and egg lock wouldnt be so great of a struggle, whos with me!

Edited by DragonkinLauraena

Sure thing. I want to do a Black/Black Stripe bloodline this month.

Also, a heads-up. Since the Cave changes, we've been having trouble with our Vampires killing eggs, but I get the feeling that's going to change late next month. Let's have a New Orleans Vampire-fest on Hallowe'en and bite a bunch of eggies into the Mardi Gras Vampire Clan!

[checks her calendar]

Hallowe'en falls on a Monday this year. It should go noted that there are Hallowe'en Krewes in NOLA, just like Mardi Gras Krewes.

Please give us more info on the Halloween ideas, sounds like could be great. I have

seen talk of Zombies but they seem to think you have to prepare a lineage now and

I am not sure how any of that works. Might be interesting and I wonder, in the spirit

of Anne Rice and Vampires, are Zombies allowed in Mardi Gras?

Edited by grammydragon

Zombies are in the Voudoun tradition and that's certainly a part of New Orleans culture [respectful nod towards the various shops and practitioners there].

I have a female Zombie and I'd like to make two more, a male and an S1 hatchie — awww, looka dat! Momma, Poppa and Baby Zombie, isn't that adorable? smile.gif — because Zombies permanently take up a Kill slot. (Un?)Fortunately, there doesn't seem to be a limit to the number of egg slots a Vampire-kill can take up; I've seen scientists with up to 20 broken eggs on their scrolls, all from Vampire kills.

Course, the downside is you have 20 dead egg Scarlet Letters on your scroll for a fortnight…do like me, send 'em to the bottom of the scroll where you don't have to look at/plough through 'em…

Anyway, I have a new dragon to register:

Dragon Name: Pirogue of Mystery

Generation: 1

Breed: Dark Myst Pygmy

CB or Lineage?: CB

Crossover lineage: None

Scroll Name: Xocowolf

I just hate that little message when you do it "it looks up at you with betrayal wondering what it did to deserve this" or whatever the wording is. The last time I tried for a zombie I cried. And I still don't have one. I think I will let someone have my password and tell them which ones and make sure they are inbred ones at that and let someone else do the dirty deed for me. LOL. Any volunteers??

But then again probably not since I would still feel like I betrayed them and left them to be slaughtered all alone. *looks around sheepishly for the men in the white coats coming for her*

Thanks for all the fun today guys and gals. Have a good night.

Well, the one I zombied was a prank. I went on the forum saying, "I still don't have a Dorkface!"

Someone offered me one (no doubt snickering), I accepted, checked out its lineage — and she was inbred ten ways from Sunday! dry.gif

When she hatched, I named her "Cream Pie in the Dorkface" and all too happily zombied her a couple years ago. I was prepared for the dialog and cackled nastily, answering, "Because you're inbred, that's what you did!" >:D

See, I tried to do what Xoco did and zombie some inbreds a few years back. All I got was dead, inbred dragons. XP Maybe I'll try again this year with some specificly bred-to-be-slaughtered dragons.

And I still have the bright-breasted wyvern egg. I'll hold onto it, but it's up for grabs to people once they have space.

Edited by beachbeagle

They are kinda white/grey-green color on my screen. IF they are from an already

approved Mardi Gras lineage accepted breed, would they be an approved Mardi Gras

lineage breed also?

Edited by grammydragon

I'm…neutral on the concept. My zombie looks kinda greenish grey on my screen, that's a possible to include Zombies in Green.

My feeling though, in the cold light of day, is that this is the seed for a spin-off lineage centred around Voudoun. I'd be careful with that, though: Voudoun is a real-life, thriving and serious spiritual tradition and I personally know how powerful those forces are (participated in a Voudoun-centred Opera at Burning Man back in '99 — and the Lwa took a very big notice and interest and actively participated in it).

We recently had a big dust-up over on the Native American Lineage. Someone busted in and started yelling about reducing the Native American culture to "just a game." She eventually got Modded to a faretheewell and almost banned, but I could understand where she was coming from, however misplaced (about 90% of the breeders in the Native American Lineage themselves had some Native American heritage).

Voudoun is not something to be trifled with. It's for real, and the spirits invoked are at least as powerful as any saint, bodhissatva or angel. The powder that "makes zombis" is serious stuff, it contains some pretty toxic substances and people get hit with it even today. And they never completely recover from it.

So my ruling is…we won't be including Zombies in this lineage.

But, if you want to breed or catch a dragon, that incidentally includes one or more Mardi Gras breeds, and sacrifice it on the fell Zombie altar on Hallowe'en, that's your business. You can even give it a Mardi Gras name if that pleases you, but you won't be able to register it here. Given that Zombies can't breed anyway (Vamps can, after a fashion), no skin off anyone's nose if that's the case.

Afterthought: H'mm. Maybe a Quirky Classics-based lineage…Pride & Prejudice and Zombies, Little Women and Werewolves, Sense & Sensibility and Sea Monsters, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter…

Edited by Xocowolf

Hmmm, been pondering this beauty and which way to influence...

Right now its got, male - fem - fem - fem - male

So I could go, male - fem - fem - fem - male - Fem - Fem - Fem -Male pattern

so 1 male then 3 females then 1 male, 3 females, etc

Or, can do, m - f - f - f - m - m -m - f - f - f

1 male, 3 fem, 3 male, 3 fem

Or, could taper it down, if you can follow this idea..

male, 3 fem, 3 male, 2 fem, 2 male, 1 fem, 1 male so it goes back to a 1/1 spiral..

Assuming I get that far along of course!

Anyways wanted some opinions from you guys since I plan to gift back to here for the next tableau!