KaidaShade

Terry Pratchett

^

Don't scare me like that D:

I shall wear midnight came out yesterday. I want to buy it, but I've been forbidden. It's my birthday next month.

*evil laugh* I'm evil to within University guidelines...

Commander Vimes: *cough, hack*

Have a nicotine patch...

CV: Er, thanks... I think.

I'm reading Night Watch right now- it's roughly 5 1/3 inches from my left elbow as I type. That's why my user title is what it is.

Funny thing, but I actually hate boiled eggs. They're always gloopy in the middle when they're soft, and hard boiled are no fun... dry.gif

I'm reading Night Watch right now- it's roughly 5 1/3 inches from my left elbow as I type. That's why my user title is what it is.

Funny thing, but I actually hate boiled eggs. They're always gloopy in the middle when they're soft, and hard boiled are no fun... dry.gif

I'd already figured out where your user title came from lol.

I 'kinda' like hard boiled eggs, but I only have them now and again. Maybe three or four times a year wink.gif

I wonder what a swamp dragon fried breakfast tastes like...

I can't wait for I Shall Wear Midnight to come out where I am. I'm getting my little brother started on the Tiffany Aching books, as I don't think he is quite old enought to get some of the other Discworld books.

By the way, has anybody here gone to the Discworld Emporium? I would love to see it one day.

There's a new Tiffany book coming out? Awesome.

And no, I've not gone to or heard of the Discworld Emporium.

Is it 'real' or online? I shall Bing! smile.gif

Because Assassins don't Google... ninja.gif

I love Discworld! I think my favourite characters are Sam Vimes, Detrius, Rincewind and Rincewind's sapient pearwood luggage. AND OF COURSE DEATH.

I've read all books my library has, which unfortunately aren't nearly all. sad.gif But of the ones I read I liked Night Watch and Soul Music most.

A non-Discworld book I read was Good Omens by Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. I can really recommend it, the styles of the two authors go very well together. And Death is in it (or at least a character very much like Death).

Edited by dustpuppy

Good Omens is great. <3 First Pratchett or Gaiman book I ever read. And Night Watch is my favorite Discworld book, closely followed by Feet of Clay, Thud!, Men at Arms, and Guards! Guards!.

Yeah, I really like the Watch books, how could you tell? Also, I'm currently reading Jingo. :3

There has been talk of a Good Omens movie, but I don't know if they are still working on it or not.

I just worked my way through I Shall Wear Midnight in about three hours straight, and OH MY GOD THE ENDING.

I will not say more.

I just worked my way through I Shall Wear Midnight in about three hours straight, and OH MY GOD THE ENDING.

I will not say more.

I won't get it until the 12th October D:

*cries*

i love Terry Pratchett. I never got around to reading them all though. i read going postal, monsterous regement, night watch, the amazing maurice and his eduacted rodents, and last but not least maskerade. biggrin.gif

Is it 'real' or online? I shall Bing!

Real. Oh so real.. It's in the U.K.

With moar meteorite swords... he could take over the world.

Just finished reading Hogfather. Even though it's not Christmas time yet...

I still found that reading it makes every season perfect, for me.

I wanna see Going Postal on the big screen! user posted image

I first "discovered" Terry Pratchett when I worked at a college library for oh... a few weeks. xd.png I read the first few pages of Sourcery, but I couldn't check it out for some reason. I've forgotten what it was. Anyway...

The first book of his that I've read was Night Watch, which I LOVED OMG!! Then I read Thud! which took a bit more time for me to read. I very much enjoyed the part where Vimes is screaming out the words to "Where's My Cow?"

I also read Good Omens after buying it on a whim. I love Neil Gaiman and, together with Pratchett, the book was amazing.

Today, I borrowed Sourcery from the library, so I actually get to read it. biggrin.gif

Did I mention that one my Mum's friends, also the Dad of one of my friends, is a spitting image of Paul Kidby's Vimes? Same sorta hair, same sorta face... Funnily enough, he likes Terry Pratchett as well.

Well, he's more like Vimes' slightly younger and less stressed brother. But a brother who looks a lot like him.

Did I mention that one my Mum's friends, also the Dad of one of my friends, is a spitting image of Paul Kidby's Vimes? Same sorta hair, same sorta face... Funnily enough, he likes Terry Pratchett as well.

Well, he's more like Vimes' slightly younger and less stressed brother. But a brother who looks a lot like him.

Seeing as nobody really knows what happened to Vime's father, its totally possible that he wandered into our world (dimensional travel is always happening in Discworld) and had another kid....

That would be SO cool.

I can just imagine my friend meeting Grand-Uncy Vimes- it owuld be the funniest thing ever. I would have to go along for the ride...

It would also help explain why another of my friends looks like Light from Death Note.

On a different note, I had a dream last night where I was in Ankh-Morpork Post Office HQ. I was a tourist and I wanted to by some stamps to send a letter home; I had just left when I spotted Lord Vetinari walking into the Post Office, also after stamps. I thought- "If I give him my Biro, which is very rare here and hence expensive, would he give me his autograph?"

So I ran back in, but the place was PACKED and by the time I got through all those people the Patrician would be gone. Anyway, I started running across counters and leaping onto people's shoulders in an effort to get at Vetinari.

I had just reached him when I woke up.

For some reason, nearly everything in that dream was yellow or purple. Lord Vetinari's cap had little shiny gems on it.

Then I dreamt that the city had got its first railway, and Commander Vimes went along to try it out- and ended up having to sit next to Lord Vetinari. Very odd.