inghelene

Split, clean or revamp the “Available for BSA” group

Oh yeah, that would be the dream! 
Would have served the time spent scrolling through my reds alone, if I could just search for “bolt” after selecting bsa. Even on phone.

Posted (edited)

One of the main differences between "available for BSA" filter and user-made group is that the former is dynamic: it adds new dragons as we collect them. I have 281 groups, one for each breeds*, plus projects, codes, and more. I do not wish to add new group to that pile and maintain it. Telling others to just use groups is not the point of this suggestion anyway.

Personally I like option 3 the best. It's an elegant solution, and I really like seventeendeer's suggestion of also linking to a separate page with all of specified BSA available. I don't mind which dragons I use, but I do like the ability to middle-click BSAs for, say, 8 eggs to influence and incubate. Others can use it to control which dragons they wish to use. It's a win-win.

Either way, support for revamping the available for BSA filter!

Edited by Naraku

On 4/3/2024 at 11:07 AM, Kith said:

This is actually what I use groups for. I have one for every BSA that I may need to use several of at once (fertility, incubate, etc).

I do the same thing, all my BSA dragons are in their own group or at least the ones that I use as general bsas, reds, pinks, Purps, aeons, bolts, etc.

deltas are all in their own group, so their BSA is just in their breed group and for Astraels I have 2 groups, ‘breedable’ and ‘pollinators’ the breedable ones are in the pollinators, but any messy Astraels that I have that aren’t going to ever be useful in a lineage project are just in the pollinators group.

I have never used thr ‘available for bsa’ option a single time that I can recall 🤷‍♀️ 

so I guess no support, seems like a lotta work for the programmers for something that’s easily worked around.

I guess I think that if TJ or anyone who helps him is gonna put a bunch of work into something, it should be somethng more useful…..

like having a search bar for picking a breeding mate like there is when you use the fertility bsa 😅 

There does need to be some refinement to the BSA list.  Species with BSA that only effect their own species should be winnowed out of the main list.  Celestials aren't in the bsa list yet they do have corporealize, which isn't really any different from pollinate for astraels or splash for shallow water.  Even sophrosyne remove curse is very niche and useless to me as I don't allow any undead dragons on my scroll (no vampires either to know how/if they fit in the bsa listings).  As things currently stand I have over 1000 dragons in the bsa list - 5 scroll pages worth.  It is getting rather cumbersome.

I am glad that the summon bsa dragons already have their own group, that's another 370 dragons - 2 pages that aren't cluttering up the main bsa list.

On a side note. I was very surprised to discover there is no conformation window for shrink on the new delta dragons.  Now I have week wait to pay for my curiosity.