Platykwak

Trading offer password field acting different from other password fields

I use a password manager extension on my browser. (It helps me fill out passwords and some other fields in most sites, that's it. But PLEASE inform me if I should stop using it. I do not think it serves me any advantage over others. Most browsers have their built-in password tools too...) In most password fields on DC, it works as intended.

But if I select a Trading Hub post, and try to confirm my own offer to the trade, the password field acts as if it's a completely new password submission. Instead of giving me a password manager option to fill in, like in all other password fields, it's always trying to "suggest a new password". And it never remembers it in following times, either. I did try once to save a new password slot for the trading offer page, but I can confirm that it's just its quirky own thing. It's not a big issue, but it makes me have to manually fill out the password each time, unlike other actions such as Abandon or BSAs, my own Teleports.

I wonder what causes this particular password field to be different from the others. Maybe worth looking into.

I find that for the first time I use it in any one day - and then it settles down. I find if I type a random character and then backspace over it, it acts as i should again./

An interesting workaround, which unfortunately does not work with my password manager now that I tried it again. There are obviously some differences between each one.

Maybe there's just some strange coding difference/oversight that makes the field work different from any other ones. I'll hope for consistency.

I use Opera and Brave.... Browser issue ?

I use Firefox. Worth mentioning yeah.

Posted (edited)

Whenever that happens to me, either on Chrome or Firefox, it usually is fixed if I refresh the page or if I navigate away and back again.  Both on mobile or on desktop.

It's happened to me once in a while with any password field, and not just DC but elsewhere too.

I use the built-in browser "remember password for this site" feature and not a 3rd party one, however, not a 3rd party program or extension.  If it's happening consistently it might be an issue with your password manager specifically?

Edited by KageSora

It does that for me (Safari on an iPad) and it’s really annoying. It always prompts me to enter my password and I have to specifically click the keyboard to get it to show up. It then wants to save whatever I typed into the field for my trade as my new password. I’ve always wondered why that field can’t just be a normal field.