idontknowmynamelmao

ANSWERED:Trade words

Posted (edited)

salt= Spriter's Alt's posterity

bloodswap = swap for dragon that which have same lineage but non same parents.

Edited by D-wing

Posted (edited)

^bloodswap I think actually mean unrelated (ie, swap for dragon having the same lineage pattern but unrelated to the dragon offered), since if it's just not same parent, ancestor might be related and I don't think that's what bloodswap desires

other things of note:

cb: cave born

nr: new release

w: want (h: have)

bsa: dragon with breed specific action (though it usually refer to the traditional ones like magi/red/pink/bolt/green/purple, I rarely see people wanting white when saying that, and almost never shallow water, astrael, vampire, or soph. Feel free to correct me if I've just not seen enough )

pb: pure breed/pure blood (?) - lineage consisting of one kind of dragon (* most * of the time if someone says pb they probably also want eg)

eg: even gen

BS: bronze shimmer (and GS, SS for gold and silver respectively)

BT: bronze tinsel (and again GT and ST for gold and silver)

And there are random shortening of dragon names (partially because the trade text is so limited), like LW for light weaver (a new one this year, actually took me a bit to figure out lol).

Edited by Moriaty

Posted (edited)

along with the ones moriaty posted, there are a couple specific lineage pattern ones:

checker: alternates the genders of two different breeds/forms of dragons to produce a checkerboard pattern.

staircase: breeds each successive generation to a caveborn dragon so it produces a "staircase" shape (two caveborns, then breed their offspring to a caveborn, then their offspring to a caveborn, etc.) the genders must be consistent-the females must all be caveborn for an upwards slope, and the males must all be caveborn for a downwards slope. 

arrowhead: when two staircases are bred together, they produce an arrowhead lineage, named for how the two staircase lineages close in like an arrowhead.

also even gen means that all the dragons are the bred to the same gen: caveborns to caveborns, gen 2s to gen 2s, etc. this produces a filled-in, triangular lineage.

here's my even-gen rainbow gemshard lineage and my (short) staircase male striped lineage as examples. i don't own any arrowheads or checkers so can't provide images for those.

ghhfbjnkjhg.png

jhyghbydtrsdbuy.png

Edited by cornndawg

Here's some additional lineage examples:

• A "spiral" type--where the CB parent alternates genders.  Example
  • A "PB" ("pure bred") even-gen.  Example
  • A simple checker with all males of one breed, all females of another.  Example
  • A sort of "alternating" variant on the checker style, with every generation switching which breed is male, which is female.  Example
    • A further alternative variation where it actually reverses on itself in part.  Example
  • A SAltkin (descended from a SAlt but not a SAlt itself), you can see how one of the dragons is a different color here.  Example
  • Used a lineage builder but this is an example of a short "arrowhead" lineage:

image.png.22e36ae4a19bfd8a437b4dd94ca1aeeb.png