jellystualy

Mystery Biome during Festival of Eggs

2 hours ago, Serotina said:

I would also support this if it were unobtrusive. Something like the way Market eggs are differentiated from Cave eggs, for the people that care about where they come from.

I was thinking the location would simply be labeled as "Cave" to keep things simple? That's how dragons not from the other Biomes, Holiday breeds, summoned dragons, etc. have their locations labeled, so I was thinking this would follow that kind of pattern. I'm not entirely sure I'd like the eggs to have any more "special" location than that given I'd like this to be entirely optional -- but I'm not entirely opposed to the idea either, I guess that'd make them just a Little Bit more treasured if that were to be the case.

7 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

I'm on the fence about this even as an event.

On the one hand, minorly better chance to get something rare. Not to mention, it's a true surprise of what you get. There might also be less people hanging around as they'd rather stick to main biomes to get what they know/want.

On the other, this could lead to an unwanted egg wall more than some breeds already do as people hunt for codes/types of dragons. Not to mention the coding it would take (might be simplified if kept to breeds that appear in all biomes as then you don't have to worry about biome variant breeds)

These are understandable concerns! For the second one, as the others said, I don't really think a full wall of CB dragons would be something unwelcome considering the amount of CB-only collectors out there and amount of people who would like something more "special" around the AP. As for the coding, as I mentioned a bit ago I figured it'd work around the same way as Holiday Biomes do but with the addition of all available CB dragons instead of, well, y'know, Holidays. I haven't actually thought that far on what'd happen to the biome-dependent variants... I guess to keep things in theme they could be completely randomized :P ?

Of course, I'm not expecting any of this in a day or two, let alone next FoE -- I just thought suggesting it wouldn't hurt! An entire new biome is a big ask by itself, let alone one that's an entire lottery, so *if* this gets added -- awesome! If not -- also awesome! It's just an idea I think would make hunting a little bit more fun during that time period, 'cuz aside from Hallowe'en, Holiday, and Valentine's Day, there's not really much else outside of those specific Event seasons (save for more-or-less monthly releases).

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Serotina said:

Would love to see this! Support

I would also support this if it were unobtrusive. Something like the way Market eggs are differentiated from Cave eggs, for the people that care about where they come from.

yeah the idea is that like how Market eggs list Market, the mystery biome eggs would just list Mystery Biome or Cave like the new Holidays do. That way I can keep track of them for my own personal Silly Lineage. They are otherwise identical to dragons found in the regular biomes. My only reason for wanting it is because then I can more easily remember which ones I got from the mystery biome for my Fun Mystery Lineage.

Edited by Skadi

Support! This sounds like quite the fun idea and there is not much to do during FoE since there is no new release. 

Definitely don't see any issue with walling, picking up CBs on 5 hour CD doesn't come even close to messy massbreeds. Not to mention even the currently tossed unwanted CBs (from shared description/wrong color) get picked up from AP so fast. 

The surprise, more code hunting opportunity, Cave origin, and AP hunting low-time CB rejects. What's not to like? Support!

Support from me, too. This sounds like a super fun idea to make FoE stand out a bit more as a site event. :D