Stormphoenix42

Massbreed for Monday

Massbreed status (4/20): Go!

Current targets: Blazebacks, Pyropellis, and Falconiforms (and other Fiery breeds)

Ongoing challenges: Get a "no egg" result from a PB Pyropellis or Scimitar-Wing Wyvern pair

Original info:
After all the fun we've had with Stuff the AP, I thought it might be fun to set up a rotating massbreed to help keep AP times down - and maybe collect some data along the way?

The Plan: 

• Each Saturday, if AP times are above 4 days, we send as many eggs of a specific breed (or breeds) to the AP as we can over the weekend.
  • Average AP times around 5 days mean the eggs will usually show up around Monday - hence the name :)
  • The parameters will change each week - typically there will be two types of targets:
    • Primary target - one or two specific common breeds
    • Secondary target - a wider category of breeds or lineage types, to keep things interesting and accessible to more players
  • No massbreeds during holidays - times are usually low enough without our help!
  • Keep an eye out for specific "Challenges" from time to time 👀

Data Collecting:

• If you're interested in helping collect data, please report your breeding results for specific breed targets in the thread!
  • PB (purebred) data is the most helpful, but feel free to report checkers or other pairs too - just please report them separately from the PBs.
    • If you can track your specific results (Refusals vs. No interest vs. No Egg vs. Egg), that's great! Otherwise the simpler form below is fine too.
    • Pairs under the effects of fertility and pairs without should be kept separate if using the detailed form.
  • I'll be tracking the PB results over time to see if there's any change as we target certain common breeds multiple times.

Data Forms:

Detailed collection:
Breed:

Type of pairings: (PB or mixed breeds)
Fertility used? (Y/N)

Number of Refusals:
Number of No Interests:

Number of No Eggs:
Eggs produced:

Data previously submitted/added to sheet? (Y/N)

Simple collection:
Breed:
Type of pairings: (PB or mixed breeds)
Number of pairs tried:
Number of eggs produced:

Data previously submitted/added to sheet? (Y/N)

You don't need to report your results in the thread to participate, but the more people who do, the better the data will be!
Also, if you're collecting your own data on a spreadsheet, feel free to link that instead of filling out multiple forms - just make sure any new data is separated out so nothing gets counted twice.
If you have edit access to the original spreadsheet, you are welcome (but not required) to add your own data directly. If you'd still like to send in a form so other people can see your specific results, please indicate in the form that the data's already been added so I don't double-count it.

FAQ (Future anticipated questions):

Spoiler

• How will we know what the targets are?
    • Targets will be posted in advance on the first page of the thread - no dates, since there may not be a massbreed every week, but you'll know what's coming up.
    • I'll also try to send an official "start" post to lock in the targets and confirm that the massbreed is a go.
  • What if I don't have very many/any dragons of the specified breed?
    • If you don't have any dragons from the primary category, hopefully there's something in the second that will apply to you! Otherwise, feel free to breed something from past targets or anything you like :) This is all just for fun anyway. (And maybe you'll be able to pick up some from the AP for next time!)
  • What time on Saturday should I start massbreeding?
    • Whatever time is convenient for you, as long as the AP is over 4 days. If you can't participate on Saturday, any time during the week is ok too.
    • I'll try to send a "start" post each massbreed week, but you're welcome to start earlier - just check the AP times first.
  • What is the data collection for?
    • Based on player experience, it seems like there are several breeds that are having breeding difficulties - it would be nice to get an idea of which ones, specifically, and see if there's anything we can do to help "balance out" the ratios by breeding more dragons of other types.
    • The site has no official measure of in-game rarity, so it may be time to adjust which breeds we think of as "common." Getting more info on breeding statistics could help with that.
  • Can I see the data?
    • Sure! If there's a specific breed you want information on, feel free to message me here or on discord (@nucleoric).
    • I can also send you a link to the sheet directly once I have the data from STAP locked down.
  • How do you pick the targets?
    • Based on the data collected so far, I try to pick breeds that are producing really well for the primary target. The secondary target is just anything that seems useful or fun.
    • If you have ideas, feel free to put them in the thread!

Past Targets:

Spoiler

12/9/2023: Primary - Pyropellis Wyverns and Scimitar-Wing Wyverns, Secondary - Adventurers (any dragons from the 16th Birthday Release, including Scourgekeepers)

12/16/2023: Primary - Aeria Gloris and Astraels, Secondary - Fluffy dragons (such as Pillows, Pargulus, Vilvoors, etc.)

1/6/2024: Primary - Siyats, Secondary - Two-headed dragons with multiple color variants

1/13/2024: Primary - Astraels and Adventurers, Secondary - Any other BSA dragons

1/20/2024: Primary - Bleeding Moon and Sonata dragons, Secondary - Dragons with a time-based mechanic (e.g. Lunar Heralds, Equinoxes, Seasonals, etc.)

1/27/2024: Primary - Black Tea Dragons, Berry Drakes, and Black Truffles, Secondary - Valentine checkers

Upcoming Targets:

Spoiler
  1. Primary - Diamondwing and Crystalline Dragons
    Secondary - Prizes and Prizekin, any lineage

Pinglist: (Notifications to be sent for massbreed launches only, unless otherwise requested)

Spoiler

Mnkn10
Edenello
Serotina
Sketch

To be added to be the ping list, just ask in the thread or DM @Stormphoenix42

Edited by Stormphoenix42

I love Pargs, it'd be great to see more of them in the AP. I bred mine to check the rates, and it seems like they're no-egging too much to be a good primary target, but I'll put them on the list to be part of a secondary goal! (On the plus side, I did manage to send nine of them to the AP just now, so keep an eye out for those :) )

Ooo interesting! I don't have much in terms of hoarding certain dragons except for whiptails and purples, but I can start keeping track of my success with them if that would help. They tend to have fairly good success rates in my experience compared to my other dragons, though I use fertility often.

9 hours ago, Edenello said:

Ooo interesting! I don't have much in terms of hoarding certain dragons except for whiptails and purples, but I can start keeping track of my success with them if that would help. They tend to have fairly good success rates in my experience compared to my other dragons, though I use fertility often.

That would be awesome! I barely have any entries on Whiptails so far, and I don't think I have any for fertilized Purples :)

Is there a pinglist I can sign up for? I'd love to participate, but need reminders or I'll forget.

10 minutes ago, Mnkn10 said:

Is there a pinglist I can sign up for? I'd love to participate, but need reminders or I'll forget.

A pinglist is a good idea, I'll add one - will probably only ping on weeks where a massbreed is scheduled, unless people would prefer every week?

Did a quick spreadsheet for my three most-bred dragon breeds as of recently from my STAP data for purebreds, you can find it here. If I remember I can update this post using the forms above (pie is about to exit the oven), but I'll keep updating this spreadsheet over time and add some other breeds as I obtain more of them. Hope it's helpful for this!

Breed: Whiptail
Type of pairings: PB

Number of pairs tried: 5
Number of eggs produced: 4

Breed: Purple
Number of pairs tried: 5
Number of eggs produced: 4

Edited by Edenello
added simple data forms

A more scientific Stuff the AP? This sounds intriguing!! I'mma need to set up more spreadsheets to join in I think!

I think it makes the most sense to only ping when there's actually a massbreed scheduled.

On 11/23/2023 at 11:59 AM, Edenello said:

Did a quick spreadsheet for my three most-bred dragon breeds as of recently from my STAP data for purebreds, you can find it here. If I remember I can update this post using the forms above (pie is about to exit the oven), but I'll keep updating this spreadsheet over time and add some other breeds as I obtain more of them. Hope it's helpful for this!

Thank you so much!! I'll get these added to the sheet ^-^

On 11/23/2023 at 8:35 PM, Firefury Amahira said:

A more scientific Stuff the AP? This sounds intriguing!! I'mma need to set up more spreadsheets to join in I think!

Yessss, the spreadsheets are calling.... 😆 Honestly if you'd rather just link me to a spreadsheet instead of filling out the thread forms, as long as the data's similar that's totally fine

Is the og StAP spreadsheet (not the copy) the spreadsheet these results will be on? As in, if I add my data to it and then post it here, will it be counted twice?

38 minutes ago, Diggie said:

Is the og StAP spreadsheet (not the copy) the spreadsheet these results will be on? As in, if I add my data to it and then post it here, will it be counted twice?

That's a great question - originally I had planned to lock down the original spreadsheet before posting it here, but I think I'll keep it open and just save a copy every once in a while to compare over time.  That way I can post the copies here without giving too many people edit access to the original.

So to actually answer the question, yes, it would be duplicated. I'll add a line to the forms so people with edit access can indicate if they've already added the data to the sheet. 

May I be added to the pinglist please?

Also, I redesigned the spreadsheet I was making, new one is here and a bit easier to sort with. I'll be making a new sheet there for each month so changes can be seen over time. All the previous data has been moved over as well. If it would be helpful, I can post a summary at the end of each month?

On 11/29/2023 at 4:57 PM, Edenello said:

May I be added to the pinglist please?

Also, I redesigned the spreadsheet I was making, new one is here and a bit easier to sort with. I'll be making a new sheet there for each month so changes can be seen over time. All the previous data has been moved over as well. If it would be helpful, I can post a summary at the end of each month?

Added! I like the new spreadsheet - I'm happy to go through and add the info at the end of the month, so no summary needed but you're welcome to post if you want to share your results in here. (And if you could let me know when you're finished adding data each month, I'd appreciate the reminder!)

Sounds good! Novermber is finished, I believe the data I posted earlier is a part of that set since I took everything from the sheet. I've started on December. I like that I can sort by how many pairs I've had in a month so I can also see which ones have more statistical power for figuring out rates.

A quick suggestion about this thread, maybe consider moving the forecast to the top of the post so that when someone clicks in they immediately see the forecast instead of needing to scroll down? feel free to not take this suggestion though I just checked in to see if people are breeding this week and I kinda expected the forecast to be at the top but it's not and I was confused for a second xD

18 hours ago, Moriaty said:

A quick suggestion about this thread, maybe consider moving the forecast to the top of the post so that when someone clicks in they immediately see the forecast instead of needing to scroll down? feel free to not take this suggestion though I just checked in to see if people are breeding this week and I kinda expected the forecast to be at the top but it's not and I was confused for a second xD

Ooh yeah that would make more sense going forward. Thank you!

12/09/2023: Our first massbreed for Monday is active!

Let's try to get some wyverns out there - and since we're starting a new project, how about some adventurous breeds as well?

Primary Massbreed Targets - Pyropellis Wyverns and Scimitar-Wing Wyverns

Secondary Targets - Adventurers (any dragons from the 16th Birthday Release. Scourges welcome too if you can get them!)

Don't forget to report your breeding results in the thread if you're interested in helping collect data!

Also, I have a challenge for you all - based on the breeding results so far, in nearly 100 combined attempts, I've never seen a "No Egg" result from a PB Pyropellis or PB Scimitar-Wing pairing. Will we be able to change that today? Post a screenshot if you get one!

Pinglist:

Just going to go ahead and add my primary PB results for anyone who's curious - I'll go through the Adventurers later.

Breed: Pyropellis

Fertility used? N

Number of Refusals: 0
Number of No Interests: 4

Number of No Eggs: 0
Eggs produced: 16

Data previously submitted/added to sheet? N

Breed: Scimitar-Wing

Fertility used? N

Number of No Interests: 0

Eggs produced:
Data previously submitted/added to sheet? N

Edited by Stormphoenix42

I only have one pyropellis pair but they produced an egg! Hopefully I can make some space to pick up some more for next time. I think I bred my adventurers earlier this week to gather some extra data and test some lineages. Good luck everyone! Hope to be able to participate more next time; finally got my last astrael color so I should have at least a few pairs there. :D I may be able to breed some random purples if that would help bring the time down on the AP.

Here is my primary PB results, can't tell if I am surprised or disappointed? Now the hard part is sending any to the cave! 😭 LOL

Breed: Pyropellis

Type of pairings: PB
Fertility used? N

Number of Refusals: 1
Number of No Interests: 1

Number of No Eggs: 2
Eggs produced: 3

Data previously submitted/added to sheet? N

(This breed did much better! And most likely all these will go to the cave.)

Breed: Scimitar-Wing

Type of pairings: PB
Fertility used? N

Number of No Interests: 0

Eggs produced:
Data previously submitted/added to sheet? N

Edited by madameM

Breed: Pyropellis

Fertility used? N