jellystualy

Raid-a-Biome: We Eggscavate a Biome Monthly!

NEXT PLANNED RAID-A-BIOME: 
Forest
April 15th at 6PM Cave Time

-

This initially started out as a joke on the Official Discord which later turned into an actual established thing after people in the Discord server banded together and successfully cleared the Desert on November 15th, 2023. Sooooo, here we are! Why not make it an official community thing while we’re at it?

Welcome to the Raid-a-Biome: We Eggscavate a Biome Monthly! — as self-proclaimed eggbusters, our goal is to cooperate with each other and aim towards emptying a biome each month with our available egg slots. You know how during releases (and occasionally outside of releases) some Biomes happen to be empty from people grabbing all the available eggs in the biome? Well, we’re here to do just that.

-

And since you might understandably have some questions:

What?

It’s simple, there’s a set schedule each month for people to follow in order to eggscavate a Biome. From there, people are welcome to save as many of their egg slots for that specific time and join in on the fun once the fateful day comes!

How?

Once the Cave refreshes said Biome at 6:00PM EST on the clock, people are free to grab any egg they come across until their egg slots are filled! Treat this as a pseudo New Release drop except there’s no New Release and instead there’s simply the joy of grabbing eggs without a care in the world for an entire hour.

Why?

Both for science as well as for fun. Initially, as I said before, it was meant to be a “joke” based on the premise of what kind of things (codes, rares, etc.) people could catch if a Biome were to be emptied out as soon as it refreshed on the hour — and needless to say we’re here to find that out by banding together to excavate an entire biome of its goodies with our available egg slots!

When?

Each month we’ll rotate through the six Biomes available, as follows:

January: Alpine

February: Coast
March: Desert
April: Forest
May: Jungle
June: Volcano
July: Alpine
August: Coast
September: Desert
October: Forest
November: Jungle
December: Volcano

For non-holiday months we’ll be eggscavating on the 15th of that month at 6PM Cave Time (EST) in the eventual case of a new release having happened the month prior and to give time for the dust to settle down.

For holiday months, the schedule is as follows:
In October 🎃, we’ll be eggscavating on the 10th of the month at 6PM Cave Time (EST).
In December ❄️, we’ll be eggscavating on the 5th of the month at 6PM Cave Time (EST).
In February 💘, we’ll be eggscavating on the 25th of the month at 6PM Cave Time (EST).

Here’s a tool for converting EST to your timezone if you happen to live somewhere else. (note: this tool is mainly meant for Discord usage, but it automatically converts the time to your timezone as well as everyone else’s, and I highly recommend it for ease of access.)

Here’s a tool to check what time it is in EST right now.

If you can’t make it during that time, fret not! Participation in the monthly excavation is completely VOLUNTARY and no one will be forcing you to be present if you feasibly can’t be. :)

I don’t / won’t have all my egg slots available in time! :(

No worries! Again, this is all voluntary, meaning that participation isn’t mandatory, and no one will rattle you if you happen to have an egg or more on your scroll at the scheduled time. Literally, I know I most likely won’t, so I don’t expect anyone else to have all egg slots completely free either. That’d be absurd.

What if the Biome is emptied out and I still have egg slots remaining?

If you or any other people have egg slots remaining for any reason then you can wait until the Cave refreshes and/or regenerates new eggs every 5 minutes and grab those — so on and so forth until you’re egglocked as well with everyone else. Or you can stop there if you’re happy with your haul, you do you!

What do I do with the eggs I catch during this?

Whatever you want. It’s YOUR scroll and the eggs you catch are YOURS, not anyone else’s, period. Despite being scheduled in such a way, this is still a Free For All event and caught eggs belong to the person who caught them by DEFAULT. Everyone has equal chances to either catch something shiny or to catch only commons as anyone else in the Biome at the time, as this is how Dragon Cave works. Thus, there’s *NO* guarantee said hourly will generate any rares, as well as no guarantee of catching said rares if they do spawn (and if you do manage to — that’s awesome!). That said, once you’ve caught your eggs you can either keep them, toss them into AP, gift them to other players, raffle them off, trade them if you catch some trade fodder, you can do literally anything; the world is your oyster… or egg yolk, I guess.

Simply put: your scroll, your playstyle, your rules.

Freedom to do whatever with your eggs is especially enforced for months with holidays in them (those being October, December, and February, respectively). As those months are especially hectic by default, if you don’t want to keep your eggs for this or that reason, that’s completely fine!

Happy hunting!

Edited by jellystualy
Changed the biome at the top of the post according to schedule.

yay! i was looking forward to this thread. i didn't expect today's first eggscavation to go so smoothly! we were pretty limited in numbers, but the desert stayed vacuumed up for a good 15 minutes or so. super glad this is actually becoming a monthly thing; it was really fun to be a part of! 🏜️🥚👊

Oh this is cute! I saw the post on the Discord and thought it was funny. I have the silver trophy now so I'll hopefully have more slots to work with in December :)

This looks fun! Adding the date in my calendar, hopefully I'll have some space. :D

Glad to hear people seem to enjoy this idea! Looking forward to more eggscavators through our ranks >:)

This is a reminder that tomorrow, December 5th 6PM Cave Time, we'll be excavating Volcano! Staring the holiday season with the hottest climate of all. Good luck!

Well, thankfully I remembered about it on time to participate ^^ Grabbed 5 eggs, nothing special, but I saw a Xeno and a Copper - congrats to whoever got those! Overall it was fun, I'll be happy to participate next time as well.

That was fun! I got a Silvershade, a Cassare, a Pyrrhichios, a Scymrian pygmy, and a blue Firegem. I’ll take the four full sized dragons and breed a third Gen from them. I’ll do the same for the next three months and make an even 5G from all of them.

I've had space for 4 eggs this time around and managed to grab a Zyu, a Xol, a Silvershade (traded), and a Scimitar-Wing — and even made a group for my Raid-a-Biome hauls as memories are precious after all. During Nov 15th there weren't any rares in Desert so seeing Volcano goated with two Xenos, a Zyu and a Copper was really funny. Just shows we're all at the mercy of RNG.

Main post has been updated to include next month's schedule! See you on January 15th, eggbusters!

Which, reminds me, would anyone here be interested in me setting up a ping list? Maybe ping 5 days before the set date to ensure people can (if they want to) save scroll space until then? 🤔

I made a group as well - https://dragcave.net/group/252297 - it'll be interesting to see what's gonna get added there next time ^^ So far it's Crimson Flare, Leodon (needed one more CB for my scroll goals for both of those breeds, so it's nice), Duotone, Ember, and Falconiform.

Also, I'd be up for a ping list!

Alpine
January 15th at 6PM Cave Time

This is a formal reminder that the next biome clearance will occur on the 15th and will seize Alpine!

However, given that Secret Santa is currently happening, I must remind everyone that this event is voluntary, so if you can't afford to save any egg slots then don't worry :).

Good luck!

image.png.cf3c2e076d8488ddc2cf400dd0ab7dea.png

my haul! i remembered to keep my scroll empty to get a full set of 8 this time. cheers! 

i forgot last month so im happy i got to participate this time :3 

Five eggs this time again here - Elux Lucis, Skystrider, Lightstreak, and two Winters. I like how they're all blue :D

Haven't seen anything more exciting than Winter this time, tho outside of those two I caught, I also missed two more, which I think is quite a few.

(apologies for the late post!)

Personally, I was low on egg slots so I only have a Winter and Lightstreak to my name :P

With that said, I’ve also gone ahead and updated the main post with the schedule for next month! Much luck to everyone this Valentine’s, and see you on the 25th!

Coast
February 25th at 6PM Cave Time

This is a late formal reminder that the next biome clearance will occur today and will seize Coast!

Apologies for the late reminder, the end of DC’s Holiday Season (tm) and IRL happenings threw me for a loop ^^; 

Those who are still kicking after Valentine’s feel free to join in! And for those who can’t, no worries! :)

As always, good luck!

I grabbed two egg from desert 💔 but i clear out my egg slots and grab two from coast

image.png.a555a54b263ae18f818abb8d5d1eba59.png

p brothers

6 this time around for me - Tsunami, Skywing, Black-Capped Teimarr, Blacktip, Lotaan, and Honey Drake.

I missed this again, as I am still hunting/breeding stuff to trade for Valentine's hatchlings. Maybe next time.

Desert
March 15th at 6PM Cave Time

Gooooood timezone cavers! This is a fashionably late reminder that the next Eggscavation Session will take place today and will seize Desert

Please follow the link above for an accurate time reference (aside from the in-cave time, I guess,) 'cuz DST is sadly a thing and I forgot to take that into account. Oops.

As always, good luck!