Iside

ANSWERED:Privacy and cookies settings

Since about one week, I started getting this advise about privacy and cookie settings while browsing the pages of Dragoncave main site. I have read and agreed with it a dozen times, but I keep getting the adivise. It only appears while on Dragoncave site, nowhere else.

Do you know how can I get rid of it once for all? I use firefox as a browser (didn't change it recently)

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 15-56-14 Lineage (3UeED).png

It does that for me, too on every refresh and it’s really annoying. On other sites I only have to agree once or on some even every day but not every time the site loads. I would love for this to vanish, too.

You can't. It's all to do with the European GPDR - I swear TJ answered that for me a little while ago, but I can't find it. It settles down EVENTUALLY..

A few of us were talking on Discord about this yesterday, and it seems to be from the tracking components of ads for European players. (US players reported not seeing any notices.) Simply blocking the ad container/elements doesn't stop the privacy/cookie notices. Using the enhanced/strict tracker protection settings on your browser should stop it, though it will block the ads if you wanted them unblocked to support the site. I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done about it on TJ's end.

That's what I was saying - I swear TJ already posted that he can't stop it because of this, when I asked before. I DID find a way in the end - when it showed up, I used uBlock's "element blocker." I haven't seen it since. (I thought it had gone away on its own, but looking back, that was what made it go away for me.) It is all about the GDPR - they are much stricter in Europe, and google was warned to make sure they complied/

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I DID find a way in the end - when it showed up, I used uBlock's "element blocker."

Thank you for mentioning that, I was able to get rid of this cookie settings element that way too.

Thank you for everyone who answered. At the end, the problem vanished after a few days, without any new action from my part. Everything seems ok now :)