KageSora

ANSWERED:Update/Expand FAQ post in Help Section

So, I was just poking around at it out of curiosity if it explained some stuff that does get asked a lot and...  It's kind of in need of some touch-up, I think?

For example, it still explains how to get a custom member title despite that apparently no longer being a function available on the forums?  The holiday section hasn't been updated since 2018 to reflect that at this point returning CB old breeds are a regular thing, that could use some updating (and could still keep the "this is subject to change" notice just in case).

It could also potentially use some expanding, especially for things like holidays and such--people frequently ask about the expected schedule so it might be useful to have the post include a rundown of how events have historically worked (and, yes, the included disclaimer of "future events subject to change from this format" but it'd at least be a better starting point).

Other things I've seen asked semi-frequently are things like details on how BSAs work that go beyond what's listed in the on-site help section, questions about common terminology seen in the trade hub/on the forums, etc.

The FAQ as we have isn't bad, but it just feels like it could use a little attention, y'know?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I will work on an updated version in the near future.

Holiday season and end-of-year work postponed it a while, but purpledragonclaw and I have edited and added to the FAQ, and Kaini has updated the helpful links post in the thread.

I will leave this thread open for a couple weeks so people can report if there is anything still out of date or incorrect. After that, you can use the We Want Forum Feedback thread. :)

1 hour ago, SkyWolf25 said:

Holiday season and end-of-year work postponed it a while, but purpledragonclaw and I have edited and added to the FAQ, and Kaini has updated the helpful links post in the thread.

I will leave this thread open for a couple weeks so people can report if there is anything still out of date or incorrect. After that, you can use the We Want Forum Feedback thread. :)

Oh, sweet!  Massive thanks to you, @purpledragonclaw, and @Kaini--the FAQ thread looks a lot nicer now!  You three did a fantastic job overhauling it, I think!

I think the only possible suggestion I can make is make note earlier in the section about the time in the cave.  It's mentioned in the holiday section, but it might be worth also listing in the "cave questions" section or the section about eggs that have time restrictions that the cave runs on EST/EDT and that you can check the in-cave time (and the sun/moon icon tells if it's day or night).  Mostly just so people know they don't usually have to calculate what the cave's timezone is compared to their own, they can quickly check in-game.  Not really that big of a deal, but thought it might be a useful bit!

37 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Oh, sweet!  Massive thanks to you, @purpledragonclaw, and @Kaini--the FAQ thread looks a lot nicer now!  You three did a fantastic job overhauling it, I think!

I think the only possible suggestion I can make is make note earlier in the section about the time in the cave.  It's mentioned in the holiday section, but it might be worth also listing in the "cave questions" section or the section about eggs that have time restrictions that the cave runs on EST/EDT and that you can check the in-cave time (and the sun/moon icon tells if it's day or night).  Mostly just so people know they don't usually have to calculate what the cave's timezone is compared to their own, they can quickly check in-game.  Not really that big of a deal, but thought it might be a useful bit!

It is done. :)