Razoreniye

ANSWERED:When does the Halloween event start?

Go to solution Solved by purplehaze,

This will be my second (or third) Halloween on DC, and I still don't know the dates of anything. It's pretty late into October now and the event still hasn't begun, so I was wondering if it has a release date? 

This kind of question really should be posted in the Help section, for future reference.

You can always check the News forum for posts from past holiday seasons, too.

But to answer your question, October 25 should be when things begin. :)

The new eggs can be expected to drop on the 31st, if you're looking for that specifically.

On 10/22/2023 at 9:59 PM, purplehaze said:

This kind of question really should be posted in the Help section, for future reference.

You can always check the News forum for posts from past holiday seasons, too.

But to answer your question, October 25 should be when things begin. :)

The 25th? But the Halloween event is normally a week?

10 minutes ago, AztecCroc said:

I assume it's from the 25th of october till the 1st of november? That'd make it a week.

IIRC, Halloween breeding begins at 00:00 on the 25th and ends at 23:59:59 on the 31st, which would be 7 days because the 25th is counted as a full day of the event--that is, counter isn't 7 days after the 25th the counter is 7 days including the 25th.

Some of the stuff can go longer though, last year some things went until November 8th. You basically just have to wait for the announcement post in News for the details for this year specifically. You can look at previous year's announcement posts in News to get an idea of what it could look like. 

6 hours ago, AztecCroc said:

You can breed your Halloween eggs for seven days, starting midnight October 25 through October 31 at 11:59 pm. This is also when the Holiday biome is open, to catch previous years' eggs.

New eggs drop on October 31, starting at midnight. That is the only day they are available (until they show up in the Holiday biome next year).  

The trick or treat event starts on October 25, too, as well as the minigame. In past years, it ran until November 1. Last year it was open for an extra week, until November 8.

There's a page on the Dragon Cave wiki with full details.