Akirameta

ANSWERED:Migrate the wiki from fandom to wiki.gg

Fandom wiki is just...a horrible site. Its laggy, covered in far too many ads, and just not pleasant to work with. Wiki.gg is such a better site, and many large scale game wikis like Terraria's have migrated off of fandom. Wiki.gg even has a whole section dedicated to how to migrate.

But, to be fair, there might be circumstances I am unaware of as to why such a migration can't happen, as I'm just a regular user, but if it is at all possible, its something to consider.

Edited by Akirameta

It would be a lot of work but I support (and could help). Fandom wiki is really awful - so many ads and auto-play videos. And difficult to navigate.

I definitely support this (OP is right, Fandom is absolutely foul), but is this the right place to put out the suggestion? As far as I'm aware, the wiki is run by regular users and TJ has nothing to do with it. Wouldn't it be better to talk to the mods over on the wiki about this? So we know for sure they'll see it?

Definitely think this should be taken up with whoever runs the wiki.  I support it since fandom is terrible, but the wiki is unofficial so this likely isn't the correct or most useful spit for suggestions like this

14 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Definitely think this should be taken up with whoever runs the wiki.  I support it since fandom is terrible, but the wiki is unofficial so this likely isn't the correct or most useful spit for suggestions like this

That's why I pinged them....

The wiki is not officially supported by DC, it is a third party project. Thus, I'll be closing this thread - I would suggest perhaps reaching out actually on the wiki or to one of the admins.