velvotg

Potential Sonata Glitch?

At 9:25PM Cave Time (during the eclipse) I caught a gold coloured Sonata dragon. I posted in the DC Moon watch thread. It was suggested to me that this was potentially a glitch as only silver "Eclipse" variant Sonata's should be available?

Just posting here in case this is relevant for anyone.

Here's an lineage link for the suspect egg if that helps also.

That's definitely strange. And I'm surprised no one's addressed this yet. I'm wondering if maybe TJ could "correct" it, but i've no idea...

I want to say maybe I remember there being a chance of the cave spitting out any of the three during eclipse, but I could be wrong tbh/misremembering. If its a glitch, it may require a fix. 

Did you check to see what colors were available in the market at the time?

Saw the post in the DC Moon Watchers! Both moons were at the apex of the eclipse (both Full) and only Silvers were available, which is certainly strange to catch an Aurax when they shouldn't have been in the pool if only Eclipses were available.. most likely a glitch?

Bumping this. I know it's too late, but I'd really like if this was looked into more. As someone who hoards silver sonatas during an eclipse, I'd hate to have this glitch keep happening. 

On 9/22/2023 at 12:59 AM, PrincessLucy said:

Did you check to see what colors were available in the market at the time?

According to the DC Moon Watchers Thread. Only silvers were available in the market at the time :).

Still hoping TJ can change its sprite. If not, I'd name the dragon Rebel Moon or something lol

19 hours ago, Brite said:

Still hoping TJ can change its sprite. If not, I'd name the dragon Rebel Moon or something lol

No, the alt of the dragon isn't going to change.

Depending on the timing, there are periods during the eclipse where Eclipse Sonatas are the predominant variant by far but not the only available variant.

2 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Depending on the timing, there are periods during the eclipse where Eclipse Sonatas are the predominant variant by far but not the only available variant.

Well I guess that answers it. Thanks for the explanation! 

So if it wasn't a glitch, does this mean that there may be different/more variants available in the cave than in the market... at any time? Or only during the eclipse? I am just curious, because I thought there was some sort of a consensus that you can check which variants are dropping by looking at what's available in the market. It's very possible that my information is outdated, I'm not on Discord and I haven't read everything in the Moon watch thread either. So far my sonata eggs (both CB and bred) have always been the same variant that was shown on the market page at the time, or one of those variants if there were several available, however I haven't raised too many sonatas yet.

I only bought them from the market because I thought all three would always be a teeny chance and I couldn’t find them in the cave. I do not remember where I got the information though!

Sorry you missed out on your special Sonata :( if you like I can send you one with eclipse parents? I think it’s kinda neat that you got that one though- if you think about it it’s more rare than the eclipse ones, because the chance of it being born that way was very small at the time! 

1 hour ago, Tiira said:

So if it wasn't a glitch, does this mean that there may be different/more variants available in the cave than in the market... at any time? Or only during the eclipse? I am just curious, because I thought there was some sort of a consensus that you can check which variants are dropping by looking at what's available in the market. It's very possible that my information is outdated, I'm not on Discord and I haven't read everything in the Moon watch thread either. So far my sonata eggs (both CB and bred) have always been the same variant that was shown on the market page at the time, or one of those variants if there were several available, however I haven't raised too many sonatas yet.

I THINK that anything dropping AT THAT MOMENT will show in the market - I've seen it with more than one type of Sonata at the same time in there. You'd have to look and then try for one - and the situation could easily change while you hunt.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I THINK that anything dropping AT THAT MOMENT will show in the market - I've seen it with more than one type of Sonata at the same time in there. You'd have to look and then try for one - and the situation could easily change while you hunt.

That's what I thought, too, but that Aurax sonata was caught when the Eclipse variant was the only one available in the market. So maybe we were wrong about this...

EXCEPT that - think on. You look in the market. ONLY Eclipses. You go to the biomes. An Aurax now zshows up in the market - but you can't see it - and it's only there for - say - half an hour. When you go back to the market, having caught that Aurax in the biomes - there are only Eclipses.  The Aurax was in the market when you were in the biomes, and you didn't see it, because you weren't there TO see it; you were hunting. It may not stick around for long, when variants are playing the odds.

Oh yes. That's true. So this in practice would mean that... you can't really use the market to check which sonata you will get from the cave or by breeding your dragons. And that there's no way to find out for sure if their market availability matches the cave availability or not, either.

Since the full eclipse only lasts for 24 hours or something, one would suppose that only Eclipse sonatas should have been available when that Aurax sonata was caught... but maybe not, then. Or maybe that dragon is one of a kind. 😸 Anyway, I was just curious.

All this new info makes me almost scared to hunt during an eclipse again (lol). I guess I might buy from the market from now on whenever I feel like building my lineages. 

41 minutes ago, Tiira said:

Oh yes. That's true. So this in practice would mean that... you can't really use the market to check which sonata you will get from the cave or by breeding your dragons. And that there's no way to find out for sure if their market availability matches the cave availability or not, either.

Since the full eclipse only lasts for 24 hours or something, one would suppose that only Eclipse sonatas should have been available when that Aurax sonata was caught... but maybe not, then. Or maybe that dragon is one of a kind. 😸 Anyway, I was just curious.

I'd say so, yeah..

23 minutes ago, Brite said:

All this new info makes me almost scared to hunt during an eclipse again (lol). I guess I might buy from the market from now on whenever I feel like building my lineages. 

I don't know - trading can help a lot. I save my shards for when I have NO other option.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't know - trading can help a lot. I save my shards for when I have NO other option.

That's true. I need to remember that shards are too precious to waste (especially since I'm saving up for another gold). This makes me think about the market voucher idea, but I'll save that discussion for its proper thread. 

@TJ09 can you take a second look please? velvotg recorded info when that sonata was grabbed, and by all indications it should have been 100% silver sonata time due to being a true eclipse.

OP honestly should have directly linked the post of the moons being in total eclipse since that's the relevant part here. It seems like the reverse of the glitch with silver sonatas where they kept appearing during non-eclipse full moons, except with a non-silver appearing during a true eclipse.

On 9/15/2023 at 7:32 PM, velvotg said:

Time: 08:25 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 15 September 2023

Season: Summer

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon😞 Full Moon 

II. Cirion (Blue Moon😞 Full Moon

Lunar Eclipse:

A. The site clock currently says "The moons are eclipsed by Valkemare."

Breeds

II. Sonata:

A. I caught a Gold Sonata egg. Lineage Link

Much to my surprise during the Eclipse I caught a gold sonata!

Screen Shot 2023-09-16 at 10.22.02 am.png

Edited by Shadowdrake